Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Drew Melanson wins both the Most Improved and Unsung Hero Awards. Well deserved.

And the George V. Brown Most Valuable Player Award goes to Jordan Greenway!

Neither player here (of course).
    Last edited by Scarlet; 04-15-2018, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Co-captains Bobo Carpenter and Dante Fabbro
      Assistant Captains Chad Krys and Jake Oettinger

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Drew Melanson wins both the Mist Improved and Unsung Hero Awards. Well deserved.

And the George V. Brown Most Valuable Player Award goes to Jordan Greenway!

Neither player here (of course).
        Did they play Misty for RPI fans?
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Did they play Misty for RPI fans?
          Thanks Ralph! I fixed.

Comment

Greenway's first pro goal in tonight's Wild-Jets playoff game.
            https://***********/cjzero/status/985681822616047617
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Interesting : Quinn headed to Rangers Maybe? https://nypost.com/2018/04/15/champi...site%20buttons

Comment

• Originally posted by steven22 View Post
                Interesting : Quinn headed to Rangers Maybe? https://nypost.com/2018/04/15/champi...site%20buttons
                The writer needs to get his Chris Higgins’s straight.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  At some point something has to give. I went with my family to the Sox game today. We had right field “box seats” (as if that makes them sound great) which were about as far away from home plate as you could imagine. Face value was $60something before fees. Parking $35, beers $10.25 each (for what looked like about 7/8 the size of a normal beer). Sausage $10 each, lemonade $6 each, Cracker Jack $6. Easily $400 on the day.... probably closer to $500.. and it’s not like we splurged for amazing seats. I’m not sure how many people can do that repeatedly throughout the season we certainly won’t do it very often.
                  In general, college sports is a much much more affordable option.

BU basketball tickets, for example. BU hockey tickets are on the dearer end of college hockey, but still relatively inexpensive when a great seat costs less than half the cost to park in the Garden.

The huge decline in Beanpot attendance, over a three or maybe four-year span, falls in line with this. It was not that long ago that someone with two season tickets had trouble getting a third or fourth for the Beanpot. Now you can have your own 300-level section.

I was very disappointed to see that so few students took advantage of the ticket and bus for only $20 to go to the NCAAs in Worcester. Although we did have a row of "hockey cheerleaders" who gave their cell phones a real workout during the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                    Although we did have a row of "hockey cheerleaders" who gave their cell phones a real workout during the game.
                    And what the hell was up with that????? Since when does BU have "hockey cheerleaders"?? I hope that doesn't continue. Going to add that to my list of things to discuss with...someone. Oy.

Any thoughts on our 2018-2019 captains? I feel like there's rumors out there that the only one who might show up on campus for next season is Bobo. I hope that isn't the case.

Comment

I feel like there's rumors out there that the only one who might show up on campus for next season is Bobo. I hope that isn't the case.
                      Are there? I've not seen or heard any such rumors. In fact, most responses to Fabbro being named captain were that it further solidified the indication he was returning.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        Are there? I've not seen or heard any such rumors. In fact, most responses to Fabbro being named captain were that it further solidified the indication he was returning.
                        I can't recall where I thought I saw some offhand comment about Krys and Oettinger, if it was Twitter or not. And it could absolutely have been written by someone to stir up something. I do feel that they'll all be back, the only one I had a concern with was Fabbro. I happened upon his Twitter account last week and noticed neither his header nor his avatar were a photo in him in a Terrier uniform, and his little description didn't include any BU mention. I was wondering if it was a subtle way of saying he's outta here. Though it could just as easily be that he just isn't on Twitter and hasn't updated it. Then he was announced as captain on Sunday. However, being named a captain here and leaving school before the school year is not without precedence (not talking Eichel, someone else did that in the 90s-can't recall) so him being named captain isn't the one thing that would lead me to believe he's coming back. It does alleviate my concern quite a bit, though.

Comment

I can't recall where I thought I saw some offhand comment about Krys and Oettinger, if it was Twitter or not. And it could absolutely have been written by someone to stir up something. I do feel that they'll all be back, the only one I had a concern with was Fabbro. I happened upon his Twitter account last week and noticed neither his header nor his avatar were a photo in him in a Terrier uniform, and his little description didn't include any BU mention. I was wondering if it was a subtle way of saying he's outta here. Though it could just as easily be that he just isn't on Twitter and hasn't updated it. Then he was announced as captain on Sunday. However, being named a captain here and leaving school before the school year is not without precedence (not talking Eichel, someone else did that in the 90s-can't recall) so him being named captain isn't the one thing that would lead me to believe he's coming back. It does alleviate my concern quite a bit, though.
                          I don't follow Dante on Twitter, but from what I remember his account has been that way for a long time. The last time someone took a C then left early in the offseason was Strait, which by all accounts was VERY unexpected. I've not seen a single thing on Krys or Jake leaving that was anything substantive. In fact, the only other player besides Fabbro and Tkachuk I've seen mentioned in any reliable way was Farrance (oddly enough) but that was in an article that mentioned he very, very likely would return. Makes complete sense as he's in no way ready to turn pro.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            I don't follow Dante on Twitter, but from what I remember his account has been that way for a long time. The last time someone took a C then left early in the offseason was Strait, which by all accounts was VERY unexpected. I've not seen a single thing on Krys or Jake leaving that was anything substantive. In fact, the only other player besides Fabbro and Tkachuk I've seen mentioned in any reliable way was Farrance (oddly enough) but that was in an article that mentioned he very, very likely would return. Makes complete sense as he's in no way ready to turn pro.
                            I don't think Strait leaving was particularly unexpected. At Eric Gryba's birthday party the week after the championship game, he told me he wasn't sure if he would be back or not. I think people within the program were neither surprised nor unsurprised about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              At some point something has to give. I went with my family to the Sox game today. We had right field “box seats” (as if that makes them sound great) which were about as far away from home plate as you could imagine. Face value was $60something before fees. Parking $35, beers $10.25 each (for what looked like about 7/8 the size of a normal beer). Sausage $10 each, lemonade $6 each, Cracker Jack $6. Easily $400 on the day.... probably closer to $500.. and it’s not like we splurged for amazing seats. I’m not sure how many people can do that repeatedly throughout the season we certainly won’t do it very often.
                              I sat by Pesky Poke recently and during a day game about a few rows from the field the new screen if you sit on relatively at ground level you cannot see home plate well because the netting glistens in the sun. I notice from a higher level it’s not a problem with the netting. Besides the prices you’re dealing with people in front of you because they stand up too much and block your enjoyment of the game.

This one guy stood in front of me while I was trying to watch the game and was trying to get the wave going and people around were yelling for him to sit down and go away ⛳️
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

That place sucks. Yah yah history, but to try and watch a game it blows chunks
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X