Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Hope the team got there yesterday ahead of all the snow. It's going to get hammered there through Saturday!
    If you are talking about the girls, yeah, they made it. Saw some pics on fb of them practicing at the Verizon Center in Mankato. Not sure about the guys but I am guessing they got out to South Bend ahead of the weather, too.

Comment

Well that wasnt the result we needed to see. It wasnt a terrible game but to many mistakes with the puck. Give ND credit they force you to make mistakes and then dont return the favor with mistakes of their own. The winning goal came off of one of those mistakes a failed clear of the zone and i think its one that Romeo would probably like back. They need to win tomorrow to get this taste of losing out of the system.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
        Well that wasnt the result we needed to see. It wasnt a terrible game but to many mistakes with the puck. Give ND credit they force you to make mistakes and then dont return the favor with mistakes of their own. The winning goal came off of one of those mistakes a failed clear of the zone and i think its one that Romeo would probably like back. They need to win tomorrow to get this taste of losing out of the system.
        I thought for the most part we were toe to toe with ND most of the game and you have to give ND's defense credit that on our scoring chances close up in the crease they had their sticks where they needed to be disrupting our shots.
        Speaking of shots, just how many did we send over the net? Sure seemed like we blew a lot of scoring chances with bad shot placement.
        But on our defense, just takes one mistake for a team to score on you. From the replay it looked like Weiss was not even trying to get to the weak side of the net in time or didn't see ND's guy coming in unopposed to get in position, either way no excuse and it cost us dearly.
        Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-10-2018, 02:22 PM.

Comment

I thought for the most part we were toe to toe with ND most of the game and you have to give ND's defense credit that on out scoring chanced close up in the crease they had their sticks where they needed to be disrupting out shots.
          Speaking of shots, just how many did we send over the net? Sure seemed like we blew a lot of scoring chances with bad shot placement.
          But on out defense, just takes one mistake for a team to score on you. From the replay it looked like Weiss was not even trying to get to the weak side of the net in time or didn't see ND's guy coming in unopposed to get in position, either way no excuse and it cost us dearly.
          I dont think they played poorly at all just to many mistakes with the puck. I think the book on Morris is shoot high and thats where they missed the net most of the time. Nd's defense is the reason they are so good you have to be crisp with your passing against them.

Comment

We were very good on the penalty kill but being shorthanded as much as we were kills a LOT of clock that we could have been on some much needed offense when we were down a goal!

Comment

We were very good on the penalty kill but being shorthanded as much as we were kills a LOT of clock that we could have been on some much needed offense when we were down a goal!
              One of the first games this year where they just took stupid penalties. Yea that 3rd period was a penalty fest and just killed the clock which was ND's best friend.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                One of the first games this year where they just took stupid penalties. Yea that 3rd period was a penalty fest and just killed the clock which was ND's best friend.
                We had so many stupid penalties it was like Healey was back on the roster! LOL!

Comment

A GREAT win tonight and it will keep us in 2nd place and should rebound us in the Pairwise.
                  Too bad we didn't play like this last night and taken two from ND!
                  It's always good to have momentum going into your next series.
                  No predictions on my part but I'd say we have cause for optimism going to Minnesota next weekend.
                  GO BUCKS!

Comment

Very impressive win tonight. They gave ND no room all night long for the most part and when they did have room Romeo came up with some huge saves. On to Minnesota and the magic number is 5 to clinch 2nd place so a split next weekend clinches 2nd place for the Buckeyes.

Comment

Wonder what Dakota did to pi*s off coach and not dress the entire weekend?

Comment

Wonder what Dakota did to pi*s off coach and not dress the entire weekend?
                        He didnt even travel with the team. Could have been a number of things but im guessing skip a class mabye

Comment

It's been RUMORED that sometimes he gets a pis*y attitude and won't contribute in practice but do not take this as fact. Face it, they are still not fully men at that age and you as a coach have to deal with the little unpleasants that crop up from it now and then.

Comment

It's been RUMORED that sometimes he gets a pis*y attitude and won't contribute in practice but do not take this as fact. Face it, they are still not fully men at that age and you as a coach have to deal with the little unpleasants that crop up from it now and then.
                            Second hand stuff for me, but I heard the same thing from a friend who lives next door to one of the player's parents.

I had tickets for the two game in South Bend but since a totally overweight woman at a Meijers store drove her electric cart into my right hip I suffered the hockey famous "lower body injury" and will be "out for an undetermined period of time." Nothing broken, but a compressed nerve is almost as bad. Should it get to the point that OSU is hosting the B1G championship game in Columbus I will be the guy in the wheelchair with a very surly look on his face and looking to high stick or spear someone with my cane.

Could be wrong, but looking at the standings this morning it appears that a single win against Minnesota next weekend would give the Bucks second place.

I see the women's team won their 20th last night for the first time ever. Good year to be an OSU hockey fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                              Could be wrong, but looking at the standings this morning it appears that a single win against Minnesota next weekend would give the Bucks second place.
                              If we went winless the next two weekends Michigan could pass us by a point if they swept Notre Dame next weekend but 6 points is their limit as their last weekend is non-conference against Arizona State.
                              Again, if we went winless, Minnesota could pass us by 4 points if they swept the next two weekends. Nobody else can catch us.
                              So all we need is 5 points to lock in 2nd place as Klbaum pointed out. We did with Saturday's win however clinch a First round home playoff series to be played at the Schott!
                              As it stands we better be ready to play Sparty again and with a LOT more effort than the last game we played them!
                              Subsequent playoffs if we advance will be at Nationwide Arena.
                              Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-11-2018, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Just a reminder, if you're a season ticket holder you have until tomorrow to reserve your regular seats for the playoffs!

Comment

Working...
                                X