• Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
    Wait, what?

Powers &8^]
    Sarcasm😁
    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
      I'll pick you up, but I ain't carrying the eq..
      Glad that is settled but what are the possible destinations with a win, tie or loss this weekend?
      RIT Tigers

Comment

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
        Glad that is settled but what are the possible destinations with a win, tie or loss this weekend?
        Depends on what happens tonight/Friday night. As of right now we can still finish 2nd-6th. We only control our own destiny for 5th now though.

The loss last night actually makes it possible we will be locked into a spot come Saturday night's game. We could be locked into either 4th or 5th under the right conditions.
        4th: AIC beats Sacred Heart tonight, Mercyhurst drops a point Friday, Air Force takes 2 points Friday, Bentley takes 1 or 2 points Friday, and AIC beats Sacred Heart again Saturday afternoon.
        5th: Same, except Sacred Heart picks up 3 or 4 points rather than being swept in their two games that take place before our game Saturday night.

Where we might if we do end up being the 5th seed is still completely up in the air. Could be any of Sacred Heart, Air Force, or Bentley.

Comment

Saw this on Twitter (Hockey Commitments) little while ago.

Andrew Rinaldi (Wellington Dukes) has committed to Rochester Institute of Technology for 2019-2020
          RPI Engineers
          RIT Tigers
          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
            One missed the net...
            ...Bury the chances boys or its going to be another short playoff run...
            Somebody once said (I think it was Gretzky) that 100% of the shots you don't take don't score. RIT is proving the corollary to that: 100% of the shots that miss the net also don't score. They already out-shoot their opponents most of the time. If they just got half of the shots that miss the net on goal they'd have upwards of 35-40 shots a game sometimes. It's incredible the last couple years how many really good opportunities are shot wide or high by this team. I got a chance to see warm-ups last week for the first time in a long time. I was thinking that the sound of the shots banging off the glass might be deafening. Oddly enough, they really didn't miss all that often. What happens after the puck drops?
            Can't we all just get along?
            Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
              At this point I'm just going to say it, maybe I'm the only one who can. If RIT wants to do their players right, get out of the Atlanta. If it ain't been fix by now it's not going to happen. Best I can say is I have no faith in league leadership.
              The only option out of Atlantic Hockey right now is going back down to DIII, and that is not happening. RIT won't be able to put together a decent schedule as an independent, and neither Hockey East nor Big 10 are going to be looking to add the Tigers. While I agree that the league leadership leaves something to be desired, RIT is basically stuck. I don't see them going and making a new league.
              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2010 Frozen Four participant
              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                Somebody once said (I think it was Gretzky) that 100% of the shots you don't take don't score.?
                That was actually Michael Scott...Gretzky stole it from him.
                RIT Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                  The only option out of Atlantic Hockey right now is going back down to DIII, and that is not happening. RIT won't be able to put together a decent schedule as an independent, and neither Hockey East nor Big 10 are going to be looking to add the Tigers. While I agree that the league leadership leaves something to be desired, RIT is basically stuck. I don't see them going and making a new league.
                  Easy, one team leaves the ECAC and goes to Hockey East so that league
                  goes back to twelve, RIT moves into the ECAC, and Atlantic Hockey is happy to have ten instead of eleven.. I can dream. 😀

In other news SHU takes advantage of RIT losing to Niagara by beating AIC and leap frogging RIT. Going to need to bring it on Saturday.
                  RPI Engineers
                  RIT Tigers
                  ARMY Black Knights

Comment

College hockey is due for some tectonic shifts. Don't be surprised if they are announced sooner than later.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                      They only need one more team to create the Liberty League for hockey.

They already have Clarkson, RPI, RIT, St. Lawrence, and Union. (Not that most of those teams will want to leave the ECAC and Ivy schools...)
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                        College hockey is due for some tectonic shifts. Don't be surprised if they are announced sooner than later.
                        I would not be surprised if there are moves made in the west with Arizona State and the potential of UNLV.

An interesting thought for a conference I had was RIT, Mercyhurst, Robert Morris, Niagara, Canisius, Miami, and Bowling Green. Miami has been the big loser in the CCHA disbanding. Now they are a bottom feeder in the NCHA. I could see them wanting out. Bowling Green seems to make sense as well, but I don't know if they would want to leave WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                          Easy, one team leaves the ECAC and goes to Hockey East so that league
                          goes back to twelve, RIT moves into the ECAC, and Atlantic Hockey is happy to have ten instead of eleven.. I can dream. ��
                          I'm a little surprised Hockey East has not gone back to 12 teams.

Comment

Who would they take? They already grabbed UConn, and I suspect that was only because it's a huge state university that agreed to invest big bucks into their hockey program and already had a women's team in the league.

The possible candidates for addition are all either happy where they are or unable to offer enough investment to be competitive in Hockey East. I guess the most likely candidate would be Quinnipiac, but do they have any incentive to leave ECAC?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Here are the scenarios for RIT this weekend as far as I can tell:

To finish 4th, RIT needs to beat Canisius and AIC needs to beat Sacred Heart tomorrow afternoon.

To finish 5th, RIT needs a win or tie against Canisius or Mercyhurst needs to lose or tie one of its games against Robert Morris tonight or tomorrow.

RIT can still finish 2nd if they win tomorrow, but Bentley has to be swept by Army, Air Force has to be swept by Holy Cross, and Sacred Heart has to lose to AIC.

RIT can finish 3rd with a win and two of the above three happening.

Comment

Joe Bertagna has said he's happy to stay at 11 until there's the right fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X