X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
    Just goes to show how close the top 8 teams, as well as the semifinalists, were to each other. Have we ever had 3 OT games on championship weekend before?
    Powers &8^]
    That was a first for Atlantic Hockey.
    Scott Biggar
    WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
    Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
      A big thank you to Ed and Scott and the support staff for taking us to the games each weekend for those of us scattered around the country and sometimes the world. Really appreciate the effort you guys put into making the games enjoyable regardless of the outcome!
      We appreciate everyone who listens. We are just the voices but it takes a lot of folks to make the magic happen, including the board ops, engineers, network partners, staff from Student Affairs, Athletics and Sports Information. For me, it is the conversations with the listeners that make it all worth while.
      Scott Biggar
      WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
      Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Biggar View Post
        We appreciate everyone who listens. We are just the voices but it takes a lot of folks to make the magic happen, including the board ops, engineers, network partners, staff from Student Affairs, Athletics and Sports Information. For me, it is the conversations with the listeners that make it all worth while.
        Even me when I make OT Predictions???

As I told Ed I don't know how you guys do it. You gave me to honor of being on twice and I'd love to do it again, but I have to admit I have no idea how you guys find the energy and time. Took the wife on the trip this year to Northeastern and when we got back I was dead tired. And I didn't broadcast anything, and was thinking how the heck does Ed and Scott do this all the time. I mean I'm not looking at your birth certificate but fairly certain you have a few years on me.

The program owes you guys a debt I don't think they can repay...
        Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
        The Mule
        Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

RIT belongs in the final four year in and year out. If we do not make it then the season is an absolute failure. We are the big fish is a small pond. You don't build a $38m beautiful arena to mediocre. If RIT had scholarships like Clarkson, we would be a fierce competitor in the NCAA tournament annually.
          R I T HOCKEY
          Frozen Four
          Elite Eight
          NCAA Tournament
          2010-2015-2016
          RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
            RIT belongs in the final four year in and year out. If we do not make it then the season is an absolute failure. We are the big fish is a small pond. You don't build a $38m beautiful arena to mediocre. If RIT had scholarships like Clarkson, we would be a fierce competitor in the NCAA tournament annually.
            That is a bit optimistic, don't you think?

Certainly I want to see RIT do well, and I *WANT* RIT to make it to the final four each year, I just don't think it's realistic based on how much parity there is in college hockey in general. "If RIT has scholarships..." a lot would be different - we would likely have higher quality recruits. BUT, RIT does not have scholarships and will likely never have scholarships. Nothing any of us can do about it except hope that our coaching staff continues to do a good job and find solid recruits.
            Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
            College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
            Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
            Men's Frozen Four 2010
            Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
            Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
              That is a bit optimistic, don't you think?

Certainly I want to see RIT do well, and I *WANT* RIT to make it to the final four each year, I just don't think it's realistic based on how much parity there is in college hockey in general. "If RIT has scholarships..." a lot would be different - we would likely have higher quality recruits. BUT, RIT does not have scholarships and will likely never have scholarships. Nothing any of us can do about it except hope that our coaching staff continues to do a good job and find solid recruits.
              Final Four of the AHA.* Not Frozen Four.
              R I T HOCKEY
              Frozen Four
              Elite Eight
              NCAA Tournament
              2010-2015-2016
              RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

I knew what you meant. Perhaps I should have said it's not realistic based on how much parity there is in the AHA.

But regardless, there's 11 good teams in this conference. 7 don't make it to the final four every year. It's ridiculous to expect to be there every year.

Out of curiousity, I went back to the 2006-2007 season (when RIT joined) and counted AHA Final Four appearances by team. This covers 13 seasons total (but only 8 for UConn and 9 for RMU/Niagara)

9 - Air Force
                8 - RIT
                7 - Mercyhurst
                6 - Canisius, Robert Morris
                4 - Army, Niagara
                3 - UConn
                2 - Sacred Heart
                1 - AIC, Bentley, Holy Cross

RIT missed it in 2007, 2013, 2014, 2017, and 2018.
                Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                Men's Frozen Four 2010
                Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Allow me to add to the thank yous to the radio staff, coaches, and players of this year's edition of RIT hockey. It was a wild ride, and though it didn't end the way we hoped, I believe that RIT is closer to being a contender than team having problems getting out of the first round.

As for location of the Atlantic Hockey final four location, given that only a few teams have decent travellng fan bases, it almost makes sense to have them at the top seed's home rink. However, as we saw in the RIT-Sacred Heart series, we can't guarantee that it would be available. Also, I don't think that Atlantic Hockey would really want to fly 3 teams out to Air Force should they be the top seed. I don't know how you can market this brand of hockey to get general public interest.
                  2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                  2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2010 Frozen Four participant
                  2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                    Allow me to add to the thank yous to the radio staff, coaches, and players of this year's edition of RIT hockey. It was a wild ride, and though it didn't end the way we hoped, I believe that RIT is closer to being a contender than team having problems getting out of the first round.

As for location of the Atlantic Hockey final four location, given that only a few teams have decent travellng fan bases, it almost makes sense to have them at the top seed's home rink. However, as we saw in the RIT-Sacred Heart series, we can't guarantee that it would be available. Also, I don't think that Atlantic Hockey would really want to fly 3 teams out to Air Force should they be the top seed. I don't know how you can market this brand of hockey to get general public interest.
                    Maybe rotate the finals between schools that can host a final four AHA championship and pre announce the locations before the season begins. Kind of like hosting the super bowl or the olympics.
                    RPI Engineers
                    RIT Tigers
                    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                      Maybe rotate the finals between schools that can host a final four AHA championship and pre announce the locations before the season begins. Kind of like hosting the super bowl or the olympics.
                      But I think komey's point is, if the host team isn't in it, there is no advantage to your proposal. It could just as easily be at a preannounced neutral site in a AHA city (like it was at Blue Cross and HarborCenter), and it wouldn't make any difference.

Ir RIT was not in it, would more RIT fans show up if the tournament was in Polisseni then if in the Blue Cross? I doubt it. And would it make any difference for the fans of the teams that were in it? I doubt it.
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

If Atlantic Hockey were to go to home sites, my suggestion would be to follow the WCHA model. Top eight teams make the playoffs. Then you have a best-of-three quarterfinal and a best-of-three semifinal at the highest seeds in each round. Championship game, single elimination, at top remaining seed.

Comment

Working...
                        X