Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Possible Changes to Recruiting Rules

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...aign=editorial

i had read previously that softball was one of the driver for these changes...either the commitment happened before the rule change or we have our first violation!

CORRECTED: IF YOU WATCH THE WHOLE VIDEO, SHE COMMITTED BEFORE THE RULE CHANGE
    Last edited by MAHOCKEY FAN; 05-03-2018, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Re: Possible Changes to Recruiting Rules

According to an email my kid received this is not next year it is now...who knows definitively when these rules start? Below is the text from the email. I bolded the time frame in sentence number 1.

In Division I, new and very important legislation has been approved which takes place immediately.

1. Student-athletes may no longer meet with coaches or representatives of the college's athletics department on the school's campus prior to September 1 of the student's 11th grade year.

2. This means that there can be no "unofficial visits" that includes a meeting or even a greeting with the coaches. Also, no athletics department representative can arrange or organize a visit prior to September 1 of the student's 11th grade year.

3. Students may now begin taking their 5 "official" or paid visits to campuses beginning on September 1 of their 11th grade year. Previously, this began the first day of classes in the student's 12th grade year.

This is the first stage of rules changes that will have a dramatic impact on early recruiting. It also means that attending our Showcases or camps takes on an even greater significance. Do not hesitate! Sign up today!

If you want more information about these changes or have questions about how it might impact you or your daughter, please write to us.

Comment

Originally posted by used2lurk View Post
        According to an email my kid received this is not next year it is now...who knows definitively when these rules start? Below is the text from the email. I bolded the time frame in sentence number 1.

In Division I, new and very important legislation has been approved which takes place immediately.

1. Student-athletes may no longer meet with coaches or representatives of the college's athletics department on the school's campus prior to September 1 of the student's 11th grade year.

2. This means that there can be no "unofficial visits" that includes a meeting or even a greeting with the coaches. Also, no athletics department representative can arrange or organize a visit prior to September 1 of the student's 11th grade year.

3. Students may now begin taking their 5 "official" or paid visits to campuses beginning on September 1 of their 11th grade year. Previously, this began the first day of classes in the student's 12th grade year.

This is the first stage of rules changes that will have a dramatic impact on early recruiting. It also means that attending our Showcases or camps takes on an even greater significance. Do not hesitate! Sign up today!

If you want more information about these changes or have questions about how it might impact you or your daughter, please write to us.
        So how come there are 2023 commitments happening right now? Are the parents visiting the schools with their kids, meeting with the coaches alone, and then committing for their kids?

Comment

Originally posted by gotanytape View Post
          So how come there are 2023 commitments happening right now? Are the parents visiting the schools with their kids, meeting with the coaches alone, and then committing for their kids?
          No all communication goes through club coaches. Kids can visit campuses on their own and even attend hockey camps on campus run by college coaches, but coaches can’t have recruiting conversations with players while on campus. Phone calls can be arranged afterwards, though. It’s all done over the phone. New restrictions are supposedly coming that would mirror lacrosse recruiting rules. This would mean no communication between college coaches and players at all (phone, text, email, etc) until 9/1 of the player’s junior year. But again, club coaches would be able to talk to college coaches and get an idea of who is interested. Having a well connected club coach continues to be very important.

Comment

Working...
          X