X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Rough day. Drove up to Grand Rapids (MN, not MI) for a funeral for a college friend. I loved the hell outta that girl, but it didn't work out with my having to relocate back to the cities for my internship/job. We both moved on, got married, had kids, all while falling out of touch of course. She had a terribly rough go the last few years, miscarriages, divorce, etc. True to her gift of always making everyone else feel great, she never brought forward just how hard of a time she was having. Deep depression and alcoholism got their hooks in too deep before anyone knew the severity, and they took her at 34.

I'm just sick about it. I know it is not my or anyone's fault, but dammit this stings. She ruled. Truly one of those people that never had a bad thing to say about anybody.

I don't know why I'm sharing this here. Just an outlet I guess. I always thought I'd run into her somewhere, she'd meet our kid and I hers. We'd get a chance to chat and laugh like we always did.

It's cliche, but true, folks. Reach out to those you care about. Don't assume you'll bump into each other someday. This effing sucks.

That sucks, man. I don't have the words.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I received $2.5M from Mr. Douglas Herman, United Nation Head Quarter Dept Reconciliation Committee Benin Republic. The total is now $590,315,413.88.
      I received another $5.8M from Ms. Joan Wilson. The total is now $596,115,413.88.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I received another $5.8M from Ms. Joan Wilson. The total is now $596,115,413.88.
        Another repeat. I received $2.5M from Mr. Douglas Herman of the United Nation Head Quarter Dept Reconciliation Committee Benin Republic. The total is now $598,615,413.88.
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-17-2019, 12:51 PM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Anothwr repeat. I received $2.5M from Mr. Douglas Herman of the United Nation Head Quarter Dept Reconciliation Committee Benin Republic. The total is now $598,615,413.88.
          A busy day. I received an unknown amount from Engr. Wayne K. Nkome of the Triumph Oil & Gas Company of Madagascar. Using the average to date, the total is now $607,701,479.64.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            Evening, Lodge. Making the hellrun to Decorah IA tomorrow for a beer release. 3 hours or so each way. Get my bottles, and my pour, and leave. The things I do for good beer (this one is a maple stout).
            Not that bad of a drive. I have to admit, less boring than driving to Houghton (actual drive only). It was a madhouse, as expected, ran into quite a few people I know from the (I hate myself for what I'm about to say) craft beer community. Toppling Goliath is really nice, we're talking almost Surly level for the space/building, although AFAIK they don't serve food there, they still rely on food trucks.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              Rough day. Drove up to Grand Rapids (MN, not MI) for a funeral for a college friend. I loved the hell outta that girl, but it didn't work out with my having to relocate back to the cities for my internship/job. We both moved on, got married, had kids, all while falling out of touch of course. She had a terribly rough go the last few years, miscarriages, divorce, etc. True to her gift of always making everyone else feel great, she never brought forward just how hard of a time she was having. Deep depression and alcoholism got their hooks in too deep before anyone knew the severity, and they took her at 34.

I'm just sick about it. I know it is not my or anyone's fault, but dammit this stings. She ruled. Truly one of those people that never had a bad thing to say about anybody.

I don't know why I'm sharing this here. Just an outlet I guess. I always thought I'd run into her somewhere, she'd meet our kid and I hers. We'd get a chance to chat and laugh like we always did.

It's cliche, but true, folks. Reach out to those you care about. Don't assume you'll bump into each other someday. This effing sucks.
              Sorry It is always tough to lose someone, worse when they are good deep down. There is something about the bonds you make in college that just can't be replicated. I lost my best friend from college to HIV/AIDs. He was gay before gay was OK. He was strong in the adversity of his disease and stayed true to himself to the very end. He probably knew me better than anyone else in my life bar one person. He has been gone for 24 yrs and I still miss him and think of him.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                Sorry It is always tough to lose someone, worse when they are good deep down. There is something about the bonds you make in college that just can't be replicated. I lost my best friend from college to HIV/AIDs. He was gay before gay was OK. He was strong in the adversity of his disease and stayed true to himself to the very end. He probably knew me better than anyone else in my life bar one person. He has been gone for 24 yrs and I still miss him and think of him.
                There's a song that's been out there for a year or two, "Sweettooth" by Brandi Carlisle. I'll be dammed if it doesn't move me to tears every time. I have known people that fit the song, and she sounds like one of them.

Comment

Good morning from 33,000 feet somewhere over the Great Lakes. Flying to Las Vegas with my mom. My brother and family took the 6am flight, we decided to fly at 8am. Each got a wheelchair. First one on the plane!

I’m wearing compression socks on both feet. I’m also wearing the boot. Got on the plane with the crutches. I’ve flown enough to know I wasn’t getting on a plane without the protection of the boot. I told my mom we’d probably be the last ones off the plane and that’s fine.

My younger brother is flying in from LA and will meet us at Baggage claim and will grab our suitcase. Given my lack my limited mobility, this should be an interesting trip. Given that I cannot get around that easy, I brought my laptop and will probably do some work. Hopefully I can grab some pool time!

Comment

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Nasty here in 978 land. It is so humid that the puddles from the rain last night haven't evaporated at all.

Comment

Why isn't there Street View when you want it.? I was biking on Martinsburg Rd today where the back road from the Dickerson Power Plant and the Montgomery County incinerator (Covanta) intersects with it. I go there once a year. I had never noticed that the sign for that road reads "Haulin Ash Rd". Probably not an official name. https://www.google.com/maps/@39.2005.../data=!3m1!1e3
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Waiting for ye olde lightning delaye to clear here at DTW.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

A busy day. I received an unknown amount from Engr. Wayne K. Nkome of the Triumph Oil & Gas Company of Madagascar. Using the average to date, the total is now $607,701,479.64.
                                Yesterday, I received $14.8M from Leo Martins. The total is now $622,501,479.64.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X