• Show
Clear All

Re: Nat'l Semis: UW-Stevens Point vs. Salve Regina

After 2
    UWSP 0
    Salve Regina 2
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Congrats to SR...wow that netmider stood on his head....Start the debate did the better team win/sog's........at least SR has a Oswego transfer

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
        Congrats to SR...wow that netmider stood on his head....Start the debate did the better team win/sog's........at least SR has a Oswego transfer
        Last I knew goals scored determined the better team, not shots on goal. Go CCC!

Comment

Originally posted by CCC Fan View Post
          Stevens Point is a very good team and certainly had more offensive chances, but Salve had the better goaltender tonight and played very disciplined hockey throughout the game and stick to the game plan of not being overly aggressive. In addition to the saves they probably had 20 blocked shots too.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
            A lot of those shots were from far out with no traffic and no second chances. It was a good team effort on defense.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              A lot of those shots were from far out with no traffic and no second chances. It was a good team effort on defense.
              yes, the netminder had very good rebound control.

Comment

Originally posted by landing1010 View Post
                I know the program well, Salve only gives Academic based grant money and financial Aide based on need like most schools. Not sure if you have ever been to Newport, but the campus is one of the most beautiful in the country, situated right on the Atlantic Ocean. The talent level across D3 hockey has increased everywhere, and the decision the spend 4 years on the ocean instead if the mountains of VT is an easy one for some. Additionally a few years ago, Salve finally made the Head Hockey Coach a full time salaried position. Up until then it was a 12k per year position. This had the biggest impact.
                Just playing devil’s advocate...The university sets the amounts for the “academic merit” money and awards it. They could, hypothetically, be “buying” a championship. I am NOT accusing Salve of anything; just saying your rebuttal to that post doesn’t hold water.

Comment

Originally posted by CCC Fan View Post
                  "Better" is entirely subjective to the eye of the beholder (sort of like prettier), "winner" is entirely objective. I don't think I've (subjectively) seen a team move the puck as well as UWSP did last night since the P'burgh or M'bury powerhouses from last century. Obviously "beautiful" hockey does not always result in wins.

Comment

Working...
                  X