This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Off-topic, but does anyone else think that Eovaldi might be a good candidate as the Sox closer from here on out? He looked lights-out last night.

29 runs off Yankee "pitching" in 2 games was fun to watch, in any case. Especially here.
    I think they are hoping he will, and I bet he'll be a good candidate for it. In the bullpen he can just throw 100 mph gas the whole outing instead of trying to conserve energy and it might suit him better.

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

Update: Sox plated 38 runs in 3 games v. the Yank-me's.

You all know this already, but it sure made us really happy inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Who cares its baseball
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Who cares its baseball
          Lots of Mainers care about the Sox. And there's not much to talk about, Maine hockey-wise.

Why not?

Comment

The boys should all be on campus this week. Next week they have ice time scheduled. It begins.

Red keeping the roster secret or what?
            Last edited by NorthMike; 07-29-2019, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Does still being 9 games behind also make you feel really happy inside?

Comment

“The most important thing he taught me was about caring for your players, and that spending time with your players was more important than what you could teach them.” Jim Montgomery on Grant Standbrook @NCAAHOCKEYCOACH @AHCAHockey @collegehockey https://t.co/ZwSh3nllYv

Comment

Originally posted by maineiac View Post
                  Does still being 9 games behind also make you feel really happy inside?
                  As long as they hammer the Yankees again next week, yes.

Comment

TV schedule

Football TV Dates:
                    Oct. 12 - Richmond - 12 p.m.
                    Oct. 26 - William & Mary - 1 p.m.
                    Nov. 16 - Rhode Island - 12 p.m.

Men's Ice Hockey TV Dates:
                    Nov. 1 – Boston University (7:30 p.m.)
                    Nov. 15 – New Hampshire (7:30 p.m.)
                    Jan. 31 – Merrimack (7:30 p.m.)
                    Feb. 7 – Northeastern (7:30 p.m.)
                    Feb. 15 – UConn (7:30 p.m.)
                    Feb. 22 – Vermont (5:00 p.m.)
                    March 6 – Providence (7:30 p.m.)

Comment

Sam Becker, Rob McGovern, Keith Muelbauer, and Mitch Fossier Receive AHCA All-American Scholar Honors.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                        TV schedule

Football TV Dates:
                        Oct. 12 - Richmond - 12 p.m.
                        Oct. 26 - William & Mary - 1 p.m.
                        Nov. 16 - Rhode Island - 12 p.m.

Men's Ice Hockey TV Dates:
                        Nov. 1 – Boston University (7:30 p.m.)
                        Nov. 15 – New Hampshire (7:30 p.m.)
                        Jan. 31 – Merrimack (7:30 p.m.)
                        Feb. 7 – Northeastern (7:30 p.m.)
                        Feb. 15 – UConn (7:30 p.m.)
                        Feb. 22 – Vermont (5:00 p.m.)
                        March 6 – Providence (7:30 p.m.)
                        Thanks, we'll probably have them all on Dish here, so I'll look at the listings. And we'll certainly attend the Colgate and Albany games, and suffer at St. Lawrence for the hockey.

If football is still in the mix at that point, even Durham will be on the plate for the RS finale.

Tough times to be a Maine fan, but hope springs eternal, and I do believe that football has another shot in the coming season.

Comment

Thanks, we'll probably have them all on Dish here, so I'll look at the listings. And we'll certainly attend the Colgate and Albany games, and suffer at St. Lawrence for the hockey.

If football is still in the mix at that point, even Durham will be on the plate for the RS finale.

Tough times to be a Maine fan, but hope springs eternal, and I do believe that football has another shot in the coming season.
                          Agree that the FB program this year has a very good chance...on paper it looks real good, but we know also it will come down to keeping Ferguson healthy, how the team transitions to a New Head Coach and changes in the other Coaching slots...and how they turn out in close games...as last year it went all Maine in those type of games...BUT have to be more confident on the FB compared to the upcoming hockey season. HKy has Many ?-marks on defense/offensive scoring and overall depth. IMO Swayman will be called upon to be the best player for Maine...work-horse.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                            Agree that the FB program this year has a very good chance...on paper it looks real good, but we know also it will come down to keeping Ferguson healthy, how the team transitions to a New Head Coach and changes in the other Coaching slots...and how they turn out in close games...as last year it went all Maine in those type of games...BUT have to be more confident on the FB compared to the upcoming hockey season. HKy has Many ?-marks on defense/offensive scoring and overall depth. IMO Swayman will be called upon to be the best player for Maine...work-horse.
                            Good summary. Not sure how Jefferson's departure will impact the running game, but Maine's spread-offense should work for a capable replacement RB. Ferguson is a talented QB, but if Maine is forced to get too pass-happy, he'll likely get hurt... Still, football could be good again this coming season. Maybe very good.

I'm not nearly as hopeful for hockey, but I will say that Swayman is easily the best goalie that RG has brought-in, and -aside from bone-headed Binner- his D hasn't too looked bad in its own end as a general rule. If the team GAA is below, say, 3, Maine might have a shot at the Garden.

Not holding my breath on that one, and I certainly don't want Red extended again on the basis of an ongoing failure, but a little light at the end of the tunnel would feel refreshing, at least for his successor, and the few of us who still care.

Comment

Good summary. Not sure how Jefferson's departure will impact the running game, but Maine's spread-offense should work for a capable replacement RB. Ferguson is a talented QB, but if Maine is forced to get too pass-happy, he'll likely get hurt... Still, football could be good again this coming season. Maybe very good.

I'm not nearly as hopeful for hockey, but I will say that Swayman is easily the best goalie that RG has brought-in, and -aside from bone-headed Binner- his D hasn't too looked bad in its own end as a general rule. If the team GAA is below, say, 3, Maine might have a shot at the Garden.

Not holding my breath on that one, and I certainly don't want Red extended again on the basis of an ongoing failure, but a little light at the end of the tunnel would feel refreshing, at least for his successor, and the few of us who still care.
                              Your last sentence says it all.

Comment

The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of an oncoming train.

Comment

Working...
                                X