This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

God **** it I want Unh to gear up against Maine. I want rivalry so we feel good about finally kicking your ***.

Comment

are you sure Dickie doesn't decide to come back for yet another year to reach the milestone? cause really, what's the difference.....
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Thanks for helping us get to the end of this thread, you Black Bears and Terriers. I am sure that Chuck's new thread in waiting will be much more upbeat.

If UNH does visit Orono for the MBPBEGAM round, which I think is a likelihood, Tirone will be coming for you, with two shut out wins this time. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Thanks for helping us get to the end of this thread, you Black Bears and Terriers. I am sure that Chuck's new thread in waiting will be much more upbeat.

If UNH does visit Orono for the MBPBEGAM round, which I think is a likelihood, Tirone will be coming for you, with two shut out wins this time. :-)
          What he said. Put up or shut up Maine! Hope y'all will drive your tractahs down to Durham and see the spectacle unfold.
          Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-31-2018, 08:25 AM.
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            are you sure Dickie doesn't decide to come back for yet another year to reach the milestone? cause really, what's the difference.....
            Makes you wonder. But rest assured the fan base will have none of that.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              Makes you wonder. But rest assured the fan base will have none of that.
              What more can the fan base do? I suppose leave the building more empty... the crowds are very pathetic now. Literally can't give the tickets away.
              "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                What more can the fan base do? I suppose leave the building more empty... the crowds are very pathetic now. Literally can't give the tickets away.
                Exactly my point...but I think 'arena apathy' is more widespread than just us, from what I read on other boards...
                Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-31-2018, 12:40 PM.

Comment

https://twitter.com/jeffcoxsports/st...91974538153986

Interesting theory that talented players will leave situations where they are unfairly (merit) bypassed for opportunities by less-talented upperclassmen...

Discuss - has running a once premier college hockey program like a MA HS been good or bad for UNH Hockey/Umile??
                  Live Free or Die!!
                  Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Interesting theory that talented players will leave situations where they are unfairly (merit) bypassed for opportunities by less-talented upperclassmen...

Discuss - has running a once premier college hockey program like a MA HS been good or bad for UNH Hockey/Umile??
                    Or, like the Durham, NH, Oyster River High sports teams, other than hockey and skiing, in the late 1960s. I have never stepped inside any of those Durham schools since I left, so do not know if merit still means nothing there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Of course it's not the same animal. Dan I would need concrete examples (besides the 15/16 season i.e. Senior checking line) of how he (Umile) has done so. If it's creating a positive family atmosphere like "we treat your kids like they are our own" personally I don't have any truck with that.
                      Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-31-2018, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

My guess is it has!

Old 599, particularly the longer he has been in Durham, has favored the seniors more and more. Even when Haydar was a freshman scoring 60 points it was "shocking" he was on the first line at all. I have been told stories the he doesn't really interact much (or speak) with the freshman (who are scared of him) and by the time they are seniors he is there coach/friend/confidant. 599 finally lost me when it became obvious that he would rather put a player on the ice that was consistently sucky rather than somebody who would flash greatness and then do something sucky.

High end talent wants to be in a meritocracy, in all walks of life.

It is another advantage with tinkering with lines during early season games. It give people a chance to show what hey can do.

Another example look at the Bruins this year vs under Claude. Claude would never be play all those "kids"... can't trust them.
                        "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Working...
                        X