This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Compared to the 747? No. Compared to the 777 or 787? Pretty much.
    To tell the truth being in FC is better in a trip7

8 seats vs 14 so you have much more attentive service. On the flight to Haneda mookie had a j girl practically on his lap the entire 11 hours.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Travel Part 2 - Where ya headed?

Seeing a 747 parked next to a 380 was eye opening for the old eagle. Was like seeing a 57 parked next to a 747. The 380 is HUGE.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Mookie sees his A380 parked out front. No sign of Jennifer Anniston though to join him for a 5min shower
        John Travolta piloting?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          John Travolta piloting?
          Must be. Roy Halladay had to cancel.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
            Seeing a 747 parked next to a 380 was eye opening for the old eagle. Was like seeing a 57 parked next to a 747. The 380 is HUGE.
            The terminal next to ours was full of 747s. Huge machines and fun to watch. Then as I was watching flightaware I noticed an Emirates 380 was scheduled to take off. You could easily hear it before you saw it. I hadn’t seen one before. Just astonishingly large.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              The terminal next to ours was full of 747s. Huge machines and fun to watch. Then as I was watching flightaware I noticed an Emirates 380 was scheduled to take off. You could easily hear it before you saw it. I hadn’t seen one before. Just astonishingly large.
              Rode 2 today

One for 10hrs, then one for an hour.... up and down from dxb to kwi nearly took as long to get from A gates to C gates

Comment

Arriving at DCA around 7 PM in a couple of weeks. Can I take the Metro Blue Line into town, or am I better off lighting $30-40 on fire and taking an Uber/Lyft?

Comment

asked someone why emirates flew the 380 for an hour to bring mookie back. seems ALL airlines fly theirs here (or the kingdom) to fill up with cheap gas bring them in empty or on fumes, then load er up same with the 747s

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Arriving at DCA around 7 PM in a couple of weeks. Can I take the Metro Blue Line into town, or am I better off lighting $30-40 on fire and taking an Uber/Lyft?
                    Metro is unreliable right now. It breaks down on a regular basis with broken tracks and sparking insulatots and malfunctioning cars.

The SOB (Silver, Orange, Blue) line is very very bad. Think about the Yellow from DCA to DC. IIRC it's a short # of stops to L'Enfant Plaza and then Metro Center.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                      And it's an albatros to the company that owns it. I hate the **** things.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        And it's an albatros to the company that owns it. I hate the **** things.
                        Why?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          For the record Mookie will try to fly Emirates anytime he heads to Asia
                          Flew Emirates on Boston-Dubai-Singapore. Outstanding. Long flight in coach, but very doable.
                          Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                            Flew Emirates on Boston-Dubai-Singapore. Outstanding. Long flight in coach, but very doable.
                            what's 'coach'? that's the handbag company, no?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Why?
                              About 20 reasons. It's extremely costly. it takes special jetways, special concrete under where it taxis and parks, special boarding procedures, all kids of extra stuff. second, it's too big and flies empty a lot of the time. A lot of routes can't handle the capacity that it has and should have smaller planes. third, it's a maintenance hog. engines blowing up, wings bending and parts falling off, airplanes being taken out of service repeatedly for changes to parts to correct a design flaw. forth, though cost per seat mile is low, the overall cost is high. it burns a lot of gas, it has to have bigger space around it because it makes such a huge wake, it's a pain in the butt.
                              it's not a surprise that Airbus was about to quit producing it and only continued recently when they were able to sell a few at cost, or a bit below, to someone. They went quite a while with no orders because no one wanted it, Even with the price cut to the bone. Airlines are going for smaller planes flown more often on routes rather than bigger planes once in a while. That's why the 747 is going away and the A 350 is coming in.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                About 20 reasons. It's extremely costly. it takes special jetways, special concrete under where it taxis and parks, special boarding procedures, all kids of extra stuff. second, it's too big and flies empty a lot of the time. A lot of routes can't handle the capacity that it has and should have smaller planes. third, it's a maintenance hog. engines blowing up, wings bending and parts falling off, airplanes being taken out of service repeatedly for changes to parts to correct a design flaw. forth, though cost per seat mile is low, the overall cost is high. it burns a lot of gas, it has to have bigger space around it because it makes such a huge wake, it's a pain in the butt.
                                it's not a surprise that Airbus was about to quit producing it and only continued recently when they were able to sell a few at cost, or a bit below, to someone. They went quite a while with no orders because no one wanted it, Even with the price cut to the bone. Airlines are going for smaller planes flown more often on routes rather than bigger planes once in a while. That's why the 747 is going away and the A 350 is coming in.
                                Thanks.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X