Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NESN not on DirecTV? - Potential cancellation of UNH's DC event tonight

Originally posted by Rhett View Post
    If it's a college hockey crowd, that's the best guess, especially with no one picking up the UVM-UML game for TV.
    Well, I'll either be playing kickball or at The Exchange (our kickball league's sponsor bar) for UML-PC... assuming this NBCSN isn't a phantom event. Depends on how badly I want to play kickball.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

So the couple of people that went to PQST confirmed that they weren't booted for a specific event. The place was empty. So it seems like the most likely reasoning is that they don't have the Regional Sports Package anymore and protested too much/put the blame on DirecTV in their cancellation email.

They saw an office building across the street with one light on, illuminating a UNH jersey in the window. Nice touch wildcatdc.
      BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
      CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
      2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
      2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
        Well, I'll either be playing kickball or at The Exchange (our kickball league's sponsor bar) for UML-PC... assuming this NBCSN isn't a phantom event. Depends on how badly I want to play kickball.
        Ugh, not a big fan of The Exchange. They're my softball league's sponsor bar. Food is awful and expensive. There's nary a special to be found either.
        Last edited by Rhett; 01-12-2013, 08:58 AM. Reason: They're, Their, There... I need another coffee...

Comment

Ugh, not a big fan of The Exchange. Their my softball league's sponsor bar. Food is awful and expensive. Nary a special to be found either.
          As I said, I'll be there because if I don't go to the kickball game then everybody else I know will be there.

And, yes, that seems to be the consensus. I'm in decently with the staff there... But yeah, the food is mediocre... I kinda wonder if its like that on purpose... Being a half block from the WH and underneath the world bank and all

I'm not suggesting you show up. But I'm not ruling it out either.

----

I still find it unlikely that the screw up was so significant they couldn't fix it with a phone call. Nevertheless what happened happened.

I'd still say that finding a single designatable safe haven would be ideal. But that would require the various alumni orgs to band together
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
            I'd still say that finding a single designatable safe haven would be ideal. But that would require the various alumni orgs to band together
            I agree. If there's anywhere to put out an A.P.B., it's probably here. Maybe this deserves a fresh thread in order to draw in the other DC fans that are skipping this thread as "UNH drama that doesn't concern them".

Comment

So the couple of people that went to PQST confirmed that they weren't booted for a specific event. The place was empty. So it seems like the most likely reasoning is that they don't have the Regional Sports Package anymore and protested too much/put the blame on DirecTV in their cancellation email.

They saw an office building across the street with one light on, illuminating a UNH jersey in the window. Nice touch wildcatdc.
              Yes! That would be my hideout. Old-school white one.
              Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

How is a sports bar going to stay in business without the sports package?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  How is a sports bar going to stay in business without the sports package?
                  It's one of the great mysteries of our time.

Comment

It's one of the great mysteries of our time.
                    In their case "location".
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                    X