Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    She moves so fast and fluidly that it is hard to see her, you may want to go the the eye doctor.
    Most people mistakenly think you have to be very flashy to stand out while playing your position extremely well. The fact is you can be dominant without having to be flashy. Doing the little things consistently well with very few mistakes for 3 periods of hockey is one way to be a dominant player every time you step on the ice.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
      Most people mistakenly think you have to be very flashy to stand out while playing your position extremely well. The fact is you can be dominant without having to be flashy. Doing the little things consistently well with very few mistakes for 3 periods of hockey is one way to be a dominant player every time you step on the ice.
      D can be very dominate without being flashy.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

She moves so fast and fluidly that it is hard to see her, you may want to go the the eye doctor.
        Nope. I and Elwood Dowd both know Harvey is invisible.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Nope. I and Elwood Dowd both know Harvey is invisible.
          That’s funny. I think it went over people’s heads.

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
            That’s funny. I think it went over people’s heads.
            not everyone's

Comment

Looks like we're missing F's Ava McNaughton and Bella Vasseur on the 23-24 column on the spreadsheet per Elite Prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Looks like we're missing F's Ava McNaughton and Bella Vasseur on the 23-24 column on the spreadsheet per Elite Prospects.
                Those names are familiar, I guess I might have missed them.

I will add them later tonight. Thanks for the heads up.
                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                  Those names are familiar, I guess I might have missed them.

I will add them later tonight. Thanks for the heads up.
                  McNaughton is a goalie, you have her on the sheet. I don't know why I thought she was a F?!? Vasseur is new to me. Crum re-wteeted a tweet of hers then I did some digging.

Comment

McNaughton is a goalie, you have her on the sheet. I don't know why I thought she was a F?!? Vasseur is new to me. Crum re-wteeted a tweet of hers then I did some digging.
                    No need to dig too much to find UW commits. Just look at the Selects Academy (aka UW east) rosters.

Comment

U22 Summer series UW players who made the teams...S Shirley, Curl, Norby, Buchbinder.

I'm a little surprised Norby made it and Roque did not. Roque is a creative assist machine and Norby has not been as dominant in college as some would have hoped.

U18 Harvey and Webster made it, Simms did not.

Congrats to all who made it to the tryouts, the future us bright for all involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        U22 Summer series UW players who made the teams...S Shirley, Curl, Norby, Buchbinder.

I'm a little surprised Norby made it and Roque did not.
                        Is Roque too old?
                        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Other UW commit Vote, did not make the u18 camp??? odd as the only 2 from MA are both Harvard commits. IMHO BC commit Katie Pyne should have been at the camp. Really enjoy watching her at Nobles.
                          Last edited by MAHOCKEY FAN; 08-12-2019, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                            Is Roque too old?
                            I was wondering that as well. What is the cutoff (she has a 9/25/1997 birthdate)?
                            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                              I was wondering that as well. What is the cutoff (she has a 9/25/1997 birthdate)?
                              If 01's are considered 19, then 97 would be 23

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                Is Roque too old?
                                Would they invite her if she was too old?

Picard and Wheeler also made the Canadian U18 team. So it's Picard and Wheeler vs Harvey and Webster @ U18 and it's S Shirley vs Curl, Norby and Buchbinder.

Seeing Norby make the team makes me think she should play with Watts and Roque. Perhaps those 2 can unlock Norby and she'll have a monster year.

Comment

Working...
                                X