Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2019: Every Year at Playoff Time, The Dodgers Find A Way to Choke.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2019: Every Year at Playoff Time, The Dodgers Find A Way to Choke.

I should probably waddle up to Wrigley at some point and see what the Rickets' makeover has done there... Like others have said, people love the nostalgia but holy crap was that place a Sh*t hole of a stadium 5 years ago....
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
      I should probably waddle up to Wrigley at some point and see what the Rickets' makeover has done there... Like others have said, people love the nostalgia but holy crap was that place a Sh*t hole of a stadium 5 years ago....
      I kinda look at arenas/stadiums like bars. Do you want one with all the bells and whistles and the cool kids? Or do you want one that is kinda run down, only the townies go there, and you can soak up nostalgia like no tomorrow? Sometimes it's the former, sometimes it's the latter.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        I kinda look at arenas/stadiums like bars. Do you want one with all the bells and whistles and the cool kids? Or do you want one that is kinda run down, only the townies go there, and you can soak up nostalgia like no tomorrow? Sometimes it's the former, sometimes it's the latter.
        The chicken wire "netting" on the concourse to catch the chunks of structural concrete that was falling from the second deck just added to the charm of Wrigley.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
          Fenway got immeasurably better when John Henry bought the team and fixed it up.
          Well all things are relative. Still a shlthola
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            Wrigley was a fun trip. Bathrooms are ok. We were never in the outfield though. It’s definitely worth a trip.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Wrigley was a fun trip. Bathrooms are ok. We were never in the outfield though. It’s definitely worth a trip.
              Did you p*ss in a trough though? That's the experience right there.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                The Metrodump had troughs (although iirc they were eventually replaced). For a while it seemed normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  The Metrodump had troughs (although iirc they were eventually replaced). For a while it seemed normal.
                  Huh. I dont remember them around 90 when I went to a game there. Then again I was eight, so my memories weren't really of where I peed at.

What I do remember is Kirby Puckett was lazy fielding grounders in pre-game warmups, and would just dig his toe into the turf and pop the ball into the air to catch it with his glove when it rolled onto his foot.
                  Last edited by aparch; 05-17-2019, 08:39 AM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    mookie recalls seeing videos of dudes belly flopping and sliding through those.... was that real? or a bad dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Even Mariucci had troughs.

The only time I come across troughs now is the state fair. A few of the old restroom buildings that haven't been updated yet.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        mookie recalls seeing videos of dudes belly flopping and sliding through those.... was that real? or a bad dream
                        Mookie needs to lay off the WorldStar HipHop website.

But to answer your question, I dont have a clue, but it sounds like something the bleacher bums would do when too much Old Style and heat stroke from sitting in the bleachers combine.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mV9UHYy8t0

here it is

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            Even Mariucci had troughs.

The only time I come across troughs now is the state fair. A few of the old restroom buildings that haven't been updated yet.
                            I think the Carrier Dome still has them. They are about to go through a major renovation, so I assume they will be no more soon.
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Mariucci still has troughs. They’re gross. I don’t use troughs, especially when I’m wearing shorts.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Mariucci still has troughs. They’re gross. I don’t use troughs, especially when I’m wearing shorts.
                                You know you're not supposed to wade in, right?
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X