SLU Skating Saints Hockey '18-'19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Why? Outside of the payraise, why leave a sure gig at Hobart?

USHL coach?
    Because he’s from Canton and played at SUNY Canton for a few years along with having extensive assistant coaching positions at the D1 level and head coaching experience.
    Last edited by techtodenver; 05-22-2019, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Re: SLU Skating Saints Hockey '18-'19

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Both D3 schools. A vacancy is a vacancy.
      Last time I check SLU was a D1 hockey program A vacancy is not a vacancy. I would think the desire to coach at a D1 team is much greater than a D3. Based on your user name I guess a Tech fan. So if that is the Case let ask is A Engineer vacancy the same as a technician. NO. Is a Walmart Greater the same as a Walmart site Manager NO.

APPLES VS ORANGES

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatcard View Post
        Last time I check SLU was a D1 hockey program A vacancy is not a vacancy. I would think the desire to coach at a D1 team is much greater than a D3. Based on your user name I guess a Tech fan. So if that is the Case let ask is A Engineer vacancy the same as a technician. NO. Is a Walmart Greater the same as a Walmart site Manager NO.

APPLES VS ORANGES
        I think you need to face the reality that the overlap of poor DI teams and good DIII teams is much greater than it was in the past. Other than Arizona St. there has been no expansion of DI teams recently. At the same time there has been a significant growth in junior hockey in general and significant international interest in using the NCAA as a route to get to the NHL. So what you have is something like 30-40 DI quality players not getting a DI spot and ending up playing DIII. So if you are one of these displaced DI players are you going to choose a coach-less St. Lawrence (technically DI but with DIII facilities) or a DIII school that has the potential to win a DIII national championship?
        Last edited by kool99; 05-23-2019, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Anthony Noreen head coach of Tri-City in the USHL - reported to be on campus today for an interview....

Comment

Day 56😀

Comment

Originally posted by chrisP View Post
              Anthony Noreen head coach of Tri-City in the USHL - reported to be on campus today for an interview....
              Clarkson's assistant Brent Brekke was also interviewed.

Comment

Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
                Clarkson's assistant Brent Brekke was also interviewed.
                At Day 56 we bring a guy in who works 9 miles down the road Did they use Amish transportation to go find him.

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatcard View Post
                  At Day 56 we bring a guy in who works 9 miles down the road Did they use Amish transportation to go find him.
                  He took the train.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

They had to wait until the snowdrifts melted.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

They better lock up Noreen this time around. The guys on the team wanted him last time around and he blew everyone away on campus last time around too, was easily the best of the three they brought to campus 3 years ago. But as I have said before the fix was in with a sham search and Morris was locked in no matter what.
                      Mr. Hoot Owl says, "Scary isn't it ?!? You never know!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenBear View Post
                        They better lock up Noreen this time around. The guys on the team wanted him last time around and he blew everyone away on campus last time around too, was easily the best of the three they brought to campus 3 years ago. But as I have said before the fix was in with a sham search and Morris was locked in no matter what.
                        All his college experience is at the DIII level - playing and then an assistant at Wis.- Stevens Point.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisP View Post
                          All his college experience is at the DIII level - playing and then an assistant at Wis.- Stevens Point.
                          Other then all his USHL experience, where he’s been looking at 14-20 year olds so those connections in theory should help him bring in some of his guys early and give him time to establish other connections at the college level. Being at SLU he better figure out the Canadian connections and prep school connections.

Comment

How is your boy Bob doing in the search?? 55 days and counting... Keep up with your defense with Franco Bari and Carvy's contract .... Make SLU 500 again! Fire Bob...Can't wait for the FACTUAL record of excuse you give him credit for. At this point, try Alex Boak over at SUNY Canton Roo House.
                            No doubt, wishing to make SLU return to the above "500" glory years of George Menard and Joe Marsh, you will be willing to facilitate that goal by putting your money where your mouth is and make a sizable contribution at the time of your next alumni reunion?
                            Let me know your contribution for fiscal 2019 (ending in June) and I will triple anything you can manage. Like most I realize the financial constraints imposed upon a small D3 liberal arts school, fielding some 32 athletic teams, seeking to compete with deep pocketed Ivies and state schools.
                            SLU65

Comment

• Re: SLU Skating Saints Hockey '18-'19 *MORRIS FIRED*

Canton is a buzz as apparently white smoke was seen coming out of the chimney at Vilas Hall tonight! Rumor has it on Tuesday SLU will name a new head coach from our neighbors 10 miles down the road.

Not saying this is set in stone but hearing from a lot of people up in Canton tonight that this is the word on the street. We shall see...
                              Mr. Hoot Owl says, "Scary isn't it ?!? You never know!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by GoldenBear View Post
                                Canton is a buzz as apparently white smoke was seen coming out of the chimney at Vilas Hall tonight! Rumor has it on Tuesday SLU will name a new head coach from our neighbors 10 miles down the road.

Not saying this is set in stone but hearing from a lot of people up in Canton tonight that this is the word on the street. We shall see...
                                You can't have Matt!
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X