This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movie Thread #50: Godzilla gives us permission to nuke our enemies

Yeah but you also liked Dark Phoenix (I am kidding)

I will probably see Spidey in a couple weeks with my buddy. (likelong Spidey fan) He isnt super excited for it though.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

In news that will surprise exactly no one: MoviePass suspended operations effective 5AM today. Mitch Lowe claims the suspension is temporary for a few weeks so it can update the app. Of course this doesn't hold any water since most companies just roll out a new app without bothering to interrupt service. If the service ever comes back, I'd expect it in September, after It 2 with another "suspension" in December.

I'm still a subscriber. The company is shady as hell, but the nearest AMC is over 100 miles away and Regal hasn't introduced a service yet (although it is coming!) so MP it is. Or was....

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Yeah but you also liked Dark Phoenix (I am kidding)

I will probably see Spidey in a couple weeks with my buddy. (likelong Spidey fan) He isnt super excited for it though.
        I did. He should be. Mysterio is incredible.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          If we just isolate Spiderman this movie stands alone at the top. It's the best done Spidey Villain in film. The action sequences were awesome. So, yes, I thought it was better than the "first" one. By a wide margin.
          I do like Tom Holland's portrayal of Peter Parker/Spiderman. He only has one more solo film (and 0 MCU films) left so I hope Disney and Sony can continue to play nice and extend his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            I did. He should be. Mysterio is incredible.
            He will be when he sees it...his gripes arent with Holland as Spidey but more with the Iron Man/MCU stuff. I think he would have liked Homecoming more if that had been tempered more. He also isnt a big Mysterio guy...

Spidey was probably the best part of Civil War and was awesome in Infinity War so even if he said he wasnt going I would see it at some point.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Fun In Balloonland

Tried watching it on what was basically a dare from a friend. 10 minutes in.....nope. Good lord it's horrible.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                Fun In Balloonland

Tried watching it on what was basically a dare from a friend. 10 minutes in.....nope. Good lord it's horrible.
                https://awfulmovies.m.miraheze.org/w...n_Balloon_Land
                Last edited by Kepler; 07-05-2019, 09:43 AM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Honkies have a sad.

I don't give a sh-t what color Ariel's skin is as long as she's a redhead.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Honkies have a sad.

I don't give a sh-t what color Ariel's skin is as long as she's a redhead.
                    Everyone knows they can’t swim....
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      Everyone knows they can’t swim....
                      It's the buoyancy.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Redheads?
                        Them too.

Mookie still upset at all the white women cast as faux-japs in you only live twice.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Honkies have a sad.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Honkies have a sad.
                            I had no idea how many middle-aged white dudes loved the children's cartoon...

Comment

They Shall Not Grow Old

Restored footage of WWI, voice actors doing the narrating/dialogue (but accurately), some footage is colorized.

Amazing. Must see.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                They Shall Not Grow Old

Restored footage of WWI, voice actors doing the narrating/dialogue (but accurately), some footage is colorized.

Amazing. Must see.
                                I HIGHLY recommend seeing not only this, but the accompanying documentary with Peter Jackson that shows how they did this. It was remarkable.

Comment

Working...
                                X