• Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    Does "roughed up" = concussion?
    Lower body injury, not concussion.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      So....a .500 (at best) team is chock full of guys who are going to go pro? No offense but when I watch the team play I'm not seeing too much in the way of NHL talent out there. I can see 1 or 2 guys but Krys for example? Okay.
      Agreed. Obviously Fabbro will leave after the season, but after him there's very solid cases to be made that all other skaters aren't ready to step into an NHL lineup. Of course that doesn't mean they'll all stay, that's unlikely.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

One hour until the saddest hockey game in the Universe.

If this game has to be played, how about we move it to Tuesday on campus? Home team (based on pre-tournament coin flip) gets home ice.

Play the Cubs Fan in net. Nothing to lose (Except their 5th straight hockey game...)

BU Hockey: Limping to the Finish Line
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
          One hour until the saddest hockey game in the Universe.
          Raise your hand if you have actually BEEN to this game....anyone? anyone? Bueller?
          (what a dreadful experience...there are more people at a practice...)

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
            Raise your hand if you have actually BEEN to this game....anyone? anyone? Bueller?
            *Crickets*

It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
              I saw the *end* of one once... the 1987 overtime game won by a Ken Hodge Jr. goal.
              Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                Play the Cubs Fan in net. Nothing to lose (Except their 5th straight hockey game...)
                Vinnie in goal.
                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  Here now. Mostly third and fourth lines playing.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

IMO, "must hear" interview...Bernie had Dave Starman on between the first and second periods. If you didn't hear it, go back to the website and listen to the replay. He said all the same things I've been saying for five years now. You need four-year players to win a national championship in today's game. Not only do the "stars" leave after one or two years, but the agents are constantly in their ears and winning is not the #1 priority. He said the "blue blood" schools are going to have to rethink the way they recruit.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      IMO, "must hear" interview...Bernie had Dave Starman on between the first and second periods. If you didn't hear it, go back to the website and listen to the replay. He said all the same things I've been saying for five years now. You need four-year players to win a national championship in today's game. Not only do the "stars" leave after one or two years, but the agents are constantly in their ears and winning is not the #1 priority. He said the "blue blood" schools are going to have to rethink the way they recruit.
                      What was Bernie’s response?
                      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                        What was Bernie’s response?
                        It wasn’t really a “response,” it was more of a conversation. They were in agreement.

Comment

This isn’t a black and white issue. Give me the right kids with highend skill for two years - plus good coaching, you can win.
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Meanwhile 5 in a row....

Remember when we were talking Power before the 5 game homestand? Heady times.

BU Hockey: Tailspin
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

I am hoping - hoping - that Albie is not BU's Cedor.

Comment

Maybe you should be. That opened the door for York to clean up the mess!

Comment

Working...
                                X