Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What??? No UNH 2017-2018 Season Thread? Well, Here Ya Go!! :) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What??? No UNH 2017-2018 Season Thread? Well, Here Ya Go!! :) :)

4-0-1 so far on this young season! Have the Lady 'Cats finally turned the corner??

LET'S GO CATS!!!!
    UNH

Re: What??? No UNH 2017-2018 Season Thread? Well, Here Ya Go!!

You know Scott, I was thinking the same thing about there not being a UNH thread but I was being cautiously optimistic.......so far the team has a nice jump in the skates, lines playing well together at the start of the season(?), seems like Coach wants to see if Boutilier is the real deal, defense looks solid with more than "off the glass" to breakout.....many, many good things for coming out of the gate.......so we'll see how they do with @Northeastern, Maine, BU and 2 w/UVM again in 10 days! Everyone knows how important these 10 HE points will be come March! Just look at how we had to hit the road the last 3 years by a few points for the playoffs.....heck, ask Durocher about losing 8 HE points so far this season!! So thanks for the thread Scott.....hopefully Wildcat fans will come and support what looks to be a real solid team!

Comment

Love the optimism but take the fluffy D3 game vs Holy Cross and basically D3 Dartmouth out and things look about the same. Zoofer is correct in his/her assessment....the new goalie has played well but the hard part has not started it will start Wed night vs Northeastern. Law of averages is about to kick in I am afraid.......

Comment

C'mon 3skaters....glass is half full right now! I'll take the positive side of "cautiously optimistic" now..... Let's talk in a few days......

Comment

Kudos to the Hockey East for putting some women's hockey on television. Not a great first period for your ladies but I'm enjoying sitting at home and watching a live game on a Wednesday night.
          Clarkson Golden Knights Men
          10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
          5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
          21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
          ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
          ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
          7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
          National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Totally agree FireKnight, especially when NHL network had the USA-Canada game.....switching back and forth for women's hockey......what world is this! Unfortunately, the Wildcats weren't up to the Huskies speed.... at least for last nights game........but that's how you grow, as the season offers new tests each weekend.......look at how the Patriots defense has adjusted in 7 weeks! Anyway, one thing to cleanup that's basic, is giving Boutilier a better chance to see he puck on the man down sit.......but onward it is, to Black Bear country( on ice, I'm talking)

Comment

Where did all and/or any of the UNH Wildcats fans go? After years of floundering due to one person’s stupidity, Coach Witt has finally gotten some of her recruits onto Lake Whitt, and it’s showing remarkable results! In case no one has noticed, UNH sits atop Hockey East! Is it an early season fluke.......we’ll see but with 8 games played, it’s been a long time since we stood 4-1-3! Again I realize it’s not February, but give the team it’s due......they are playing inspired hockey......not floundering in every zone, playing as a team....each unit looking sharp, especially given the amount of time together! The freshman playing solid and getting some needed points even while they’re getting used to D-1 play.......and as mentioned before, it looks like Boutilier is the real deal, and Coach is ready to let her make her mark.......(I just hope this was explained to Smith and Cashin preseason)
              So now that UNH has a reason other than being family to go watch the Wildcats, yes even the men’s team has had a resurgence, where are the fans? Forget Lake Whitt for the minute, I’m talking about here on the forum! Currently there are 4 others that post on this thread.....DC is getting a pass as she is rehabbing.......I’m just hoping this program which has been fighting to get back to prominence hasn’t suffered too much of an obstacle......
              Btw, whomever came up with the #stickittostigma idea is brilliant, and kudos for the team their video and follow through........

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                Where did all and/or any of the UNH Wildcats fans go? After years of floundering due to one person’s stupidity, Coach Witt has finally gotten some of her recruits onto Lake Whitt, and it’s showing remarkable results! In case no one has noticed, UNH sits atop Hockey East! Is it an early season fluke.......we’ll see but with 8 games played, it’s been a long time since we stood 4-1-3! Again I realize it’s not February, but give the team it’s due......they are playing inspired hockey......not floundering in every zone, playing as a team....each unit looking sharp, especially given the amount of time together! The freshman playing solid and getting some needed points even while they’re getting used to D-1 play.......and as mentioned before, it looks like Boutilier is the real deal, and Coach is ready to let her make her mark.......(I just hope this was explained to Smith and Cashin preseason)
                So now that UNH has a reason other than being family to go watch the Wildcats, yes even the men’s team has had a resurgence, where are the fans? Forget Lake Whitt for the minute, I’m talking about here on the forum! Currently there are 4 others that post on this thread.....DC is getting a pass as she is rehabbing.......I’m just hoping this program which has been fighting to get back to prominence hasn’t suffered too much of an obstacle......
                Btw, whomever came up with the #stickittostigma idea is brilliant, and kudos for the team their video and follow through........
                DC might be rehabbing, but I was in the stands for both games this weekend (8 days post total knee)~ There was an average crowd Friday, and a really good crowd Saturday. I'm sure the players feed more off the people who make the games, than who show up for social media.
                "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

I usually get to roughly 5 games per year since I go to a lot of the mens road games and I work on Sundays. That does not leave a lot of room for me to get to more than 5 or so per year. So far I have been to the exhibition and this past Friday for this season. I am very impressed with the step forward this group has taken so far. The two games I went to were pretty much dominated by the Cats with a lot of shots just not a lot going in. Looking at the highlights and other scores I see this is not a common issue with 5+ goals in 4 games.

Does anyone have an update on Mcmanus after Friday night? It looked like she had a pretty bad leg injury and as I was leaving there was Fire/Ambulance crews leaving the arena so I'm guessing she got transported out. There are not a lot of news articles written about the team and we all know the UNH website will not just put that info out there.

I may be going to the Colgate game on Friday, we will see how things go. If there are any mens STH's out there who read this thread and do not post, your men's STH will get you comp tickets to any Women's game. Just show the ticket office your STH card and you will be able to get them. This has been an exciting team to watch this year, good for them and hopefully people start to notice again.

Comment

Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                    I usually get to roughly 5 games per year since I go to a lot of the mens road games and I work on Sundays. That does not leave a lot of room for me to get to more than 5 or so per year. So far I have been to the exhibition and this past Friday for this season. I am very impressed with the step forward this group has taken so far. The two games I went to were pretty much dominated by the Cats with a lot of shots just not a lot going in. Looking at the highlights and other scores I see this is not a common issue with 5+ goals in 4 games.

Does anyone have an update on Mcmanus after Friday night? It looked like she had a pretty bad leg injury and as I was leaving there was Fire/Ambulance crews leaving the arena so I'm guessing she got transported out. There are not a lot of news articles written about the team and we all know the UNH website will not just put that info out there.

I may be going to the Colgate game on Friday, we will see how things go. If there are any mens STH's out there who read this thread and do not post, your men's STH will get you comp tickets to any Women's game. Just show the ticket office your STH card and you will be able to get them. This has been an exciting team to watch this year, good for them and hopefully people start to notice again.
                    McManus has a sprained MCL, and is hopefull for the Colgate series. Personally, with the way the team responded, and the fact that Colgate isn't a league game, I wouldn't be disappointed if they erred on the side of caution so it doesn't become a recurrent issue.
                    "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                      McManus has a sprained MCL, and is hopefull for the Colgate series. Personally, with the way the team responded, and the fact that Colgate isn't a league game, I wouldn't be disappointed if they erred on the side of caution so it doesn't become a recurrent issue.
                      Better than what I thought, and agreed to the idea of being cautious on it. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Thanks for the info DC......:/ but my reference was to having more than 6 posters on this thread......Saturday's attendance was a nice size due to the promo but we both no it was unusual.......hopefully it won't be, so we'll see........I just want the UNH community to wake up and realize this team has some potential, hence talk about them on social media.......and as soon as the techies in the field house learn to use the replay board correctly, and ESPN3 doesn't have better coverage of the action, I'll stop in....

Comment

Last year UNH started with a brutal schedule of ranked teams and started out like 2-7, then moved onto some easier lower .500 games inside hockey east like Vermont, Merrimack etc. This season they have played a very easy schedule and started vs Vermont, Merrimack, Holy Cross and Dartmouth for the most part.....now they head into games vs ranked teams like Colgate, Providence and more with Northeastern....likely to end up .500 by the end of that.

Comment

Originally posted by 3skaters View Post
                            Last year UNH started with a brutal schedule of ranked teams and started out like 2-7, then moved onto some easier lower .500 games inside hockey east like Vermont, Merrimack etc. This season they have played a very easy schedule and started vs Vermont, Merrimack, Holy Cross and Dartmouth for the most part.....now they head
                            into games vs ranked teams like Colgate,
                            Providence and more with Northeastern....likely to end up .500 by the end of that.
                            I was actually thinking about the difference in schedules between last year and this season. Last year was a brutal schedule to sstart, but at the very end, they performed greater than we expected in the HE quarters, and put a good scare on BU. This year, they are without their backbone for 5 years, Jonna Curtis,but they have a very seasoned group of sophomore, Taylor W. Healthy after a medical red shirt, and a very capable rookie group, including a goaltender who doesn't seem to need an adjustment to the college game.
                            They have won games decisively that they may have struggled with is past seasons, and battled back into games they were behind in.
                            Scoring contributions are coming from everywhere, and they are playing with poise and confidence we haven't seen for years in Wildcat Nation. Colgate is a big benchmark for UNH, but win or lose, this team is resilient, and they will live and learn no matter what the scoreboard says.

Comment

The last 2 weekends UNH has played ECAC teams, Colgate and RPI.......to be succinct, during this fortnight it seems that UNH has digressed back to looking average......no longer is the defense working together to clear the zone, but instead looking for the home run pass or simply high off the boards.....no thought at all to puck possession and control of the zone! While the forward lines still look adequate, it baffles me why we simply cannot hold onto a pass, or do a simple give and go, or use a 2 on 1 more intelligently than shooting from the blue line! I hope the team made important strides in being together for the long road trip, because they’ll need to wake up and play together starting Wednesday night, when they play Providi, whom they are now tied with, and who is coming off 2 games w/Merrimack this past weekend, outscoring them 9-1........c’mon Wildcats!!

Comment

Working...
                              X