Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU @ UMD Feb 13 & 14: Will you be my Valentine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU @ UMD Feb 13 & 14: Will you be my Valentine?

SCSU coming off of a nasty, penalty-filled split with BYE, erasing the momentum from the curb stomping they gave CC in the Springs. tUMD is coming off a sweep of NMU.

Was gonna make a wager on who gets drunker this weekend, me or Biddco, but as always that title will again go to the road fan as I'm actually staying in Duluth all weekend.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: SCSU @ UMD Feb 13 & 14: Will you be my Valentine?

No I won't be your Valentine. Sorry!

This is an interesting series, both teams have been playing well as of late but SCSU did have a bye. I wouldn't surprised to see a split here but I think UMD can sweep. I'm wondering how SCSU feels about being swept for the first time in 15 years by UMD in St. Cloud in November. I'm sure they are a chomping at the bit to play UMD and avenge those losses.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

This really should be the battle between the camera whores. That will determine the real winner.

In relation to hockey, split. I agree with Euro. The Bye took the steam out of us.
      Originally posted by Skeeterman
      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        I'm wondering how SCSU feels about being swept for the first time in 15 years by UMD in St. Cloud in November. I'm sure they are a chomping at the bit to play UMD and avenge those losses.
        Probably half as bad as UMD felt about getting swept 4-0 against St. Cloud last year.

UMD will not sweep. SCSU has its' mojo back.
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

No I won't be your Valentine. Sorry!

This is an interesting series, both teams have been playing well as of late but SCSU did have a bye. I wouldn't surprised to see a split here but I think UMD can sweep. I'm wondering how SCSU feels about being swept for the first time in 15 years by UMD in St. Cloud in November. I'm sure they are a chomping at the bit to play UMD and avenge those losses.
          You will too be my Valentine!

I still don't know what to think of that series back in November. I thought we outplayed UMD pretty significantly Friday night except we couldn't find the back of the net. Looked like we were gonna get out of the night with a win after the two power play goals and it looked like we might get a third until they decided to throw that garbage call on Kossila, then we take another right after, UMD cashes in on the PP and then wins it in OT. Saturday was pretty even and UMD capitalized. The funny thing is, I feel like UMD has played better series in St. Cloud since I've been following ('01-'02) but this year was the one where they finally were rewarded for it.

Luckily we're playing in a building we've had quite a bit of success in. And kids, remember… don't be Crandall

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            You will too be my Valentine!

I still don't know what to think of that series back in November. I thought we outplayed UMD pretty significantly Friday night except we couldn't find the back of the net. Looked like we were gonna get out of the night with a win after the two power play goals and it looked like we might get a third until they decided to throw that garbage call on Kossila, then we take another right after, UMD cashes in on the PP and then wins it in OT. Saturday was pretty even and UMD capitalized. The funny thing is, I feel like UMD has played better series in St. Cloud since I've been following ('01-'02) but this year was the one where they finally were rewarded for it.

Luckily we're playing in a building we've had quite a bit of success in. And kids, remember… don't be Crandall
            You'll be my drunken Valentine!

That series was during that great November of hockey for tUMD. Kas made some great saves during that series and, like you said they got timely goals. That's a blueprint for winning on the road when you haven't done that in a while. That series, for me, was the time UMD played the best in St. Cloud. There have been games when they went down two goals it was all but over, or games where they fought back but still lost.

Don't be...Justin Crandall?

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            Probably half as bad as UMD felt about getting swept 4-0 against St. Cloud last year.

UMD will not sweep. SCSU has its' mojo back.
            I see what you did there. They literally feel half as bad because they've lost half the games that tUMD lost to SCSU last year.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Dream scenario for UNO fan is an SCSU sweep, which keeps the Bulldogs at bay and has SCSU so giddy, they sleepwalk against us the following weekend.

Comment

Don't be...Justin Crandall?.
                No, ze goalie. We turned your little "Don't be that guy" penalty thing into a "Don't be Crandall!" chant. Last two times he saw us in that building he got shellacked in 5-1 losses.

Comment

Just noticed Toninato didn't play Saturday. Did they just rest him or was he hurt or what?

Comment

Just noticed Toninato didn't play Saturday. Did they just rest him or was he hurt or what?
                    He was hurt, sounded like he could have gone if he needed too but didn't. Today Asst. Coach Jason Herter said that he didn't practice today and his status was unknown for the weekend.
                    No, ze goalie. We turned your little "Don't be that guy" penalty thing into a "Don't be Crandall!" chant. Last two times he saw us in that building he got shellacked in 5-1 losses.
                    Thank god we've got Kas now.
                    tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by biddco View Post
                      thank god we've got kas now.
                      FINNISH Him!!!

Comment

FINNISH Him!!!
                        Isn't Kaskisuo from one of the same hometowns as one of your Finnish boys?
                        tUMD Hockey

Comment

Isn't Kaskisuo from one of the same hometowns as one of your Finnish boys?
                          Kas is listed as from Vantaa, yet eliteprospects.com has his birthplace as Espoo. Reijola is listed as from Espoo but eliteprospects.com says he was born in Vantaa. Both list Ilvonen as from/born in Espoo, and while born in France, Kossila is from Kauniainen, a few miles away from Espoo.

So basically they're all from the Helsinki 'burbs and they've probably met before

Comment

Kas is listed as from Vantaa, yet eliteprospects.com has his birthplace as Espoo. Reijola is listed as from Espoo but eliteprospects.com says he was born in Vantaa. Both list Ilvonen as from/born in Espoo, and while born in France, Kossila is from Kauniainen, a few miles away from Espoo.

So basically they're all from the Helsinki 'burbs and they've probably met before
                            Excellent work. I bet they have met before, hockey communities are small like that.
                            tUMD Hockey

Comment

I'm wondering how SCSU feels about being swept for the first time in 15 years by UMD in St. Cloud in November. I'm sure they are a chomping at the bit to play UMD and avenge those losses.
                              I bet the Huskies are going to be angry. Like a rabid dog.
                              Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                              Eric's Twitter
                              The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Working...
                              X