Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
    He'll spend a year in the BCHL for Victoria (Same team that Riley Hughes and Jeremie Bucheler played for) and will enroll to NU in 2020.
    thx!
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

NU will be @Union 10/11 and 10/12. It's looking more and more likely the last 2 OOC games will be v. RPI. It's possible it'll be Colgate or AIC but Colgate is @UML 10/18 and 10/19 which should be a NU home wknd series and AIC usually plays teams just 1 time, if that's the case then NU just may have 2 diff opponents for 1 game.

Comment

Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
        NU will be @Union 10/11 and 10/12.
        I'll be there, looking forward to it! A relatively benign 4 hour drive from here.
        Let's Go Huskies!

Northeastern University '02

Comment

If NU at Union is true, I could easily make it a three day weekend instead of driving an hour each way. Stay in Schenectady at night and go to Saratoga during the day.
          Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
          —H. L. Mencken

Comment

• Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

NU will announce their schedule on Tuesday - they are announcing a lot of their sports schedules next week throughout the week.

My final prediction for the 2 unknown OOC games are AIC and maybe Army if it's just a 1 game series.
            Last edited by Liveatjrl; 06-07-2019, 09:45 PM.

Comment

BC's schedule yesterday revealed that Harvard and BC are not returning their games v Bentley this year so that opens the door for NU to play them. I hope not and we play a new team / teams I mentioned earlier.

Comment

I think i read somewhere that NU was returning to Ireland nxt season for the Belpot..
                GO NU HOCKEY
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  I think i read somewhere that NU was returning to Ireland nxt season for the Belpot..
                  You heard right! NU along with UNH, Colgate, and Princeton. I made the trip in 2015 and had one heckuva time. Hoping that the NU powers that be sponsor an organized trip like Yale and BU did last year. In addition to the games, lots of sightseeing and pub crawling in both Northern Ireland and the Irish Republic.

NU will play UNH in a HEA league game while the other two play an ECAC league game the first night. Winners meet the next night for the championship. Losers get a consolation game.
                  Last edited by Split-N; 06-11-2019, 07:44 AM.
                  "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

BC's schedule yesterday revealed that Harvard and BC are not returning their games v Bentley this year so that opens the door for NU to play them. I hope not and we play a new team / teams I mentioned earlier.
                    Man I hope not. While I am itching to see their new arena (planned to go this year anyway), I'd love to play a new team. Army would be a dream come true for me
                    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Schedule has been released. Click this link: https://***********/GoNUmhockey/stat...76209405227008

I'll put a blog post up later on our thoughts but here's some to start:

- Going to Maine between the Beanpot games is rough

- Drawing BU, PC, and UMass as 3 of our extra games is bologna.

- Home OOC games of Dartmouth, Bentley, and Holy Cross

- SUPER tough end to the season.
                      "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                        Schedule has been released. Click this link: https://***********/GoNUmhockey/stat...76209405227008

I'll put a blog post up later on our thoughts but here's some to start:

- Going to Maine between the Beanpot games is rough

- Drawing BU, PC, and UMass as 3 of our extra games is bologna.

- Home OOC games of Dartmouth, Bentley, and Holy Cross

- SUPER tough end to the season.
                        And here's the promised post http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...t-cloud-state/
                        "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

It is clear that we don't have any friends in the scheduling department! We have 3 games with UMass, PC, bu and Maine (including a visit to Orono between the Beanpot rounds). Only 14 home games + Belfast. If I were paranoid, I would suspect certain neighbors of ICEpionage here. They might feel it was perfectly justifiable after last season.

We get to run the gauntlet with our first five league games including 3 with UMass, and 2 (of 3) with PC. The Frozen Four would have been easier!! Sprinkled into the first month, we get to visit Union for two games and then go to Minnesota for two with St. Cloud. Those huskies were the #1 ranked team for most of last season until they laid a Horton sized egg in the opening round of the NCAAs (an annual ritual for them). They might possibly remember that we pinned their first loss on them when they came to Matthews last fall. Uh Oh. If we are not ready, we could easily start out 2-9 (1-5 in HEA). Sound familiar?

Then there is February and 2 with bu in March. I hope those games will still matter. Of course, the Beanpot matters where we have to deal with a strong Harvard team. Someday, it would be a treat for both NU and Harvard to meet in the finals. Not this year, but someday.

Comment

wow.. tough schedule indeed but whatever, is what it is.. i'm sure the team will make the most of it.

the one that takes the cake is the road gm to Orono between the 2 B'Pot Monday gms.. oh well, we had a nice run no expectations for immediate season & stranger things have happened.
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the hockey blog's post recapping the friends of NU meeting with coach tonight. Might give more insight on the schedule and future.

Also looking forward to what he has to say about incoming freshman class.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the hockey blog's post recapping the friends of NU meeting with coach tonight. Might give more insight on the schedule and future.

Also looking forward to what he has to say about incoming freshman class.
                                Unfortunately the meeting had to be rescheduled. Coach was out of town. Reschedule date tbd, but we'll have info and a post on stuff as soon as we know more.
                                "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Working...
                                X