Cord cutting - what service to buy after the cable co goes away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Has anyone ever done a thin client pc or server build?

Because I’d love to know if something like a raspberry pi could be used to setup an any-room dvr running off the HTPC in the basement in a future scenario.

Because I’ll admit, having a DVR both up and downstairs is kinda nice.
    I'll hang up and listen. I'm also intrigued with doing an HTPC / Plex server to stream movies and TV shows, but I dont know if I have the time to sit and rip my DVD and Blu Ray collections.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: Cord cutting - what service to buy after the cable co goes away

With all the Spiderman news grabbing headlines, Disney quietly announced it will not pay Amazon so Disney+ will not be on any Amazon Fire device (unless Amazon caves...)

Comment

I imagine it'll be on my Apple TV device. I'm pretty sure Apple only makes companies pay if the user signs up through their Apple IDs.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          I imagine it'll be on my Apple TV device. I'm pretty sure Apple only makes companies pay if the user signs up through their Apple IDs.
          I believe it's already been confirmed. It will be on every device (PS4, XBox, Roku etc) except Amazon Fire.

Comment

A few updates from D23:

The 12.99 bundle of Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu will have a few limitations. These don't sound too bad. Concurrently you'll be allowed 1 Hulu stream, 2 ESPN+ streams and 4 Disney+ streams.
            D+ has a whole slew of Star Wars and MCU shows on the slate. The headliner is the Obi-Wan Kenobi show starring Ewan McGregor that will be set 11 years BBY. There are other programs as well, including a Muppets return and a Lizzie McGuire show.
            Those D+ shows will be released weekly, rather than the Netflix binge method. I think this is a good way to do it as it will make the D+ shows "water cooler friendly" as you won't have to worry if everyone else in the group binged Stranger Things the weekend it came out. It'll also be a boon to the sizable Star Wars/Marvel YouTube community which will make endless hours of content recapping each show and speculating about future episodes.

Comment

See I dont think most people are going to watch the D+ shows outside the hardcores anyways. I dont see a lot of people who dont love Star Wars caring about the Obiwon Show or The Mandalorian. Hell I LOVE SW and I doubt I watch either show unless I binge them after the fact cause people I trust like them. I think Disney is spreading things too thin...though I agree going weekly is probably the smarter choice. (Star Trek: Discovery works well that way)
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

All the "extended universe" Star Wars stuff is for complete dweebs. The kind of fans who whine about the newer movies all being terrible and political/pandering to SJWs. I'm sure it'll be a nice, easy paycheck for Ewan McGregor though, he can mail it in just like the prequel movies.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  All the "extended universe" Star Wars stuff is for complete dweebs. The kind of fans who whine about the newer movies all being terrible and political/pandering to SJWs. I'm sure it'll be a nice, easy paycheck for Ewan McGregor though, he can mail it in just like the prequel movies.
                  Now THAT is how you troll

It will be fun to watch all the people who are excited about this stuff completely turn on it the second it deviates from whatever they think is the true canon in their head. Di$ney Wars is very polarizing in ways even the prequels werent. It is going to be must see TV to watch the fallout
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

You'll get none of that from me. It's their story, I'm just a consumer of the material.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

No one who posts on a college hockey forum is allowed to make fun of anyone, ever, for any reason.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        No one who posts on a college hockey forum is allowed to make fun of anyone, ever, for any reason.
                        What if you have a coworker come to work in a short sleeved polo shirt and a tie?
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Get 3 years of Disney+ for $141..

Just sign your soul over to the mouse now
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                              Get 3 years of Disney+ for $141..

Just sign your soul over to the mouse now
                              In order to get that deal you have to enroll in something called "D23". I don't know what that is, and I don't have much free time outside of the office to research it or know how much it costs.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                In order to get that deal you have to enroll in something called "D23". I don't know what that is, and I don't have much free time outside of the office to research it or know how much it costs.
                                It's Disney's version of ComiCon, and there is a free entry level membership tier which will get you the Disney+ discount.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X