Does anyone miss CCHA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    As much as some posters whine about Alaska travel on this board, most of the people who actually make the trip really enjoy it. There’s nothing else quite like Alaska in the college hockey world.
    Mookie took Tyler up for a tourney BU played. Lost both games and missed our first flight, but was a treat with all the connections. Neat place. Went to a course to try and play bit they closed (and there was No snow to be seen

Fun time.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Re: Does anyone miss CCHA?

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      I don't know that DU and UND felt "slighted" over the departure of Minnesota and Wisconsin as much as they felt concerned about the potential revenue losses associated with their departure. Minnesota and Wisconsin were big draws for most schools whenever they came to town. The commissioner tried to tell everyone that the conference would still have the same financial success, but DU and UND did not buy it, correctly so in my opinion.
      IMO, yes and no. Revenue was the driving reason. But I think there was also a feeling of, "they get their own conference, we want one, too!" Sort of a Little Brother Syndrome, since UND's and DU's hockey teams are basically the face for the 4 Big Sports in America.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        I still think WCHA 3.0 & CCHA 2.0 are possible with Wisconsin being the DMZ and Alaska being shared.
        Does Alaska want to split up again, or do most of the people there prefer being in the same conference?

Comment

Will both Alaska teams even be around in five years?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
            Yes
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
              🙄
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

As much as some posters whine about Alaska travel on this board, most of the people who actually make the trip really enjoy it. There’s nothing else quite like Alaska in the college hockey world.
                agree!
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

It's on my bucket list to watch Tech play in both Anchorage and Fairbanks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

NCHC is pretty much old WCHA. 6 of 8 teams are former WCHA.
                    nWCHA is majority old CCHA. 6 of 10 teams are former CCHA.

Comment

Alaska was one of the best road trips I’ve ever been on. We are hoping to return in the next year or two here.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                        I don't think there are any people on the boards from a non-NCHC or B1G school that wouldn't want to go back to the CCHA/WCHA setup for their school....
                        MTU is better off in the nWCHA than the old WCHA. Not being in the same conference as the other UP schools was a joke. Good riddance to the Colorado schools and North Dakota. MTU now plays comparatively sized, closer schools and has a regular, yearly plus .500 record. They got crushed by far away schools in the old days.

MTU should have stayed in the CCHA. Moot point now, thank God.
                        Last edited by Go___Tech_Gold; 12-19-2018, 04:22 PM.

Comment

🙄
                          You can roll your eyes, but there have been rumors of one folding for a couple years now. They are not in good shape like they were seven years ago.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            You can roll your eyes, but there have been rumors of one folding for a couple years now. They are not in good shape like they were seven years ago.
                            Looks like they got past it.

Comment

Originally posted by Go___Tech_Gold View Post
                              MTU is better off in the nWCHA than the old WCHA. Not being in the same conference as the other UP schools was a joke. Good riddance to the Colorado schools and North Dakota. MTU now plays comparatively sized, closer schools and has a regular, yearly plus .500 record. They got crushed by far away schools in the old days.

MTU should have stayed in the CCHA. Moot point now, thank God.
                              MTU is better off because they have a better team. The JR era teams would suck in the nWCHA too.

I agree it is nice to be in the same league as the Marquette Teachers College and Tech Jr. for the UP rivalries, but I prefered the later start times when they played the western teams.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                                MTU is better off because they have a better team. The JR era teams would suck in the nWCHA too.

I agree it is nice to be in the same league as the Marquette Teachers College and Tech Jr. for the UP rivalries, but I prefered the later start times when they played the western teams.

I was thinking more TW. All the students want is to see is them win against anybody. They would have gotten more wins in old CCHA than old WCHA. Old WCHA was NCHC. When attendance is down, recruiting gets harder, that's the downward spiral.

Both AK schools in one conference works better. Play both schools on the same trip.

Comment

Working...
                                X