Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

So much for the pros. Us amateurs who play, or try to play bogey golf are the backbone of the game.

Anyway, if you're looking for a golf ball, I ordered a couple of dozen Vice golf balls. Solid, long, and straight. Rolls true on the green. About $15/doz + shipping. I'd recommend it.

------

The Olympics should have a stroke play and team gold medals. Enter your top 3 golfers and play 72 holes to determine the best individuals. Then go match play with the best 8 countries based on their scores in the medal round. It will take 6 days for both (4 days stroke, 2 days match). Week 1 is women, week 2 is men.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Bought tickets for next years US Open at Erin Hills today.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Bought tickets for next years US Open at Erin Hills today.
      How bad was the damage? Next year's Senior's PGA is near me.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        How bad was the damage? Next year's Senior's PGA is near me.
        Bad. $125 per ticket plus taxes and fees, single day, Friday. Bought 4.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Bad. $125 per ticket plus taxes and fees, single day, Friday. Bought 4.
          Yeesh.

I believe The Players was $60 for a grounds pass (single day) this year.

Still pretty awesome that you'll get to be there though.

Comment

Spieth, Day, McIlroy and Fowler a combined +19 right now. Yikes.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

That ought to make Sunday exciting.

Comment

Spieth, Day, McIlroy and Fowler a combined +19 right now. Yikes.
                Ouch

Comment

I think you're going to see Oakmont rear its ugly head today. 12 players are under par right now. I expect that to drop, if not halve by sundown.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    I think you're going to see Oakmont rear its ugly head today. 12 players are under par right now. I expect that to drop, if not halve by sundown.
                    Oakmont kicks my arse on the video game. Can't even imagine real life for a golfer.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Oakmont kicks my arse on the video game. Can't even imagine real life for a golfer.
                      I was fixated on the 684 yard 12th hole on Thursday.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Rory just made a mess of his bunker shot, and that's going to cost him. He's going to miss the cut now.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I was fixated on the 684 yard 12th hole on Thursday.
                          Is that a record for a major?
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Rory just made a mess of his bunker shot, and that's going to cost him. He's going to miss the cut now.
                            If he hadn't put the drive in the bunker......

He dug his hole in Round 1with a +7
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              Is that a record for a major?
                              Yes. ESPN was making noise about us seeing 700 yarder at next year's open.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                              X