Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU Head Coach Bob Motzko leaving to take Minnesota job

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    I’ll be even more sick if a certain Husky alum leaves the WCHA for the NCHC...
    It would be tough to beat that as a back-up plan, but I don't know how realistic that is. I know Hastings is an SCSU alum, but not sure how much of a connection he still has.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

I say little chance of Hastings taking SCSU job as SCSU is not well financially having lost thousands of students past few years and cut a lot of programs so not like they have the $ for buyout.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
        It would be tough to beat that as a back-up plan, but I don't know how realistic that is. I know Hastings is an SCSU alum, but not sure how much of a connection he still has.
        There are a number of things working in Mankato’s favor of him staying..

But, if the Mavs aren’t going to be headed to the NCHC in the next couple years, which Hastings and MSU have made clear is their intention, chances could be greater..

(FWIW, I’ve been told MSU expects to be in the NCHC in the next 2-4 years)
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Mav59 View Post
          I say little chance of Hastings taking SCSU job as SCSU is not well financially having lost thousands of students past few years and cut a lot of programs so not like they have the $ for buyout.
          Motzko didn't have a buyout?
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I think this is a temp fix to bridge gap for recruiting and the real story is who in on staff as that will tell you the longer term plans at U.

Comment

Minnesota makes it official. Bob Motzko is the Head Coach of the state’s most hated team.
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Mav59 View Post
                I think this is a temp fix to bridge gap for recruiting and the real story is who in on staff as that will tell you the longer term plans at U.
                Then you are an idiot. You think Motzko leaves his alma mater for a 3-4 year stint at the U of M? Absurd.
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Then you are an idiot. You think Motzko leaves his alma mater for a 3-4 year stint at the U of M? Absurd.
                  Depends on how long he wants to coach. Don is 59 and had been thinking of being done for a while. Bob is 57.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Depends on how long he wants to coach. Don is 59 and had been thinking of being done for a while. Bob is 57.
                    Don was also the Gophers coach for 19 years. I would expect Bob to be excited at the new challenge and want to do it for at least a decade.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      Don was also the Gophers coach for 19 years. I would expect Bob to be excited at the new challenge and want to do it for at least a decade.
                      Depends on how fast he climbs the mountain. And which mountain he wants to climb.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                        I’ll be even more sick if a certain Husky alum leaves the WCHA for the NCHC...
                        Watch and learn a few a things as not like Matzko been raking in the big salary all his life so here's a way to double salary last 3-5 years of career and hand off to successor with perhaps a severance package funding retirement as did you notice what Don gets on way out the door? didn't Matzko leave SCSU once before?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Don was forced out. I don't take everything he said at the press conference as gospel.

Comment

Been in the works for years. RIP SCSU hockey. Even with him they could barely muster a .500 NCAA record
                            Last edited by UMD21; 03-27-2018, 01:40 PM.
                            I wanna go fast!

Comment

Well, this is interesting news.

Front-runners to replace Motzko?

Dick Umile is available if they want to continue the tradition of postseason chokes.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Don was forced out. I don't take everything he said at the press conference as gospel.
                                Whatever axe you want to grind. I think Lucia has thought about being done for a while and could never feel like he was leaving the program in a state he was happy about. I think it was tearing at him.

Comment

Working...
                                X