Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    They may have benfitted as well to wait a sec and not marry the first girl who laid them
    JFK had a pause and saw the B’s dress him a game to burn a year
    Exactly ....and I believe given different situation that would have Been the case .. there’s a goalie glut in Dallas at least another year or two and even if he would have ended up there in the end there was no reason to rush there ... Fabbro I suspect will burn a year of elc and while there is depth at d in Nashville they really wanted him ... farabee who knows I think he always viewed this as one and done and krys again makes you wonder

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post
      I would say what Colby Cohen shares has way more significance than any of this babble this isn’t about blue chippers leaving early
      Can you elaborate on the source of the unhappiness or dissatisfaction leading to the exodus?
      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
        Can you elaborate on the source of the unhappiness or dissatisfaction leading to the exodus?
        Ask Colby Cohen he’s the one who shared

Comment

Again ... you don’t understand ...the goal is to burn a year of elc and that is 3 years no matter what .. in the case of oettinger krys they sign and play jisbyewr but don’t get to burn a year of their ELC .. it doesn’t make sense in a lot of not most cases to leave a high end D1 program to go play in the AHL and if they leave and they don’t get to burn a year of elc like for example mccavoy did or Eichel even JFK then they usually stay the ATO for oettinger is same for the others that aren’t officially burning a year of and want to play ... I suspect farabee isn’t going to play so no need and I suspect chad has same del so as not being able to burn a year of elc ... until next year ... I would be surprised if Fabbro doesn’t get the chance to burn a year of ELC
          I get it.

Option A: sign now and start burning ELC at beginning of 2019/2020 NHL season no matter what.
          Option B: go back to BU and sign at end of next season and hope they put you on NHL roster to start ELC year which rarely happens.
          Option C: go back to BU and sign and start burning ELC at beginning of 2020/2021 NHL season no matter what.

Very rare for an NHL to burn an ELC year for 10 or so games unless they player is an absolute stud ala McAvoy/Eichel where the player can help the NHL team immediately. They chose Option A which I get since they probably werent offered Option B.

Comment

Ask Colby Cohen he’s the one who shared
            Okay, I'll wait until I speak to him later this afternoon.
            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Oettinger and Fabbro will burn a year no matter what next year; I believe as they are not "slide eligible" as they are both 20 already. Farrabee appears to be slide eligible and would need to appear in 10 games to burn his first year of his ELC.

I think.
              Correct but If as Jonny gaudreau for example did and played one game with Calgary and burned a year the same thing would be the case for the guys signing except farabee which is why they are playing in ATO’s well at least krys and oettinger .. I think Fabbro plays this year and burns a year ...farabee seemingly can’t play anyway because of his injury so contract is for next year

Comment

Correct but If as Jonny gaudreau for example did and played one game with Calgary and burned a year the same thing would be the case for the guys signing except farabee which is why they are playing in ATO’s well at least krys and oettinger .. I think Fabbro plays this year and burns a year ...farabee seemingly can’t play anyway because of his injury so contract is for next year
                Fabbro burns a year because Nashville lost leverage if Fabbro came back to BU he would become a FA. Nashville would then lose Fabbro for nothing so they dangle burning a year of ELC to get him to sign.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                  I get it.

Option A: sign now and start burning ELC at beginning of 2019/2020 NHL season no matter what.
                  Option B: go back to BU and sign at end of next season and hope they put you on NHL roster to start ELC year which rarely happens.
                  Option C: go back to BU and sign and start burning ELC at beginning of 2020/2021 NHL season no matter what.

Very rare for an NHL to burn an ELC year for 10 or so games unless they player is an absolute stud ala McAvoy/Eichel where the player can help the NHL team immediately. They chose Option A which I get since they probably werent offered Option B.
                  You are more on track now I don’t necessarily agree as in some cases players have leverage wouldn’t call JFK or Colin White studs ... but again the player has more control in the current situation and unless they know (or are falsely promised ) they get NHL time and a chance to burn first year they are less likely to go unless there are other reasons that’s all I am saying

Comment

Fabbro burns a year because Nashville lost leverage if Fabbro came back to BU he would become a FA. Nashville would then lose Fabbro for nothing so they dangle burning a year of ELC to get him to sign.
                    He only has to play one NHL game and I know that’s exactly the point

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                      Okay, I'll wait until I speak to him later this afternoon.
                      I laughed

Comment

You are more on track now I don’t necessarily agree as in some cases players have leverage wouldn’t call JFK or Colin White studs ... but again the player has more control in the current situation and unless they know (or are falsely promised ) they get NHL time and a chance to burn first year they are less likely to go unless there are other reasons that’s all I am saying
                        I think we agree but I am probably not clear in my describing the situations. Each player has a unique situation and all want to get paid and as fast as possible. Not sure that relates to the coaching at BU. The type of players they get its becoming the norm for doing as little time at BU as necessary to then jump to the pro level. Sometimes works (Eichel) and sometimes it doesnt (long list of players leaving too early).

Comment

More Coach Trashing on Twitter

https://***********/BU_Hockey5/statu...35716234215424
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Farabee seemingly can’t play anyway because of his injury so contract is for next year
                            Going to be interesting when he hits the 9 game mark next year.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I think we agree but I am probably not clear in my describing the situations. Each player has a unique situation and all want to get paid and as fast as possible. Not sure that relates to the coaching at BU. The type of players they get its becoming the norm for doing as little time at BU as necessary to then jump to the pro level. Sometimes works (Eichel) and sometimes it doesnt (long list of players leaving too early).

See I don’t totally agree with that it isn’t always that each player wanted to get paid as fast as possible of course they all want to get paid but want the best situation where they get to develop and get a chance to play and quickest path to the NHL no one wants to sign to languish in the AHL or worse when maybe staying in school would be a better choice development wise and quality of life wise ... now if you feel that not to be the case then it changes the calculus which I think is what some people are saying and asking about what those reasons may be

Comment

Albie certainlly has a rough road ahead and it will be interesting to see how much rope he has. Next year looks like a total rebuild year and thats not going to go over well. I think administration has to give him a few years to instill his stamp on the program but its going to be rough waters until BU comes out of this downturn. Only thing that is a positive is I think Umass comes back to pack with Makar leaving, PC will be good, Umass Lowell/UNH/UMaine/UConn/Merrimack/VT arent good either so Hockey East is pretty crappy. BC has a great recruiting class coming in but for how long and how long do they stay for? BU can still be decent in this conference.
                                Last edited by Lemonade; 03-25-2019, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X