Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:56 Biden Memes to Own the Cons!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:56 Biden Memes to Own the Cons!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I agree. I think we had a false sense of security because once we went to college everybody we met or were likely to meet was intelligent, tolerant, rational, educated. In a word, liberal.

But the C students didn't die, they just melted into the population. And they failed, because they were raised with terrible habits and morals, and the sense of True Entitlement that is only found in "conservatives" who believe everything is their birthright because all the pictures in their 10th grade history books (the farthest they ever got) were white Christians. It is "their" country and the rest of us are just guests they all here.

The truth being, of course, that the Founding Fathers hated them too. These losers have been with humanity since they lay about on the shores of the Tigris while liberals invented the alphabet and trade. They whined and groused while liberals lade the first laws and planned the first cities. The only time they ever shined was when there was a war and they got to pick up a club or throw down a woman. The right has been with us every step of the way.
    I disagree with this part. If one is racist and wants to succeed in life despite those views, you have to be one smart cookie to navigate the minefield to get to the top. You have to know how to hide your bias, manipulate others, avoid the pitfalls, etc.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      I disagree with this part. If one is racist and wants to succeed in life despite those views, you have to be one smart cookie to navigate the minefield to get to the top. You have to know how to hide your bias, manipulate others, avoid the pitfalls, etc.
      Rebuttal.

Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I expected that response, and will respond with "exception to the rule."

For you and me...it's a bit different. The average Joe, as we've seen, will be fired and shunned from many jobs/etc. If you or I showed up at some KKK parade, and pics were made public/went viral, I don't think we'd be employed much longer....
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          Or you join the military or become a cop.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

For you and me...it's a bit different. The average Joe, as we've seen, will be fired and shunned from many jobs/etc. If you or I showed up at some KKK parade, and pics were made public/went viral, I don't think we'd be employed much longer....
            If it is true (and I think it is) that there are a lot of bigoted and racist people out there, then why would you need to be smart to survive if you are one of them? Even stupid people can express their bigotry through passive support. I would say cowardice is more important than intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              If it is true (and I think it is) that there are a lot of bigoted and racist people out there, then why would you need to be smart to survive if you are one of them? Even stupid people can express their bigotry through passive support. I would say cowardice is more important than intelligence.
              Eventually, you will run into a road block of some sort, and you'll have to maneuver. You say cowardice, and that could be interpreted in a different way: holding back your views. Feign that you are not racist, at certain points, and then move on.

Comment

bs
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  bs
                  Quite the thoughtful, laid out, intelligent response.

Ever hear of doxxing, and many times people have been fired from their jobs in the last couple of years because of their views? Now, while I don't agree with their views, in some states (MN included), they are at-will jobs, and can legally be fired. I don't necessarily agree with THAT aspect, but I understand it. "The employee's views do not align with our company's stance on these issues."

Comment

Ever hear of doxxing, and many times people have been fired from their jobs in the last couple of years because of their views? Now, while I don't agree with their views, in some states (MN included), they are at-will jobs, and can legally be fired. I don't necessarily agree with THAT aspect, but I understand it. "The employee's views do not align with our company's stance on these issues."
                    bs
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Trumpism spreading worldwide...Aussie PM went on Facebook to complain about England fans booing Steve Smith at Lords after the battering he took from Jofra on Saturday.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        bs
                        I rest my case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          Trumpism spreading worldwide...Aussie PM went on Facebook to complain about England fans booing Steve Smith at Lords after the battering he took from Jofra on Saturday.
                          Which had to do with SPD Smith being the Captain of the Aussie squad (only second in importance in Oz to that of the PM) when they were caught sand papering the ball.

Smith served a one year ban.

The battle between Archer (bowler) and Smith (batter) was a classic. Smith paid the price with catching a bouncer on the forearm (OUCH!) and then one in the back of the head that caused a concussion. He later returned but was ruled out for the 2nd innings and maybe for the 3rd test, too.

When Smith was retired at 92, he received a standing ovation.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

At-will employment isn't as ironclad of protection as employers like to think. My employer has a process for firing people, and if managers don't follow them, save for gross dereliction of duty or some sort of assault and/or battery, the lawyers tell them that the company has put itself in some actionable position.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Imagine having your manhood be so small

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                At-will employment isn't as ironclad of protection as employers like to think. My employer has a process for firing people, and if managers don't follow them, save for gross dereliction of duty or some sort of assault and/or battery, the lawyers tell them that the company has put itself in some actionable position.
                                True, but, instead of giving a thought out response, Scoobs decided to resort to the simplest of responses, since, well, he relies on a bit, over and over.

Comment

Working...
                                X