X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Harvard crimson 2017-18

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Back to the near future . . .

A telling degree of new openness and candor this season from the HC of the HC, methinks. Not really striking for most, probably, but just newish, at least from Bright. (Almost like: ‘Dammit, we blew a four point weekend!’) This is no doubt standard (and tame) for the WCHA. But you can tell she thinks she’s got some horses, and she’s going to bring them along for a Derby run in the next year or two.

http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/wice/index
    (for Crimson mavens only, recovering from a five-win season; others will only hear blah, blah, blah)
    Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 11-16-2017, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
      Could it be that a full, healthy roster would make a little bit of noise in the otherwise top-heavy ECAC?
      Laing and Heffernan are hurt. Not sure the timetable for their return. Maybe January, hopefully sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
        Laing and Heffernan are hurt. Not sure the timetable for their return. Maybe January, hopefully sooner.
        Thx. Believe it or not we can use a little help on this thread.

Comment

What did this young team learn last weekend? Well, 5-0 against Brown can become 5-3 in 3 minutes, given two 5x3s, and Yale can score an EAG at 18:56 for the tie. Hockey happens. Larcom keeps her cool.

They came off a bye week with some line tweaks, and were able to add a healthy, scoring Danny Kaye Peper’s back also, but they’re still absent Warner and, critically, Heffernan. It would be nice to be at full strength when they take off the training wheels after this weekend with Holy Cross. BC lies in wait.

(Btw, the camo outfits were apparently sent back to Parris Island before the Yale game. Mercifully.)
          Might want to keep on those training wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Genbeau View Post
            Might want to keep on those training wheels.
            Yeah . . . and call in sick Wednesday night.

Comment

Well I decided not to drive to Worcester to see the second Holy Cross game and I could not find it on cable.

Harvard did not post the usual box score on the website and Holy Cross posted a box score but did not post a losing of penalties, just the total of 4 penalties totaling 19 minutes with no details as to for what and by who.

The only way I can get to 19 minutes is two minors plus a major and a ten minute misconduct. Can anybody fill me in on what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                Harvard did not post the usual box score on the website and Holy Cross posted a box score but did not post a losing of penalties, just the total of 4 penalties totaling 19 minutes with no details as to for what and by who.

The only way I can get to 19 minutes is two minors plus a major and a ten minute misconduct. Can anybody fill me in on what happened?
                http://collegehockeystats.net/1718/boxes/wharhcr1.n18
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

ARM -

Thank you very much, I was curious. No idea why Harvard Athletics did not post the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                    No idea why Harvard Athletics did not post the box.
                    Weird, but I see that it's up today. I think they didn't like the "GAMEMISC."

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                      Interesting, but despite being listed as a captain, Laing is no longer listed on the Harvard website roster. She must have withdrawn.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                        Interesting, but despite being listed as a captain, Laing is no longer listed on the Harvard website roster. She must have withdrawn.
                        The Harvard Crimson, not to be confused with the women’s team’s hockey website, reported Nov. 13 that Laing “would be out for the rest of the season” due to injury. So these things are no secret to undergrads, or rather no secret to undergrad journalists, but seem to call for complete radio silence when it comes to fans at large, thereby promoting puzzlement and speculation. I don’t know why simple transparency (also known as basic information), especially if there is no ostensible reason for confidentiality, should be such a moving target when it comes to certain college teams. Having to read tea leaves from roster changes does a disservice to the fans who support them.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                          It is unclear what is happening. I know Lexie missed the McGill exhibition game and that she played the games against Dartmouth, Princeton and Quinnipiac but nothing since October 28th.
                          Last year her sister Denna came to almost all the home games. I have not seen her this year but I have assumed maybe she has a new PT regime or has started back to school. I believe I saw Lexie's mum at the Friday Holy Cross game.

I guess we will find out eventually

Comment

I don’t know why simple transparency (also known as basic information), especially if there is no ostensible reason for confidentiality, should be such a moving target when it comes to certain college teams.
                            It's a HIPAA violation for the schools to release medical information about a player. And fans may not feel that it is their place to share private medical information about a college student with the general public on a public message board unless they personally know the player and know that it's okay to do so.

So of course it makes the most sense that there are undergrads who are friends with Lexie (or friends of friends) who know what is going on rather than some people on a message board who don't know Lexie from Eve.
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              It's a HIPAA violation for the schools to release medical information about a player.
                              But not with the athlete’s consent, as I understand it. The problem with HIPAA-induced ignorance is that you get hopeful expressions of return to action on the one hand and statements of possible “withdrawal” on the other. I realize that the regulation’s intent is not to keep fans happy, and indeed is not primarily in place for college athletics, but I think that schools should encourage their athletes to waive confidentiality when it is appropriate to do so, and then make even a minimally informative team statement of unavailability or whatever. There should be no presumption that athletes will waive their rights, but de facto informal networks that get the word out don’t always act quickly or accurately enough to prevent useless speculation.

HIPAA is thorny, but more so than KRACH, RPI and PWR? You’ve helped us work our way around them. Surely the federal government can’t be as challenging . . .
                              Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 11-22-2017, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Surely the federal government can’t be as challenging . . .
                                HAAAAAAAAAA! You came equipped with jokes I see
                                Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 11-23-2017, 12:27 AM.
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                                X