Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA Pick 'Em 2018-2019

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Can't help with the Catamount or Desert Classic, but I can tell you that both the consolation and championship game at the GLI will be settled by shootout if need be. They scheduled the second day as part of a tripleheader with the Red Wings that night, so the championship game can't go with unlimited overtime as has been the custom. The consolation game went to the shootout option a couple years ago, so there will be no tie.
    JJM, what about the semi-finals?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Can't help with the Catamount or Desert Classic, but I can tell you that both the consolation and championship game at the GLI will be settled by shootout if need be. They scheduled the second day as part of a tripleheader with the Red Wings that night, so the championship game can't go with unlimited overtime as has been the custom. The consolation game went to the shootout option a couple years ago, so there will be no tie.
      Thanks for the help, GLI will follow standard "post-OT" scoring (2 pts for a SO win, 1 pt for a SO loss).

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
        JJM, what about the semi-finals?

Need to check the manual to confirm, but I believe they will use the shootout in the semis as well.

Comment

The chart below shows how many times a team has been picked to win through the first half of the season.

Frequency of each team picked to win

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
            Thanks for the help, GLI will follow standard "post-OT" scoring (2 pts for a SO win, 1 pt for a SO loss).
            What impact would those points have? It's a tournament. Either you advance/win or you don't. If there's still a tie after one OT then NCAA recognizes it as a tie no matter what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Go___Tech_Gold View Post
              What impact would those points have? It's a tournament. Either you advance/win or you don't. If there's still a tie after one OT then NCAA recognizes it as a tie no matter what happens.
              Let me put it to you this way...at this time of year I pray every game has a winner before 65 min are up.

Comment

Let me put it to you this way...at this time of year I pray every game has a winner before 65 min are up.
                Oh, right. Still it's not about points it's about it going to a shootout if necessary. Win with 3 points, win with 2 points, same result.

Comment

Just got through reading the manual for the GLI. The consolation game has been changed due to time constraints, and can now end in a tie. All three other games will end in a shootout if necessary.

Comment

Just got through reading the manual for the GLI. The consolation game has been changed due to time constraints, and can now end in a tie. All three other games will end in a shootout if necessary.
                    Thanks for the update JJM. If anyone wants to play for the tie go ahead and submit a second entry. I always take the latest submission as your final answer.

Comment

Why can't I ever find a link to make picks? You all must be afraid of my prognostication skills!

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                        Why can't I ever find a link to make picks? You all must be afraid of my prognostication skills!

Repost of the links. I have not been able to figure out how to get them to work with Tapatalk so you may have to use Chrome or Safari. Or IE.

Week 12 picks
                        View response summaries
                        View response details

Comment

Repost of the links. I have not been able to figure out how to get them to work with Tapatalk so you may have to use Chrome or Safari. Or IE.

Week 12 picks
                          View response summaries
                          View response details
                          Gotcha. Thanks.

Comment

Week 13 is up even though it's still holiday tournament time. League games start up on Thursday of this week so I want to give everyone as much time as possible to submit picks. Week 12 results will be posted at the conclusion of the GLI.

Week 13 picks
                            View response summaries
                            View response details

Comment

The week 12 holiday tournament co-winners were Critical Thinker and Icd80 who posted scores of 27 points each. At the top of the standings it is rapidly becoming a two-person race for the McNaughton Cup between Bronco Hockey Fan and SweeneyHawksHockey and a three-person race for the Mason Cup between those two and GIWAN. I also want to point out how mikeeddy19 has steadily worked into a playoff position after spotting the field nearly 30 games.

Reminder that the first Bemidji at BG tee time is 7:37 this Thursday so get those picks in.

Week 13 picks
                              View response summaries
                              View response details

WCHA Pick Em Standings

Comment

Bump. With the race on to get picks submitted before Thursday's resumption of the WCHA season, this seems as good a time as any to share a heat map showing what days our players prefer to submit their picks. The darker the green, the more times picks were submitted on that day.

Week 13 picks
                                View response summaries
                                View response details

WCHA Pick Em day-of-week heat map

Comment

Working...
                                X