Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    The price just went up......
    I thought the Dimond Mall ice has multiple public viewing areas?
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
      I thought the Dimond Mall ice has multiple public viewing areas?
      They scrapped the Dimond Mall plans to avoid the nearly certain downpour of trash from the locals compete with their on-ice product. Entertainment value would be nearly equivalent though.
      Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
        They scrapped the Dimond Mall plans to avoid the nearly certain downpour of trash from the locals compete with their on-ice product. Entertainment value would be nearly equivalent though.
        We can take in a movie afterwards.
        If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
          We can take in a movie afterwards.
          I hear Decade of Dominance is quite the documentary.

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Welcome to Governor's Cup week. Let's see what both teams are made of this season.

Comment

Welcome to Governor's Cup week. Let's see what both teams are made of this season.
              as yous honor an ignorant d***head...

but maybe it should to to the loosing team? that could work...

regardless... here is hoping, really hoping [no BS here], all this gets figured out for the best.

GO TECH GOLD! ...and UA*! yes, all three of you...

Comment

• Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
                as yous honor an ignorant d***head...

but maybe it should to to the loosing team? that could work...

regardless... here is hoping, really hoping [no BS here], all this gets figured out for the best.

GO TECH GOLD! ...and UA*! yes, all three of you...
                Was alcohol involved in this post? 😂

Someone care to translate?

Comment

I’m used to translating Alaska Hockey…so if I may.

1. as yous honor an ignorant d***head...
                  …although both teams may strive to exhibit the high competitive spirit, stellar sportsmanship and good character that embodies NCAA athletics, you can not deny that the hard fought for Governor’s Cup so mention is currently named in honor of a real dou*hebag.

2. but maybe it should to to the loosing team? that could work...
                  …Alaska-Anchorage should automatically get it…in perpetuity.

3. regardless... here is hoping, really hoping [no BS here], all this gets figured out for the best.
                  …I’m pretty much clueless, but I’m trying to backtrack and not sound like a dou*hebag myself.

4. GO TECH GOLD! ...and UA*! yes, all three of you...
                  …I’m a frustrated Tech Fan and think that UAF, UAA, UAH need to “GO” find yourselves another conference because the Magnificent 7 are just too darn good for you guys and we are tired of the horrific travel burden playing you places on us and the wrinkles such long travel puts in our pastel polo shirts, and how even if we were to beat you your pairwise wouldn’t help us, and…did I mention the horrendous travel, anyway, you guys just suck and our new conference will only have top and middle tier teams so nobody will be at the bottom of our new conference. So there…

Comment

Tech......Nook....... Hard to tell apart..all slur the same.
                    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                      Tech......Nook....... Hard to tell apart..all slur the same.
                      Yooper and Alaskan, the words are the same, the accent is just a little different. One drinks because it never stops snowing. The other drinks because it is cold.

Comment

is that a trick question? ...or is my user name not obvious enough?

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                          I’m used to translating Alaska Hockey…so if I may.

1. as yous honor an ignorant d***head...
                          …although both teams may strive to exhibit the high competitive spirit, stellar sportsmanship and good character that embodies NCAA athletics, you can not deny that the hard fought for Governor’s Cup so mention is currently named in honor of a real dou*hebag.

2. but maybe it should to to the loosing team? that could work...
                          …Alaska-Anchorage should automatically get it…in perpetuity.

3. regardless... here is hoping, really hoping [no BS here], all this gets figured out for the best.
                          …I’m pretty much clueless, but I’m trying to backtrack and not sound like a dou*hebag myself.

4. GO TECH GOLD! ...and UA*! yes, all three of you...
                          …I’m a frustrated Tech Fan and think that UAF, UAA, UAH need to “GO” find yourselves another conference because the Magnificent 7 are just too darn good for you guys and we are tired of the horrific travel burden playing you places on us and the wrinkles such long travel puts in our pastel polo shirts, and how even if we were to beat you your pairwise wouldn’t help us, and…did I mention the horrendous travel, anyway, you guys just suck and our new conference will only have top and middle tier teams so nobody will be at the bottom of our new conference. So there…
                          1. check!

2. check!

3. i usually use the 'backspace' to backtrack... while its available in the 906, its possible it has not made its way up to the 907. or maybe its a line-item on the AK budget cuts. anyway, still hoping all this gets figured out for the best. including a viable option for an alaskan backspace key.

4. looks like you drink as much as i do. we should get together.

Comment

Lates news from UAA for Tickets for Gov Cup

We're sorry, currently, there are no tickets available for the game that you are interested in. Periodically check back the week of the game to find out about possible last-minute tickets.

Thank you for your support up north

See no nook fans, hear no nook fans. smell no nook fans...... what more could you ask for.......
                            Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 10-21-2019, 03:59 PM.
                            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                              Lates news from UAA for Tickets for Gov Cup

We're sorry, currently, there are no tickets available for the game that you are interested in. Periodically check back the week of the game to find out about possible last-minute tickets.

Thank you for your support up north

See no nook fans, hear no nook fans. smell no nook fans...... what more could you ask for.......
                              There will be at least 50 Nook fans due to the comps each away team are given so I hope whoever those 50 are, are nice and loud!

I’m still looking for tickets if anyone happens to be out of town this weekend!

Comment

Just watched the hype video for the Seawolves homecoming weekend vs the Alaska Nanooks, which includes a lengthy segment on where and how to park on campus for the hockey games. How difficult could it be? The place only holds 750…the entire fan base could fit into one big clown car.

Comment

Working...
                                X