Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
    Other UW commit Vote, did not make the u18 camp??? odd as the only 2 from MA are both Harvard commits. IMHO BC commit Katie Pyne should have been at the camp. Really enjoy watching her at Nobles.
    If Vote is that good, maybe she is injured. I sure thought O'Brien was a lock to at least try out, maybe she is injured. Of course there also can be a rodent bias to the camp as well.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Would they invite her if she was too old?

Picard and Wheeler also made the Canadian U18 team. So it's Picard and Wheeler vs Harvey and Webster @ U18 and it's S Shirley vs Curl, Norby and Buchbinder.

Seeing Norby make the team makes me think she should play with Watts and Roque. Perhaps those 2 can unlock Norby and she'll have a monster year.
      The National Festival was used to pick the U18 and U22 teams playing this month, but it also included players too old for these teams that USA Hockey is looking at for future teams: Olympics, World Championships. Roque was not eligible for the U22 team but neither are Knight, Coyne-Schofield, and the other participants at the Festival with a Birth Year prior to 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Eagle View Post
        The National Festival was used to pick the U18 and U22 teams playing this month, but it also included players too old for these teams that USA Hockey is looking at for future teams: Olympics, World Championships. Roque was not eligible for the U22 team but neither are Knight, Coyne-Schofield, and the other participants at the Festival with a Birth Year prior to 1998.
        Thanks for the info. Makes sense.

Comment

Doing a little research...I did not realize that Pankowski was UW's leading scorer all 4 years she played. I though maybe her Fr year someone else might have beat her out, but no.

Comment

Man is it annoyingly hard to find overall player stats from this recent series of U22/U18 games. Some countries still haven't mastered this internet thing.

Comment

Man is it annoyingly hard to find overall player stats from this recent series of U22/U18 games. Some countries still haven't mastered this internet thing.
              Did you find them? If not here ya go....

U18 - https://teamusa.usahockey.com/stats/...s&tool=3822067

u22 - https://teamusa.usahockey.com/stats/...s&tool=3822240
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                I was specifically looking for the Canadian numbers, by bad not being more specific. The US numbers are ladden with rodents scoring. I was hoping to find some more pleasant stats north of the border.

Comment

I was specifically looking for the Canadian numbers, by bad not being more specific. The US numbers are ladden with rodents scoring. I was hoping to find some more pleasant stats north of the border.
                  Look a little closer as those are combined USA and Canada stats...

(Maddie Wheeler with a goal and an assist shows on the U18 list)

(Sophie Shirley with a goal and an assist shows on the U22 list)
                  Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 08-20-2019, 10:32 AM.
                  At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                    Look a little closer as those are combined USA and Canada stats...

(Maddie Wheeler with a goal and an assist shows on the U18 list)

(Sophie Shirley with a goal and an assist shows on the U22 list)
                    I couldn't, I'm trying to work!

Comment

Schedule says UMD all 3 of Dec 6, 7, and 8? That right ? And I suppose women's hockey and women's volleyball might run in parallel on 12/6 ? I'm trying to find a week to come to town to do all things Badger again, that worked really well last year (saw about 5 or 6 things). Not as promising this year but I bet I can find a week. I'll be gone elsewhere parts of November so it's getting tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by ndodge View Post
                        Schedule says UMD all 3 of Dec 6, 7, and 8? That right ? And I suppose women's hockey and women's volleyball might run in parallel on 12/6 ? I'm trying to find a week to come to town to do all things Badger again, that worked really well last year (saw about 5 or 6 things). Not as promising this year but I bet I can find a week. I'll be gone elsewhere parts of November so it's getting tricky.
                        They will end up with 2 of the 3 days obviously. There are no mens or women's bb or men's hockey that weekend, so I'm hoping for a Friday night Saturday night series, that would be awesome. That weekend is the first/second round of ncaa vb, UW would host if all goes according to plan, correct?

Comment

They will end up with 2 of the 3 days obviously. There are no mens or women's bb or men's hockey that weekend, so I'm hoping for a Friday night Saturday night series, that would be awesome. That weekend is the first/second round of ncaa vb, UW would host if all goes according to plan, correct?
                          But there is the Big Ten football championship on Sat night that weekend (and a Sunday noon Packer game). So my guess would be (assuming UW hosts first weekend NCAA tournament) Volleyball Thursday night and Friday night (as has been the case in the past); women hockey could go Fri night and Sat afternoon, or Fri night and Sun afternoon, or Sat afternoon and Sunday afternoon. They have done both women hockey and NCAA volleyball against one another on Friday night in the past, but I wish they wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                            But there is the Big Ten football championship on Sat night that weekend (and a Sunday noon Packer game). So my guess would be (assuming UW hosts first weekend NCAA tournament) Volleyball Thursday night and Friday night (as has been the case in the past); women hockey could go Fri night and Sat afternoon, or Fri night and Sun afternoon, or Sat afternoon and Sunday afternoon. They have done both women hockey and NCAA volleyball against one another on Friday night in the past, but I wish they wouldn't.
                            It would be better not to have VB and WH against eachother especially when VB is the ncaa's, but I really really like the Friday night games. It feel bigtime to me.

Comment

It would be better not to have VB and WH against eachother especially when VB is the ncaa's, but I really really like the Friday night games. It feel bigtime to me.
                              Turns out there is men's BB at the KC, Sat Dec 7th. Indiana. (just announce, yesterday) And there's no way basketball is gonna go up against the Big Ten championship football game.

So Saturday appears to be out as far as hockey vs Duluth. Friday night, up against volleyball, and Sunday afternoon, up against the Packers. (Volleyball will most likely get a Thursday, Friday schedule, assuming they host)

Every year, that weekend is always 'overbooked'.
                              Last edited by robertearle; 08-24-2019, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                                Thanks for posting. Was looking for results.
                                Pass the puck

Comment

Working...
                                X