Colgate 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2017-18

Glad you are healthy...and one of Colgate's biggest fans.

Appreciate the news on WIH recruits; men's recruits have never materialized after a good season, which is sad. With the new arena, Colgate's academic reputation, the stunning campus, and recent success, why would anyone choose, say, Clarkson?! Do not want to get my hopes up, thinking this past year was a OHW - One Hit Wonder. We are losing some amazing talent, but if we restock and reload, maybe the Lady Raiders won't miss a beat. Kudos to Fargo. I was skeptical; a D-III coach trying his hand at his first D-I gig. Hopefully the success of several programs (men's soccer, WIH, men's bb) will impress the new AD, whomever that may be. Any news there?
    C O L G A T E
    2023 ECAC CHAMPION
    1990 NCAA FINALS
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
    ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
    ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• If Michigan wins the Frozen Four and also the NCAA title in basketball will it be the first time that’s ever happened?
      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Hey Iowa, shame you didn’t have better weather you could have hit the Grove on Friday, and Port or Lincoln Saturday. But I think your Saturday was booked.

Comment

Originally posted by capswon View Post
          Hey Iowa, shame you didn’t have better weather you could have hit the Grove on Friday, and Port or Lincoln Saturday. But I think your Saturday was booked.
          Dang! I like your thinking, capswon. You and I are on the same page. This weekend is an off-weekend, so I was actually thinking of Hagerstown (late models). I board Amtrak on Tuesday evening for Saint Paul. Feel free to e-mail me at iowabasedtraveler at yahoo dot com. he he he

Comment

great game last night and congrats to the UMD Bulldogs...also showed how much Colgate has to lift its program to legitimately compete for a national championship...very saddened by the Friday tragedy in Canada...my thoughts and prayers to all involved in this terrible crash...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
              also showed how much Colgate has to lift its program to legitimately compete for a national championship...
              I was at Colgate, Clarkson and Lake Placid for the ECAC tournament and at Allentown and Saint Paul for the NCAA tournament. I think if you divided up the 60 programs into three tiers, Colgate would be in the middle to bottom of the second tier right now (and my other fave, Omaha, would be in the top of that same second tier). Of course, even the extreme bottom of the top tier isn’t guaranteed a spot in the NCAA’s, given conference tourney upsets (as we saw this year). So, you are right (in my opinion)... we aren’t in a bad position closing out the 2017-2018 season, but we have a ways to go to truly compete for the NCAA tournament.

Comment

also showed how much Colgate has to lift its program to legitimately compete for a national championship...
                I was at Colgate, Clarkson and Lake Placid for the ECAC tournament and at Allentown and Saint Paul for the NCAA tournament. I think if you divided up the 60 programs into three tiers, Colgate would be in the middle to bottom of the second tier right now (and my other fave, Omaha, would be in the top of that same second tier). Of course, even the extreme bottom of the top tier isn’t guaranteed a spot in the NCAA’s, given conference tourney upsets (as we saw this year). So, you are right (in my opinion)... we aren’t in a bad position closing out the 2017-2018 season, but we have a ways to go to truly compete for the NCAA tournament.

Comment

...very saddened by the Friday tragedy in Canada...my thoughts and prayers to all involved in this terrible crash...
                  Absolutely heartbreaking. I can’t imagine what that community is going through.

Gerard Waslen played for the Humboldt Broncos before coming to Colgate in the early ‘80s.

Comment

very saddened by the Friday tragedy in Canada...my thoughts and prayers to all involved in this terrible crash...
                    Ditto. It is an unimanageble tragedy. The hockey world mourns those lost and injured, and prays for the families of all concerned.

Thus endith the college hockey season. All praise UMD!

Comment

Looks like Colgate at Miami (Ohio) non-conference series on October 26-27, according to RedHawks release today.
                      I have seen Michigan State, Providence and Nebraska - Omaha at Miami (Ohio), and it is a great atmosphere for college hockey.
                      Go 'Gate!

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                        Looks like Colgate at Miami (Ohio) non-conference series on October 26-27, according to RedHawks release today.
                        From the coach today...

The 2018-19 schedule is tentatively set and will be released over the summer. I can share with you that it has good balance with games against teams representing the Big Ten, Hockey East, The National Collegiate Hockey Conference and Atlantic Hockey, along with 22 of our most challenging games in the ECAC Hockey League. The class of 2022 is almost complete. We will be adding five new players, three forwards and two goalies. More details will be forthcoming.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                          From the coach today...

The 2018-19 schedule is tentatively set and will be released over the summer. I can share with you that it has good balance with games against teams representing the Big Ten, Hockey East, The National Collegiate Hockey Conference and Atlantic Hockey, along with 22 of our most challenging games in the ECAC Hockey League. The class of 2022 is almost complete. We will be adding five new players, three forwards and two goalies. More details will be forthcoming.
                          Anyone who is interested take a look at the incoming recruits for the women's team. Man, are they amazing! You can see the recruits by going to the Gate sports message board, click on the thread about women's ice hockey, and open the link on the last posting. Looks like Coach of the Year Fargo has himself another winning recruiting class. Well done! Hope some of this will rub off on the mens side.

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                            Anyone who is interested take a look at the incoming recruits for the women's team. Man, are they amazing! You can see the recruits by going to the Gate sports message board, click on the thread about women's ice hockey, and open the link on the last posting. Looks like Coach of the Year Fargo has himself another winning recruiting class. Well done! Hope some of this will rub off on the mens side.
                            P.S. -- Posting is by Raider Archivist that shows Class of '22 women skaters @ colgatesports.myfastforum.org

Comment

USCHO logged me out and it's been so long I forgot my password so I haven't been able to sign in for a couple of weeks. Left them emails and no one got back to me, I finally figured it out.

Something has been irking me, Point has been second team to Cornell's goalie in most of the post season accolades (All American etc). If you look at number of saves he has about 40-50% more saves, it's in the hundreds. Cornell bias ? What are they looking at ?
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

whatever it is I think Shabby is correct...for starters, save percentages go up as SOG/game increase...perhaps a Cornell bias, maybe simply a case of rewarding someone on a team that finished in the top five in the country...Austin Smith got really screwed, so why not Colton Point?

Comment

Working...
                                X