• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    Simple solution:
    Season #1 Michigan plays at Tech
    Season #2 Tech plays at Michigan
    Season #3 Michigan plays at Tech (if they never schedule the second set of games at Tech then the agreement ends with a 1 for 1 completed)
    Season #4 Tech plays at Michigan (if necessary, Scout's honor)

No reason Tech has to travel first. Easy way to see if Merf's word is any good.
    Ryan
    Pretty sure thats what is going to happen (MTU hosting Michigan first) because I don't think they have room on their schedule to go to Michigan next year and Michigan is coming to Houghton to kick off the 100th season for MTU in Fall 2020...at least that is what I've heard.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Easy way to see if Merf's word is any good.
      Ryan
      "I intend for Michigan Tech to be my last coaching job" "I want to retire from Michigan Tech" "I love it up here"
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
        "I intend for Michigan Tech to be my last coaching job" "I want to retire from Michigan Tech" "I love it up here"
        Maybe he thinks he will come back and be Joe's AC.[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've tried looking maybe someone can help. Does the Pep Band have a twitter account? I saw a kind of challenge put out there and wanted to see if they would reply to it.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
            I've tried looking maybe someone can help. Does the Pep Band have a twitter account? I saw a kind of challenge put out there and wanted to see if they would reply to it.
            @DaWGs

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
              Spoken by a Michigan Tech alum no less, which makes it even worse.
              Ryan
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I'm honestly happier with Joe than with Marv. Joe shows emotion and has a good track record. I think he should be paid more than we paid Marv.

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
                  I'm honestly happier with Joe than with Marv. Joe shows emotion and has a good track record. I think he should be paid more than we paid Marv.
                  Agreed. Joe is a better coach, and a great fit for Tech.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'll third that.

I like this coach. I like this team.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                      I'll third that.

I like this coach. I like this team.

I will say I think the overall staff is a lot better than it was.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Spoken by a Michigan Tech alum no less, which makes it even worse.
                        Ryan
                        Is it really that bad that he wanted a change? For all he knew Berenson would have went another 10 or 20 years. Or UM would have offered the job to someone else once Red was out.

Comment

Originally posted by Go___Tech_Gold View Post
                          Is it really that bad that he wanted a change?
                          Was it really that bad at Tech that he needed to change?

For all he knew Berenson would have went another 10 or 20 years.
                          Red was 76 when he retired ... so he was going to coach until he was 86 or 96 years old?

Or UM would have offered the job to someone else once Red was out.
                          I don't think that they did; do you??

Comment

Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
                            Was it really that bad at Tech that he needed to change?

Red was 76 when he retired ... so he was going to coach until he was 86 or 96 years old?

I don't think that they did; do you??
                            I don't get the impression that poster is worth responding to.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

As Fade mentions on occasion about the whole WCHA breakup thingy...., I have totally got over Mel leaving and can look past it to the benefits he provided MTU.
                              It was most likely the plan all along for his return upon Red's retirement. The entire Tech hockey faithful owe him a debt of gratitude for bringing our beloved program from the depths.
                              I am now convinced that his selection of Coach Joe to be brought in was a future looking move for someone from the U.P. that could keep the program at a national level.
                              Others smirk who is this Coach Shawhan, well we know him now, and Mel is to thank for that as well for bringing to Tech a great hockey mind and a coach motivated to develop players at a great U.P. hockey school.

Those that want to remain upset that an alum left Tech, think about his original career decision to take the job. If he bombs and Tech remains 10 - 24 - 4 each year, he gets the label of "great assistant coach", but not head coach material. He came back to his alma mater putting his career path in jeopardy, with the confidence that he knew as a player that it is a great hockey school that needed resuscitation.
                              So let's appreciate what he did for Tech. Tech hockey has not been better in decades and the goal now is to keep it there.

If I ever get the chance to meet Mel again, I would thank him. As he always said, and with that said, Tech is going to put up an awesome game against Michigan, they won't know what hit em....
                              Last edited by Huskiefan906; 12-21-2018, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                                As Fade mentions on occasion about the whole WCHA breakup thingy...., I have totally got over Mel leaving and can look past it to the benefits he provided MTU.
                                It was most likely the plan all along for his return upon Red's retirement. The entire Tech hockey faithful owe him a debt of gratitude for bringing our beloved program from the depths.
                                I am now convinced that his selection of Coach Joe to be brought in was a future looking move for someone from the U.P. that could keep the program at a national level.
                                Others smirk who is this Coach Shawhan, well we know him now, and Mel is to thank for that as well for bringing to Tech a great hockey mind and a coach motivated to develop players at a great U.P. hockey school.

Those that want to remain upset that an alum left Tech, think about his original career decision to take the job. If he bombs and Tech remains 10 - 24 - 4 each year, he gets the label of "great assistant coach", but not head coach material. He came back to his alma mater putting his career path in jeopardy, with the confidence that he knew as a player that it is a great hockey school that needed resuscitation.
                                So let's appreciate what he did for Tech. Tech hockey has not been better in decades and the goal now is to keep it there.

If I ever get the chance to meet Mel again, I would thank him. As he always said, and with that said, Tech is going to put up an awesome game against Michigan, they won't know what hit em....
                                I agree 100% and I want to add.... Most people don't know just how hard Mel worked to get the program turned around. He put in a huge amount of time and we owe him for that as well. It was a big job and he did it well.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X