Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.57: We Should Have Voted for Zaphod Beeblebrox Instead.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.57: We Should Have Voted for Zaphod Beeblebrox Instead.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    It worked in Oregon and Washington and Maryland and Colorado and New Mexico and Nevada and Virginia.

It will work eventually in North Carolina and Georgia and Arizona and Texas.

Californians and New Yorkers graduate Stanford and Princeton and get jobs in Dumbf-ckistan to exploit the local cheap labor and resources. A sh-t ton of their tier B high school classmates move down to take the jobs in the new industries they create and build houses for $300k which would have cost them $800k back home. Gradually the intelligence and income needles climb. Civilization works its way into the backwaters. Eventually the tipping point is reached and the state moves from red to blue.

It can go in reverse, too. If a state collapses the smarties leave and the dummies remain to scrabble in the dirt. Ohio, soon Pennsylvania. Maybe Michigan.

But that state rep was right: education keeps producing more smarties and gradually Homo Americanus gets smarter and more informed and by definition more liberal.
    I read an article yesterday about how that is what is turning Texas towards Purple. Since the economy is doing well there lots of young people are moving there for business. Most are liberals. Very interesting how that is working out.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      I read an article yesterday about how that is what is turning Texas towards Purple. Since the economy is doing well there lots of young people are moving there for business. Most are liberals. Very interesting how that is working out.
      While this is true never forget that the economy in Texas is based entirely on Republican policies. It may not be so awesome once they have to start spending money. Minnesota is at least built on a foundation of liberal principles despite the fact that the GOP here has been trying to destroy that for decades now.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        While this is true never forget that the economy in Texas is based entirely on Republican policies. It may not be so awesome once they have to start spending money.
        It will be awesome for the people there. The only reason a red state ever shows a "good" economy is when it abandons all of its poor and POC and then writes them out of the report.

The red states are feudal. The ruling class and their courtiers are counted. Nobody else is even considered. Once TX turns purple they will begin to spend on their people rather than their rich. Education and health care will increase, leading to a better quality of life and more opportunity. In turn more people will become productive and actively involved leading to greater diversity and even greater liberalism. Drug dependence and church attendance will drop; school attendance and STEM will rise. It's a virtuous cycle. That's why Republicans have to destroy education and health care to rule. Keep the slaves stupid and desperate.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Happy 9/11 everyone!

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            Happy 9/11 everyone!

Beat me to it.

Dafuq.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              Dafuq.
              Would you like to know more?
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                Trump won that district by 12 points in 2016, and now they GOP scrapes out a tight win. How is that not a good sign?
                Because Scooby says so...duh...
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Would you like to know more?
                  The best part, it's a commercial for a t-shirt company but they just edited out the company logo at the end.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

Beat me to it.

Dafuq.
                    Looks like it was a blatant rip from a thirty second ad from a clothing company for jar-heads and their arm candy called Grunt Style

Grunt Style claims they self censored themselves from airing this ad during the Super Bowl.

*edit* And you beat me to that. We're like the worst Scooby Doo cartoon knock-off detectives ever.
                    Last edited by aparch; 09-11-2019, 10:55 AM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Grunt Style claims they self censored themselves from airing this ad during the Super Bowl.
                      What does that even mean? They realized they were just to hardcore for us?

KDR

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        Trump won that district by 12 points in 2016, and now they GOP scrapes out a tight win. How is that not a good sign?
                        It's a mixed sign. In the the other (rural) special election they matched R+24 exactly.

According to 538 (link in the Congress thread) what is happening is rural districts continue to drift farther into R Naziism while every other district is galloping back towards D sanity. This seems good overall because rural districts are not a plurality, but (1) there are a ton of them, (2) the House was effectively gerrymandered to overweight them, and (3) the Senate and Electoral College enormously overweights them to the point of being a parody of representative government.

By 2040, 30% of the US population will control 70% of the Senate. Flyover liberals need to understand that all that booshwa about "we need to be represented so the coasts don't run us over" is just conservatives forcing their own overrepresentation because a majority of the country is center-left to left and they don't want us -- you -- to have equal representation.

Figure it the f-ck out, people. Your dirt and shrubs are not your friend because they are causing Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, and Idaho to overwhelm not just us but you. You have more in common with CA and NY than with flyover Nazis.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 09-11-2019, 11:04 AM.
                        Cornell University

Comment

What does that even mean? They realized they were just to hardcore for us?
                          I think it's just their way of tuggin' their nutsacks while bragging about how patriotic they are. From the description in their YouTube posting (Same video as Guliani's just with the extra two seconds showing of their company logo):

This Commercial Would Have Changed the Game

This commercial was intended to be our commercial in the Big Game (you know the one). We weren't denied or rejected by anyone, it was our own decision to not run it. In the end we just couldn't take the big money risk.

This commercial shows what we stand for. We support our military. We support the police. We support everyone's right to protest. Protest peacefully.

In this commercial you see the story of one man's journey of service. From watching 9/11 unfold on TV to his time in the military and now serving again as a police officer.

He has served his country and has held the line. He is doing so here. First protecting protesters and protecting their right to assemble, and when things turn violent, he and his fellow police officers do not run, they defend the line.

Not backing down. Not running. Not afraid. We support all those who stand the line wherever it is.

We are Grunt Style and this we'll defend.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I think it's just their way of tuggin' their nutsacks while bragging about how patriotic they are. From the description in their YouTube posting (Same video as Guliani's just with the extra two seconds showing of their company logo):
                            So deep down inside they are what their commercial would make you expect they truly are: *******.

KDR

Comment

So deep down inside they are what their commercial would make you expect they truly are: *******.
                              That's the impression I have after just looking them up quick. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                Happy 9/11 everyone!

Fantasy land.... dude’s name is Cortez

(Seriously though..... w t .f was that? )
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X