LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

It's nice that we open with 2 home non-conference series in October. I'll probably make it up for one of those 2 series.

Comment

Unless they play in Marquette during the playoffs, it will be the first time since 1994-95 that the Lakers won't play a game at NMU.

I wonder if a Canadian exhibition game or two could get added to the schedule? Also any word if there will be off-season Laker Hockey Talk shows?

Edit: Noticed a discrepancy on the schedule. On the Laker website, it shows the Lakers play the U.S Under 18 team in Plymouth on January 31 but on the WCHA website it shows they play in the Sault on January 31 AND February 1. Which is correct?
      Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 05-09-2019, 04:22 AM.
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
        Unless they play in Marquette during the playoffs, it will be the first time since 1994-95 that the Lakers won't play a game at NMU.

I wonder if a Canadian exhibition game or two could get added to the schedule? Also any word if there will be off-season Laker Hockey Talk shows?

Edit: Noticed a discrepancy on the schedule. On the Laker website, it shows the Lakers play the U.S Under 18 team in Plymouth on January 31 but on the WCHA website it shows they play in the Sault on January 31 AND February 1. Which is correct?
        The WCHA site also showed the Lakers going to Bemidji both the weekend of November 9th and Thanksgiving weekend, so I would guess that the Lakers website would be correct that the Lakers play at the US team.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
          The WCHA site also showed the Lakers going to Bemidji both the weekend of November 9th and Thanksgiving weekend, so I would guess that the Lakers website would be correct that the Lakers play at the US team.
          Agree. And a single game exhibition against the US team sounds right.

Comment

Also any word if there will be off-season Laker Hockey Talk shows?
            I think there will be LHT shows this off-season. They'll probably have one later this month or maybe June at the latest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
              Agree. And a single game exhibition against the US team sounds right.
              The latter series is at home.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                The latter series is at home.
                So the Lakers web site has the wrong info then? Do you know for sure if its 1 game or 2? Surprising they'd be playing a 2 game series against the USND team, since the USND team usually seems to play 1 game sets against college teams, but I guess I could see it happening since there are no exhibition games against Canadian universities on the schedule.

Comment

So the Lakers web site has the wrong info then? Do you know for sure if its 1 game or 2? Surprising they'd be playing a 2 game series against the USND team, since the USND team usually seems to play 1 game sets against college teams, but I guess I could see it happening since there are no exhibition games against Canadian universities on the schedule.
                  I think davyd83 meant the latter Bemidji State series is at home in the Sault.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                    I think davyd83 meant the latter Bemidji State series is at home in the Sault.
                    The second Bemidji is home
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      The second Bemidji is home
                      Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

I think the WCHA website U.S Under 18 dates are right. Lakers just played in Plymouth this past season. I doubt they play there two years in a row.

Comment

Lakers only play US Under 18 team once in Plymouth on January 31. The WCHA site corrected the error earlier today. Still showing we play at Bemidji State for two series in November but I'm sure that will be corrected very soon.
                          Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 05-10-2019, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Also any word if there will be off-season Laker Hockey Talk shows?
                            The first off-season LHT show is supposed to be Thursday May 23 on ESPN1400 at 8:30 AM.

Comment

The first off-season LHT show is supposed to be Thursday May 23 on ESPN1400 at 8:30 AM.
                              Thanks for the heads up Bill.

Comment

Anyone know for sure who is coming in new next season ?

Comment

Working...
                                X