This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

In honor of Shane Bear and Lilli Friis-Hansen, today is 8 September 2019. There are 27 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In honor of Jake Marrello and Mikayla Capelle, today is 9 September 2019. There are 26 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-09-2019, 01:19 PM.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't even know what to say about this

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post

Makes me nauseous just reading this....I am at loss for words. Say whatever you like about Appert but he would never in a million years let this happen. I was going to drop my season ticket money off today...am now thinking twice. Ugly
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

There are always two sides to every story, but this isn't a good look for anyone, particularly the Institute and the leadership of the hockey program. Yikes.
            Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              Makes me nauseous just reading this....I am at loss for words. Say whatever you like about Appert but he would never in a million years let this happen. I was going to drop my season ticket money off today...am now thinking twice. Ugly
              Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
              There are always two sides to every story, but this isn't a good look for anyone, particularly the Institute and the leadership of the hockey program. Yikes.
              I agree with both comments as well as Sezenack's original statement.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                I would go further and say this is not a good look going all the way to the top. NG gave much of himself to this program and deserves far better. Reinforces a lot of what I have been feeling about things the past few years.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  I would go further and say this is not a good look going all the way to the top. NG gave much of himself to this program and deserves far better. Reinforces a lot of what I have been feeling about things the past few years.
                  I heard at the time of his accident they were getting ready to part ways with him. I have no idea if that is true, but that would certainly explain the cutting of ties. I'm not saying it is right, just that it would explain the situation. They certainly could have made an effort to find a way for the RPI community to offer him continued support such as collecting and forwarding cards and offerings after he went back to Canada. I can appreciate his bitterness and wish him only the best. I am certain it has been a long, very tough recovery and when you get to the stage where you can take stock of where you are and where you have been, he must be very lonely.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                    I heard at the time of his accident they were getting ready to part ways with him. I have no idea if that is true, but that would certainly explain the cutting of ties. I'm not saying it is right, just that it would explain the situation. They certainly could have made an effort to find a way for the RPI community to offer him continued support such as collecting and forwarding cards and offerings after he went back to Canada. I can appreciate his bitterness and wish him only the best. I am certain it has been a long, very tough recovery and when you get to the stage where you can take stock of where you are and where you have been, he must be very lonely.
                    Actually none of this is true. Nolan is not lonely, he has his beautiful wife and daughter who are the lights of his life. Nolan is a dedicated family man. Nolan was my neighbor when he lived in Troy and we would talk ever so often even after the accident. I saw Nolan at a coffee shop about a year ago in Troy and chatted; he is not bitter, in fact he is up beat. Let's just tell the flat out truth, the present coach has never try to cultivate a relationship with the alumni or anybody especially from the Appert days. In your post, you say Smith was going to part ways with Nolan before the accident; ok, fine. However, Smith got rid of Jewell who was well liked and did it from what I hear in a terrible way and he picked him! Smith can't keep recruits, players or coaches. This is the truth, everyone can see it with their own eyes. Nolan sentiments are shared by many. Lee McElroy's stewardship of this program is atrocious. He's just sitting back and collecting a check and could care less abt his only D1 program at the school. His lack of attention to the program and those who wore the Cherry and White is evident for everyone to see. Yep, I am a Seth guy, no doubt and the reason I am is bx he talks to Nolan, reaches out, cares abt him. More than the current regime. Smith will never get an NCAA bid or come in 2nd in the ECAC like Seth did... never.! God speed Nolan, thanks for your contribution to the program.
                    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Years?

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        Truth
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          Your posts have been spot on throughout the whole Smith Debacle.

Comment

Smith may not be the one to blame here. I said earlier that I didn't know what to say about it, but I'll say now that it's truly sickening. We don't know and will never know who is to blame for this treatment of Graham, but RPI and its hockey program as a whole need to get their act together.

Comment

There is a time and place for dealing with things like this and on Twitter is not the place in my opinion. But sadly it seems that is how things are done more often then not today.
                              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Smith may not be the one to blame here. I said earlier that I didn't know what to say about it, but I'll say now that it's truly sickening. We don't know and will never know who is to blame for this treatment of Graham, but RPI and its hockey program as a whole need to get their act together.
                                Wow. I don't know Smith or McElroy and they may be the scum that Graham's message was clearly intended to portray, but I also don't know that his perspective is correct. He claimed he's been ignored for months and years. The latter would be a pretty neat trick since he was only injured 18 months ago and as recently as a year ago he was visiting with the staff in the office before moving out of the country. The sad thing about this matter, regardless of who is correct (and it likely that neither side is completely right), is that it is being played out in an public forum. There is no winner.

Comment

Working...
                                X