Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears Recruiting

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    I am curious if the Maine coaching staff has reached out to this player Murray of Youngstown(USHL). Big left wing that can score goals. Might help compensate for loss of Pearson if he can score for Maine. Seems like a system fit with Maine’s affinity for size/ power forward.
    https://www.wgrz.com/article/sports/...6-8dec4c908a2f
    Murray, previously of Penn State, is presently committed to Miami of Ohio so if he goes the NCAA route (again), I doubt he'd switch affiliations at this late date.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
      Murray, previously of Penn State, is presently committed to Miami of Ohio so if he goes the NCAA route (again), I doubt he'd switch affiliations at this late date.
      This article implies he is not going to Miami anymore. And it even states he will look at other schools.
      https://theathletic.com/1053711/2019/06/29/you-just-kind-of-roll-with-the-punches-sabres-prospect-brett-murray-carves-his-own-route-in-his-own-way/

This is the reason I brought it up, because it seems he is considering other schools.

Comment

This article implies he is not going to Miami anymore. And it even states he will look at other schools.
        https://theathletic.com/1053711/2019...n-his-own-way/

This is the reason I brought it up, because it seems he is considering other schools.
        My apologies, I thought the article was rather brief but in retrospect it must have cut off being behind a paywall and all. Carry on and good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
          My apologies, I thought the article was rather brief but in retrospect it must have cut off being behind a paywall and all. Carry on and good luck!
          No biggies.

On a different note I am trying to find out where certain Maine recruits are playing. It appears as though Josh Langford did not make the Sioux Falls initial roster, which is disappointing to see. Also, it seems like Brad Morrissey wasn’t in Tri-Cities tryout camp. I am not sure if he is playing in USHL this year?

Comment

I am curious if the Maine coaching staff has reached out to this player Murray of Youngstown(USHL). Big left wing that can score goals. Might help compensate for loss of Pearson if he can score for Maine. Seems like a system fit with Maine’s affinity for size/ power forward.
            https://www.wgrz.com/article/sports/...6-8dec4c908a2f
            IDK, Blackie, merely replacing a Pearson isn't going to right the ship. This program is broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              IDK, Blackie, merely replacing a Pearson isn't going to right the ship. This program is broken.
              Fallen down and can't get back up

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                Yes, we should follow your lead and give up...

F offf... I still want my bears to win. Got it?

Comment

Yes, we should follow your lead and give up...

F offf... I still want my bears to win. Got it?
                  I don't believe Fishman '81 has given up...rather he's a fan that has seen it all and at times you can have patience but the last 6 years with RG has been nothing but bad and not going ahead but more or less dragging the Program further away....will it ever be like it was.. NOPE...AND THATS too bad....but it's never getting better with RG at the helm...we can go back and forth on this and that...but all of us would like to see progress/accountability....but then the debate will go on and always be a issue. Maine hockey fans are passionate and no matter what they say...they do care. imo.

Comment

.. I still want my bears to win. Got it?
                    We all want that but the writing has been on the wall for awhile now.
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      We all want that but the writing has been on the wall for awhile now.
                      The program wasn’t broken as you negative Nelly’s state. It was smack dab in the middle both in league and in country according to pairwise.

I simply want an upgrade if we can get it to be more competitive in league play so we can visit garden again. Ya know have some fun...

I stand by my F off and will extend it to you and mainehockey too.

I want this god **** team to go to hockey east finals again. Stop being negative f wads.

Comment

I want this god **** team to go to hockey east finals again. Stop being negative f wads.
                        You must think we have some effect on Reds coaching and recruiting. Maybe if we were rich enough to fund the program like BC or DU that might be the case.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Schedules out, we will know by thanksgiving or christmas for sure about the garden trip.🤔

Comment

The program wasn’t broken as you negative Nelly’s state. It was smack dab in the middle both in league and in country according to pairwise.

I simply want an upgrade if we can get it to be more competitive in league play so we can visit garden again. Ya know have some fun...

I stand by my F off and will extend it to you and mainehockey too.

Well Thank You...really...as you have your OPINION

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                              Schedules out, we will know by thanksgiving or christmas for sure about the garden trip.🤔
                              I mean, I don't know. A hefty bushel of potentially grabbable points late in the year with MC, UVM, and CT all trekking to Orono for a pair.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                                I mean, I don't know. A hefty bushel of potentially grabbable points late in the year with MC, UVM, and CT all trekking to Orono for a pair.
                                True, but Im thinking if they start out big in the hole for HE they probably arent going to rally late. CT's been a challenge for Umaine last few years, VT and MC who knows but tougher than expected likely..

Comment

Working...
                                X