Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Watts that all about??
    I would love to see Watts go to Clarkson. I think she'd be an almost unstoppable force there.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
      I would love to see Watts go to Clarkson. I think she'd be an almost unstoppable force there.
      She would light it up if she were on a line with Giguere and Pezloba. Forgive me if I spelled the names incorrectly. She might even approach or exceed her freshman year numbers.

Comment

Re: 2019 Transfers

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
        She would light it up if she were on a line with Giguere and Pezloba. Forgive me if I spelled the names incorrectly. She might even approach or exceed her freshman year numbers.
        Spelling lesson: Pejzlova
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Caitrin Lonergan (F - BC) to Clarkson

https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...golden-knights
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

So she will be able to play immediately due to changing conferences?? Is that the same with the mens game? I am not totally in the know on transfer rules..

Comment

Originally posted by CLKHockey View Post
              So she will be able to play immediately due to changing conferences?? Is that the same with the mens game? I am not totally in the know on transfer rules..
              Yes, her impact will be felt immediately, by two schools.

Comment

Originally posted by CLKHockey View Post
                So she will be able to play immediately due to changing conferences??
                Correct, eligible immediately
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

Why did she transfer?

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
                    Why did she transfer?
                    Read the last full paragraph here: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...golden-knights

All anyone needs to know. Nice summary by TTT.
                    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Well written indeed however if a player leaves a school after three years, the reason for leaving is not likely to be the school.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                        Well written indeed however if a player leaves a school after three years, the reason for leaving is not likely to be the school.
                        Yeah, "The school wasn't a good fit" is a way too generic of an answer. The word "school" could be interpreted 52.5 ways. Bottom line is this is a disturbing trend. No one wants free agency in women's college hockey. The charm of the sport is these players are at the same school for 4 years and we get to watch them grow and improve.

If I was a St. Cloud fan, I'd be fuming over Friesen leaving. She would be their 2nd best returning scorer. She give you hope. She gives you hope that maybe you can claw your way to home ice in the first round of the wWCHA, maybe get a few votes for the top 10, who knows. They are trying to build something there on the women's side. They have the potential to do great things, look at what the men's team has done. Her leaving is a huge loss for them and it really sets them back.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

nobody in St. Cloud is fuming because nobody is paying attention
                          that and the fact they all want to leave too
                          can't really blame her, the only place more boring than St. Cloud is Manitoba
                          MN located the state's prison for young adults here, which is fitting

actually inmates long ago had it better than today's alumni of SCSU, upon their release they were given a horse, a saddle, a rifle, and a gold piece
                          most alumni of SCSU leave with an STD, an alcohol problem, debt, and a job at Fleet Farm

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                            Nice summary by TTT.
                            A gracious, dispassionate farewell. (Maybe FHF can find a smilin' on the outside cryin' on the inside song.)

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              Yeah, "The school wasn't a good fit" is a way too generic of an answer. The word "school" could be interpreted 52.5 ways. Bottom line is this is a disturbing trend. No one wants free agency in women's college hockey. The charm of the sport is these players are at the same school for 4 years and we get to watch them grow and improve.
                              *raises hand to invalidate the "no one" claim*

The power imbalance in college athletics is stark and dismaying. Personally, I'd prefer not to be a fan of an operation in which amateur athletes are told that they cannot move to a different school that they believe would better serve their own interests. That sort of coercion makes me uncomfortable and reduces my enjoyment of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
                                (Maybe FHF can find a smilin' on the outside cryin' on the inside song.)
                                This version by Aretha Franklin is quite good...

Laughing on the Outside
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X