Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How were they aable to serve beer in St. Paul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How were they aable to serve beer in St. Paul?

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    Because beer is the only thing that makes being in Minnesota tolerable.
    Yes, because your area with all the trees and two lane roads and no population, jobs, or entertainment are quite enticing. Holy wah.

(BTW, you should be friendly to Minnesotans, we pump up your economy every year).
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Yes, because your area with all the trees and two lane roads and no population, jobs, or entertainment are quite enticing. Holy wah.

(BTW, you should be friendly to Minnesotans, we pump up your economy every year).
      By willing to spend their hard-earned money and vacation time coming up to be entertained amongst our peaceful trees and two lane roads while providing good jobs to our non-overpopulated area.

You're right, thank you yellow rodent fans.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
        Nope. Not Ohio State. So, with previous guesses UMD and Notre Dame being incorrect, think about which team is left....
        That would be a Walmart fan then....
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Unfortunately even beer doesn't help Washtenaw County [emoji23]

Your agoraphobic view is noted....
          Originally posted by alfablue
          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

By willing to spend their hard-earned money and vacation time coming up to be entertained amongst our peaceful trees and two lane roads while providing good jobs to our non-overpopulated area.

You're right, thank you yellow rodent fans.

We've had local businesses tell us outright that they upped their staff when they saw the Gophers on the MTU schedule. We have an entire inn booked in Eagle River for eternity (not kidding) for a weekend in July (and we spend the first 2 days of that vacation in Houghton)*. I had a gift shop owner tell me last year, that a buddy and me just doubled her weekend income from our purchases.

*That inn? Gopher group weekend is easily top five, most often top 2, for weekend income for the year. July 4 being number one, and we won't come close to that, understandably.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

We've had local businesses tell us outright that they upped their staff when they saw the Gophers on the MTU schedule. We have an entire inn booked in Eagle River for eternity (not kidding) for a weekend in July (and we spend the first 2 days of that vacation in Houghton)*. I had a gift shop owner tell me last year, that a buddy and me just doubled her weekend income from our purchases.

*That inn? Gopher group weekend is easily top five, most often top 2, for weekend income for the year. July 4 being number one, and we won't come close to that, understandably.
              Nowhere beats the Keweenaw in July. Thanks for making the trip.

Too bad we can't get you back for two against the gophers at the Mac in the winter. Bring your skis and snowshoes and make a week of it.

Comment

Nowhere beats the Keweenaw in July. Thanks for making the trip.

Too bad we can't get you back for two against the gophers at the Mac in the winter. Bring your skis and snowshoes and make a week of it.

Gophers are the reason the general public can't rent the 2 big suites at the arena. Per the prez "We don't want opposition's fanbase to have that sort of presence." Truth. And tMel (I know he is now hated there) wanted to bring MN back. I asked him personally during a tUMD/MTU series where our fanbase was up there cheering on MTU.

Comment

Like most I was surprised when I walked into the XCel Center and found out that beer was being sold. Finally nice to see the NCAA treating their customers as adults. My take on this change is based on the evolving relationship between the NCAA and the host arenas. Up to now the NCAA has basically told the people who run these arenas that, if you want to have us come, you have to wipe the place of all advertising and any indications of professionalism. And we need your place for almost a week. I think that the arenas finally drew the line and said, you want us to accommodate you, while we lose out on revenue from pro events or concerts, we need something in return. Alcohol sales was the solution. Not for a minute do I think this would have come to pass except that the NCAA is no longer negotiating from a position of strength. Their overall aura has lost luster and, beyond that, there is no longer a guarantee that the FF will sell out. The one in St. Paul didn’t. It’s a new dawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                    Their overall aura has lost luster and, beyond that, there is no longer a guarantee that the FF will sell out. The one in St. Paul didn’t. It’s a new dawn.
                    It came close to a sellout. 18,026 for the two semi's and 18,303 for the final. Pretty good considering the closest team there was located 150 miles away, and the other three considerably further.
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Like most I was surprised when I walked into the XCel Center and found out that beer was being sold. Finally nice to see the NCAA treating their customers as adults. My take on this change is based on the evolving relationship between the NCAA and the host arenas. Up to now the NCAA has basically told the people who run these arenas that, if you want to have us come, you have to wipe the place of all advertising and any indications of professionalism. And we need your place for almost a week. I think that the arenas finally drew the line and said, you want us to accommodate you, while we lose out on revenue from pro events or concerts, we need something in return. Alcohol sales was the solution. Not for a minute do I think this would have come to pass except that the NCAA is no longer negotiating from a position of strength. Their overall aura has lost luster and, beyond that, there is no longer a guarantee that the FF will sell out. The one in St. Paul didn’t. It’s a new dawn.
                      Completely agree. The move to NHL-sized rinks was definitely a mixed blessing for the NCAA. They can no longer bully the venue. The artificial ticket shortage was exposed in Columbus and given its death knell at Ford Field.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        It came close to a sellout. 18,026 for the two semi's and 18,303 for the final. Pretty good considering the closest team there was located 150 miles away, and the other three considerably further.
                        With SRO, the Wild pack in close to 22,000. So not close.

Comment

With SRO, the Wild pack in close to 22,000. So not close.
                          Official attendance is usually announced at around 19,200 and change. We'll see what they announce for tonight's game, which the Wild just won 6-2. I'll be there tomorrow night, hoping they can tie and extend the series to at least six games...the Jets are for real!

Comment

Official attendance is usually announced at around 19,200 and change. We'll see what they announce for tonight's game, which the Wild just won 6-2. I'll be there tomorrow night, hoping they can tie and extend the series to at least six games...the Jets are for real!
                            http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/upload/MS...rds%202015.pdf
                            On Friday evening, the 21,609 is a new record for the largest crowd to ever attend an indoor
                            hockey game in the state of Minnesota

Just putting it out there.

Comment

Official attendance is usually announced at around 19,200 and change. We'll see what they announce for tonight's game, which the Wild just won 6-2.
                              Tonight's attendance was listed as 19,175.

Comment

http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/upload/MS...rds%202015.pdf
                                On Friday evening, the 21,609 is a new record for the largest crowd to ever attend an indoor
                                hockey game in the state of Minnesota

Just putting it out there.
                                Bear in mind that on Friday night at the Boy's State Tournament they sell tickets for some seats twice, mostly as the result of students leaving after their teams' games are over and new ones for the second game arrive.

Comment

Working...
                                X