X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.31: "The Caravan is Coming.""The Caravan is Coming."

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    So an investigation into Russian election meddling is now into the unsavory exploits of radio talk show hosts because of raiding an attorney's office files about other clients.

totally separate investigation, as you know. or should know.

didn't see you whining about a real estate fraud investigation morphing into a "whose cum is that on that dress?" investigation.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Kimba Wood is the judge in the Cohen case?!?! Classic.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

As it turns out, Cohen's other client is Hannity.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          As it turns out, Cohen's other client is Hannity.
          I'm sorry, but if Hannity used this guy to pay off some chicks he had an affair with can somebody be on the lookout for my @ ss, because I'm 100% certain that I'm about to laugh it off.
          Last edited by Rover; 04-16-2018, 02:58 PM.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            While I'm pretty sure she's drifted to the right, Roseanne is only about Roseanne.
            Roseanne is left but not liberal. She's the type who gets the wind up conservatives and who they are always conflating with liberals either ignorantly or cynically. She comes out of the Green / coercive left that really does want you to sit down and shut up and let them run things for your own good -- the very opposite of the egalitarian, self-deterministic, equal opportunity leftism of liberalism.

Roseanne : Left :: Buchanan : Right

It's less ideas than personal ambition and a strong tendency towards totalitarian thinking.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

didn't see you whining about a real estate fraud investigation morphing into a "whose cum is that on that dress?" investigation.
              Yeah funny how it they all felt different when it’s a D under investigation.

Comment

Just ran into the term "cletus safari," as in "Slow day in Phoenix so we went on a cletus safari and found some counter-protesters at the March for Science."

Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  So investigating a lawyer now allows for naming every single client that lawyer has represented?

"We think Perry Mason defrauded Joe Schmoe and the city on a jay-walking case he respresented on. Let's get all of Mason's client files and find out everything about the rest of Mason's clients. Who knows ... some other names and clients and cases may 'leak' out."

Something about that comes off as very wrong.

Who here's been divorced* and had the settlement sealed? Would you want those documents swept up in what you thought were privileged attorney/client files and released in such a manner?

*Nope.
                  Last edited by The Sicatoka; 04-16-2018, 03:18 PM.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

So investigating a lawyer now allows for naming every single client that lawyer has represented?

"We think Perry Mason defrauded Joe Schmoe and the city on a jay-walking case he respresented on. Let's get all of Mason's client files and find out everything about the rest of Mason's clients. Who knows ... some other names and clients and cases may 'leak' out."

how do you know if there's a lawyer/client privilege if you don't know who the clients are?

nice pivot and deflection, by the way. keep at it. since we know you're not a Trump supporter.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Have I said a < bleep > thing about Trump?

What I have said:

How in the world is Sean Hannity drug into an investigation of Cohen representing an RNC < bleep >?

Hannity's name was swept up in Cohen's files as another client.

Something about that just feels wrong.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        I'm sorry, but if Hannity used this guy to pay off some chicks he had an affair with can somebody be on the lookout for my @ ss, because I'm 100% certain that I'm about to laugh it off.
                        And if Hannity did that, and if nothing criminal happened (<-- important caveat), what business was that civil matter of ours?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Who here's been divorced* and had the settlement sealed? Would you want those documents swept up in what you thought were privileged attorney/client files and released in such a manner?

*Nope.
                          Is a client list the same as attorney-client privilege? I'd imagine that any confidential information won't be leaked, but his client list likely will.

It's interesting, I've signed a doc stating that I can't tell anyone the names of my employer's clients/customers unless there's a signed doc to allow for disclosure. That's rare, and the client being disclosed is usually compensated. That rarely seems to be the case for lawyers and their clients.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            Mentioning that ...

She brought another dress to the dry cleaner the other day.
                            The dry cleaner looks at it and says, ...
                            "No problem. We'll get that right away. Come again."
                            "No. Toothpaste."

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

*Nope.
                              You are talking from somewhere so far up your own a*s I can smell it here in Ohio. Cohen is being subjected to the same rules and regulations as any other attorney would be in his situation. If you had the first understanding of what is actually right about our judicial system, you might understand why. It's just Cohen's tough luck that, 1.) his client is a well known president of the United States, and 2.) both he and his client are not particularly good at what they do. I will go even further to say that the SDNY (and every other entity involved) are actually going to be even more cautious than they would if they were going after you, me or anyone else of relatively modest means.

You think this all comes off as very wrong because it is a republican president caught in the cross hairs. Had Clinton been selected president she would likely be facing impeachment right now by the treasonous republicans running the House, and you would be gleefully pointing out all of the offenses she's committed and if some questions of fair play came up you'd be dismissing them as the political whining of the defeated left.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                Is a client list the same as attorney-client privilege? I'd imagine that any confidential information won't be leaked, but his client list likely will.

It's interesting, I've signed a doc stating that I can't tell anyone the names of my employer's clients/customers unless there's a signed doc to allow for disclosure. That's rare, and the client being disclosed is usually compensated. That rarely seems to be the case for lawyers and their clients.
                                Your first paragraph is for the distinguished members of the bar who grace our lowly presence.

The second paragraph, I've signed the same. I'm held to it for three years after separation.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X