Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Guns For Everyone!: Another Mass Shooting!

Here's the (alleged) full text.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      Not wrong. Antifa is not far left. They are taking it to the extreme. Antifa is the uncivilized portion of the far left, and the far left are saying: Whoa, guys, let's take a step back here.
      There is a violent wing of Antifa who are the things you are talking about. You are falling for the deliberate right wing nut smear campaign that is desperate to paint all anti-fascists as that.

You're doing the equivalent of calling all Pro Lifers terrorists because some loons sent bombs to abortion doctors.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        There is a violent wing of Antifa who are the things you are talking about. You are falling for the deliberate right wing nut smear campaign that is desperate to paint all anti-fascists as that.

You're doing the equivalent of calling all Pro Lifers terrorists because some loons sent bombs to abortion doctors.
        Antifa is specifically violent. They are separate from the far left. There IS a distinction.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Antifa is specifically violent. They are separate from the far left. There IS a distinction.
          How many people have they killed?

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
            How many people have they killed?
            Using the extreme, I see. The threat of violence is violent itself.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

No. Antifa is specifically direct action. Direct action can be violent or non-violent. For that matter, violence is a spectrum: vandalism and sabotage are "violence." Gandhi and King were direct action. Harming people is not inherently anti-fascist -- quite the contrary, inf act, which is why someone can be Antifa and also not support violence unless it is in self-defense.

Here's the thing, Rube. I am the far left. I support Antifa up to using violence in self-defense against fascist violence. And I know a sh-tload more about this than a guy whose experience consists of listening to people argle bargle on political radio or local news reporters running stories like "is your dog's collar a threat to national security?!"

There are two essentially characteristics of Antifa:

1. Opposition to fascists.
              2. The willingness to get off your as-s and do something rather than just complain and hope somebody else does.

C'est tout. So please educate yourself and stop sounding like Reefer Madness.
              Last edited by Kepler; 08-03-2019, 09:35 PM.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

No. Antifa is specifically direct action. Direct action can be violent or non-violent. For that matter, violence is a spectrum: vandalism and sabotage are "violence."

Here's the thing, Rube. I am the far left. I support Antifa up to using violence in self-defense against fascist violence. And I know a sh-tload more about this than a guy whose experience consists of listening to people argle bargle on political radio or local news reporters running stories like "is your dog's collar a threat to national security?!"
                Key words. Very key words.

Comment

Key words. Very key words.
                  Educate yourself.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Educate yourself.
                    I'd say the same about you. When it comes to self-defense, anything goes, IMO. However, starting an incident is a different matter. There were reports of Antifa cutting media cords so as not to cover the right wingers' rallies, and well, that's kinda illegal. And to say "We'll do whatever it takes, no matter what" to stop the ultra right...that makes them just as bad as the ultra right. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      . and is apparently a fan of The Lorax.

Yeah, I'm quite comfortable with saying this guy is a Nazi and a barking moonbat.
                      Oh, come on. The Lorax doesn't mean he's a moonbat. The rest of it does.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I'd say the same about you. When it comes to self-defense, anything goes, IMO. However, starting an incident is a different matter. There were reports of Antifa cutting media cords so as not to cover the right wingers' rallies, and well, that's kinda illegal. And to say "We'll do whatever it takes, no matter what" to stop the ultra right...that makes them just as bad as the ultra right. Two wrongs do not make a right.
                        Which is why it's possible to support the movement without supporting everything every single person calling themselves Antifa does

There's no central bat phone where everyone is coordinating everything. They're basically the French underground. Membership is, "hey, I'm gonna call myself Antifa, now!" There's no secret handshake. There are a thousand different cells and some of them are sociopaths and some of them are lame cafe philosophers (like me) and most of them are the lump in the middle of all standard distributions, and they wouldn't harm somebody until some Charlottesville f-ckwit runs somebody down with their car and then that's a different matter.

Antifa : fascists :: Occupy : Plutes
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          The Lorax was f-cking awesome.
                          Cornell University

Comment

*deep breath*

*another deep breath*

Using the extreme, I see. The threat of violence is violent itself.
                            *another deep breath*

Look, AntiFa is NOT an organized "leftist group." Antifa isn't an "organized group of counter-violent activists." Antifa is literally ANTI-FASCIST. Meaning anyone left of the Nazi-Right can be labeled as Antifa. Let's take a look at the recent Antifa bill that senators Bill Cassidy (R-LA) and Ted Cruz (R-TX) have just proposed.

There is not an organized antifa group, but those who "resist" fascism can be labeled antifa and thus criminalized under this bill. People like Kepler, Scooby, myself even, could be caught up in the blanket "resistance = antifa" label.

*edit* For the record, the reporter referenced multiple times in that bill, Andy Ngo? He's an ultra-conservative "journalist" who likes to embed himself into far left groups knowing he's provoking them.
                            Last edited by aparch; 08-03-2019, 10:01 PM.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

*deep breath*

*another deep breath*

*another deep breath*

Look, AntiFa is NOT an organized "leftist group." Antifa isn't an "organized group of counter-violent activists." Antifa is literally ANTI-FASCIST. Meaning anyone left of the Nazi-Right can be labeled as Antifa. Let's take a look at the recent Antifa bill that senators Bill Cassidy (R-LA) and Ted Cruz (R-TX) have just proposed.

There is not an organized antifa group, but those who "resist" fascism can be labeled antifa and thus criminalized under this bill. People like Kepler, Scooby, myself even, could be caught up in the blanket "resistance = antifa" label.
                              And I recognize the false labeling. Scooby, you, Kep, are NOT anti-fa. Not in the least. You may be far left, but you are definitely NOT part of that group.

Comment

True, I just thought it was funny. This guy is probably a classic survivalist/live off the land, sovereign citizen, Northern Idaho type of far-righty. He's Randy Weaver without the crazy religious nutball of a wife.

Comment

Working...
                                X