X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I don't think Meryl Streep could have saved that steaming pile.
    "What would do you? Use one of your Jedi mind tricks on me?"
    "They only work on the weak-minded."

Oh, so not on an intellectual giant like her

Still one of my favorite jabs from the Rifftrack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I don't think Meryl Streep could have saved that steaming pile.
      Truth.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I saw A Quiet Place...it was alright. Not sure why all the hype though.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          I saw A Quiet Place...it was alright. Not sure why all the hype though.
          It's been a long time since we've had a really quiet movie. And the last one had a tiger on a boat.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            It's been a long time since we've had a really quiet movie. And the last one had a tiger on a boat.
            I guess but still listening to critics you would think this is Citizen Kane or something. It was enjoyable but still had some ridiculous plot points and a mediocre ending.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I guess but still listening to critics you would think this is Citizen Kane or something. It was enjoyable but still had some ridiculous plot points and a mediocre ending.
              The leads are both lousy actors but the concept and the bugs were interesting enough that it didn't matter; and the one girl's performance was excellent.

Dr. Mrs. & I were wondering how you could get a script that was seemingly randomly both very smart and very stupid, and the explanation is the actors took an original script being peddled by a writer team and then doctored it and dumbed it down, for the audience perhaps, but really for them. I'm sure they kept the demographic that way, but they could have made some really interesting choices.

Spoilers:

Like aborting the baby. Four lives put in danger by one screaming meemy. F-ck it.

This got even more ridiculous later with the Moses in the Bullrushes scenes.

The chick's brain just gets switched off midway through. It's like she's a functional human until she gets preggers enough and then she becomes a Vehicle for a Plot Device. Maybe this was a sophisticated remark upon the status of women in Dumpy 'Merica? (Looks at cast.) Or not. No, it was just lazy.

They almost got all the way through with no bang bang blam blam stupidity, then pussed out at the end. The "lock and load" stinger was a real betrayal of the whole premise: no traditional weapons work. Presumably the idea is the feedback interferes with their force field, but it would be simpler and more interesting if the feedback had simply killed them itself. Then no need for the ordinary slack jawed GUNZ, HURR DURR!!!! So more dumbness.

With all that it was still a solid B, which is way more than you have any right to expect from a contemporary movie that focuses on a family. It could have been even worse dreck. I'm looking forward to the writers' chance at creative control in their next film, which is already in casting, called Haunt.

And for f-cks sake, b-tch, hammer down that nail!
              Last edited by Kepler; 04-12-2018, 04:49 PM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I agree with all of that...I mean seriously how stupid and selfish are the parents? My lord..

Krasinski was fine but Blount was pretty awful.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

So, no more babies? Just let the human race die?

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    So, no more babies? Just let the human race die?
                    Figure out a safe way to control the babies' noise and don't endanger your other children.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Krasinski was fine but Blount was pretty awful.
                      Blount was a C-, Krasinski was his usual F. He's been awful ever since Jim.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        The last really good quiet movie I saw was "Hush" (2016) about a deaf/mute writer living in the woods. Suspense/horror. VERY well done.
                        According to imdb: Contains less than 15 minutes of dialogue, meaning that more than 70 minutes occur without a single word spoken.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Figure out a safe way to control the babies' noise and don't endanger your other children.
                          They had done that. The room had been as soundproofed as it could be and they had arranged to have the baby sleep in a box with an oxygen mask. It might have worked if not for the flood and the inquisitive monster.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            They had done that. The room had been as soundproofed as it could be and they had arranged to have the baby sleep in a box with an oxygen mask. It might have worked if not for the flood and the inquisitive monster.
                            Thanks for the spoiler alert.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Thanks for the spoiler alert.
                              Agreed. Although by the time I watch this movie, I'll have forgotten this detail. Doesn't change the fact that NO EFFING SPOILERS, YOU JERKFACE.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It isnt really a spoiler...trust me the overall plot is pretty predictable you can guess the story beats 20 minutes in advance.

As for the rest:

It isnt having to soundproof that is the issue, it is the fact that having the baby itself is guaranteed to create a lot of noise. I get it, they are sad because their kid got killed so they felt the need to endanger the rest of their kids by having another but still...the chances she doesnt get killed when going into labor are pretty small. They dropped a lamp in a basement and that was enough to cause all sorts of crap imagine a woman with no drugs or doctors giving birth in a complete unsterile and silent area. The amount of noise she would make and how easy it would be for the monsters to hear it would be off the charts. The parents were morons and Daddy deserved his stupid fate.

Honestly the kids are the best part of the story...
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X