X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers Offseason: Looking forward to more in 2019-20 <<<

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
    Either I'm having trouble following what you've said or you're saying the US NTDP program hasn't improved in the last 20 years and that concluding that it has would be "terribly wrong". Interesting.
    Agree to disagree.
    Good heavens. Again you are so far off base. It was your original assumption on what I was saying was so far off base. Forget about it. I wasted enough time on this.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        Good heavens. Again you are so far off base. It was your original assumption on what I was saying was so far off base. Forget about it. I wasted enough time on this.
        This is literally the most inane thing I've ever seen **** people off on here before.

I made a singular point.
        You and Tom (more Tom than you) tried to make points to invalidate what I said.
        I then defended my point while pointing out how silly it was that anyone got worked up enough about what I said to actually argue about it.
        Then you appear to have gotten frustrated.
        If you were going down some other path with your statements, that should have been made more clear. You're a good writer. I know you can.
        I really couldn't care much less about this issue, but I won't go so far as to say I'm not wasting time on it anymore since that is pretty much 90% of what goes on on these boards.
        Can't we all just get along?
        Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
          This is literally the most inane thing I've ever seen **** people off on here before.

I made a singular point.
          You and Tom (more Tom than you) tried to make points to invalidate what I said.
          I then defended my point while pointing out how silly it was that anyone got worked up enough about what I said to actually argue about it.
          Then you appear to have gotten frustrated.
          If you were going down some other path with your statements, that should have been made more clear. You're a good writer. I know you can.
          I really couldn't care much less about this issue, but I won't go so far as to say I'm not wasting time on it anymore since that is pretty much 90% of what goes on on these boards.
          I. Don't. Care. Anymore.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• I hear the Red Sox and the Yankees are going to play in London. Should be interesting. I wonder if the Tigers will get an invite to play a game in Europe. I see the ECAC teams have made the trip during the last few seasons.
            Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 06-27-2019, 11:57 AM.
            RPI Engineers
            RIT Tigers
            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
              I wonder if the Tigers will get an invite to play a game in Europe. I see the ECAC teams have made the trip during the last few seasons.
              I think the Friendship Four is pretty much limited to ECAC and Hockey East teams. Too bad. It would be awesome for RIT to play in Dublin!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                I think the Friendship Four is pretty much limited to ECAC and Hockey East teams. Too bad. It would be awesome for RIT to play in Dublin!
                And it would be equally impressive to hear you, Scott, (and bring Chris too) broadcast from there!

Hey Atlantic Hockey executives, we know you read the RIT thread 😄, let’s start a tradition and start sending four Atlantic Hockey teams to a venue overseas. Market your league and your teams! And don’t forget to bring their radio folks as well!
                RPI Engineers
                RIT Tigers
                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                  And it would be equally impressive to hear you, Scott, (and bring Chris too) broadcast from there!

Hey Atlantic Hockey executives, we know you read the RIT thread 😄, let’s start a tradition and start sending four Atlantic Hockey teams to a venue overseas. Market your league and your teams! And don’t forget to bring their radio folks as well!
                  Much better would be to send two teams (Tigers please)that would play against two pro teams over there. Imagine the crowds and the experience. I'd fly over for that.

Not sure playing the pros is alowd though
                  RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                    Actually the friendship for is in Belfast. Given the situation with BREXIT, let's all hope things there stay calm and peaceful and the tournament can be continued.
                    John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                    AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                    AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                    NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                    NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                    NCAA DII - 1983
                    NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

I wouldn’t bother with all the BREXIT politics. RIT has a campus in Croatia, RIT could host, I’m sure there is a rink nearby. The campus is right on the Adriatic Sea. For the inaugural tournament as well as RIT invite one Service Academy, AIC, and Holy Cross. I would think that the local hockey fans would find something to like about each of the teams. AIC has quite a few European players on their team and that could help with recruiting. Lots of possibilities in RIT hosting a tournament in Croatia. I suppose we can dream right? I don’t think the logistics would be that difficult.

On second thought. I don’t think there is a rink outside of Zagreb (no where near Dubrovnik where RIT is) that could host a tournament. Oh well, maybe another city in Western Europe or Scandinavia.
                      Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 06-28-2019, 09:47 AM.
                      RPI Engineers
                      RIT Tigers
                      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                        I wouldn’t bother with all the BREXIT politics. RIT has a campus in Croatia, RIT could host, I’m sure there is a rink nearby. The campus is right on the Adriatic Sea. For the inaugural tournament as well as RIT invite one Service Academy, AIC, and Holy Cross. I would think that the local hockey fans would find something to like about each of the teams. AIC has quite a few European players on their team and that could help with recruiting. Lots of possibilities in RIT hosting a tournament in Croatia. I suppose we can dream right? I don’t think the logistics would be that difficult.

On second thought. I don’t think there is a rink outside of Zagreb (no where near Dubrovnik where RIT is) that could host a tournament. Oh well, maybe another city in Western Europe or Scandinavia.
                        FWIW in 2018 when I graduated I had to do a project that involved classmates based in Croatia, I had 2 members in Dubrovnik and 1 in Zagreb. I believe RIT has a presence in both areas.
                        RIT Tigers
                        2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                        2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Erik Brown signs AHL contract with Bridgeport: https://***********/thesoundtigers/s...038714880?s=21

Comment

• Originally posted by NYhockeyguy View Post
                            FWIW in 2018 when I graduated I had to do a project that involved classmates based in Croatia, I had 2 members in Dubrovnik and 1 in Zagreb. I believe RIT has a presence in both areas.
                            Good to know, thanks for that, so the dream might be a possibility, maybe RIT could query some of the other AHA schools and see if anyone is up for a four school trip to Zagreb? BTW congrats on being an RIT alum. 👍
                            RPI Engineers
                            RIT Tigers
                            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Liam Kerins is moving to Europe, signing with the Cergy Jokers of France's FFHG 1st Division (2nd level of France's hockey leagues).

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                                Somebody wants a free trip to Ireland... I would too but I have a feeling Campbell would get first dibs on the overhead compartment and I don't think I would fit nor would I want to be placed under your seats...

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                                I guess verbal commits aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

Can't imagine why he'd shirk RIT for Providence. Maybe they offered him an athletic scholarship.

Powers &8^]
                                Many coaches have made "between the lines" comments complaining on how other coaches will not respect a verbal commitment and still go after a player who made a verbal commitment. For those that do not know a verbal commitment is anything but what it sounds like, it has no binding agreement between the player and the school. Many coaches want this practice to stop and not just AHA coaches, Ed and Jim recently had a coach of a Big Ten school on their broadcast who was complaining about the same thing. It will be interesting to see what Blake does at Providence and how his career goes. I know kids in the area who have played with him and they have nothing but nice things to say about him...

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                I must be getting soft in my old age, I gave up on this topic more than a week ago
                                Last edited by Tom Naeger; 07-02-2019, 09:49 AM. Reason: Added some more
                                Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                                The Mule
                                Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Working...
                                X