Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    Haha. But you and I both know... lotta work to get back to those old days.
    Actually the kid that turned that corner was not boggie,.. it was Mower. And followed up by Krog and Conklin. Sprinkled in with Hayward and that big d man... escapes my toungue.

Comment

• What a fantastic experience coming to Belfast and watching our 'Cats...prob never would have visited and do want to return as there was so much we didnt see!! Glad too we ended on a high note and look forward to the next couple of games as we head into the break...Awesome to see other 'Cat fans here as well.

Not looking forward to the 7 hrs flight home amd the foot of snow that awaits but will def need the probable snow day on Monday!!!

And Blacki? If Maine ever comes to this tourney be sure to come. After seeing the night life here in Belfast I have a feeling you'd fit right in 😎
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Glad that our Cats added a W to the Giants Causeway for you, HR. :-)
        Yes!!! We talked about you there and how cool it must be for someone with your background to see such a sight...so glad we made the trek!
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• And one more thing? How cool was it that our own Ralph Cox was on hand to give Liam Blackburn his MVP award for the game!! Maybe someone can post the pic that appeared on Twitter as I have no clue how to
          do that 🙄
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            And one more thing? How cool was it that our own Ralph Cox was on hand to give Liam Blackburn his MVP award for the game!! Maybe someone can post the pic that appeared on Twitter as I have no clue how to
            do that 🙄
            So cool.

Comment

And one more thing? How cool was it that our own Ralph Cox was on hand to give Liam Blackburn his MVP award for the game!! Maybe someone can post the pic that appeared on Twitter as I have no clue how to
              do that 🙄
              I am jealous. 🙈

Comment

do that 🙄
                Also... not that am father of you. But there is snow storm expected tomorrow starting late in nh.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  No blowout, but critical goal scorers for UNH - important for Blackburn to finally find the back of the net and nice to see Engaras get his first...
                  After his first, I thought that even if we lose, I'll take it with Liam getting off the schneid. Happy for him.
                  I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by sonar View Post
                    Chuck: Here are parts of a post I made (01-3-2016).

[I]"Things got so bad last night as I watched the game that I had to get up and move around. I found a seat in the top row of the end zone with nobody around me. My experience from that viewpoint was interesting. Having the students there might have made a difference but without them it was downright depressing. Here is what I saw and perhaps more poignant here is what I felt ....."

"I felt like I was back attending one of those three ring circuses from my childhood days. All kinds of things happening at once and none of it connected to anything else. Noise, very loud music, contests of varying kinds, announcers selling stuff and opportunities, people waving thunder sticks instead of balloons, little kids running up and down the aisles, and a number of sullen adults looking like they couldn't wait to get out of there. The act in the center ring somehow seemed to be an add on .... not sure I can explain that .... it just felt that way."[I]

As you said in your post "... the arena atmosphere was never better than the early days at The Whitt - or before that, in the good years at Snively."

Of course we will never pass that way again .... as that is no longer the way many fans want it in athletic arenas .... and I guess that is there right .... as it is mine to complain about it :-(
                    Sonar,
                    I remember when you posted back then and I responded at the time - you caught the mood exactly - a brilliant post. And now we're trying new things as if they let loose the undergrads in the Marketing program to come up with some ideas.... any ideas: How about spotlights after every UNH goal (so we can't see what's going on or the fish). How about more old videos before our team intros (to break up the flow). How about more foolish TV and movie clips on the Jumbotron (so everybody looks there instead of the arena). Oh and let's turn the volume WAY UP (instead of fans making some noise).
                    You said after your post you were going to take a break - maybe I missed you but I'm glad you're back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                      After his first, I thought that even if we lose, I'll take it with Liam getting off the schneid. Happy for him.
                      He did score on two very similar plays - but my first thought was he may not score his second if he doesn’t score his first. His second goal was such a patient play to wait out the goalie while skating across the top of the crease. He looked like a goal scorer with the kind of confidence he may not have had a period earlier...

As much as it’s been talked about here - I’m sure he hasn’t been able to get his struggles off his mind for more than a minute or two the last month or so. That first goal must have been a huge weight off his shoulders. Hopefully this gets him going in a big (and consistent) way. If Engaras can also score on a semi-regular basis and UNH adds Pierson back to the mix then just like that they’re much deeper offensively than they were entering the weekend.

They really must have that (at least 26 and 16 - while they wait on 11) entering the upcoming, five-game stretch - where 5-0 is really a need now (Mack, Mack, Army, Yale, Brown) - before the schedule gets notably more difficult...
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        He did score on two very similar plays - but my first thought was he may not score his second if he doesn’t score his first. His second goal was such a patient play to wait out the goalie while skating across the top of the crease. He looked like a goal scorer with the kind of confidence he may not have had a period earlier...

As much as it’s been talked about here - I’m sure he hasn’t been able to get his struggles off his mind for more than a minute or two the last month or so. That first goal must have been a huge weight off his shoulders. Hopefully this gets him going in a big (and consistent) way. If Engaras can also score on a semi-regular basis and UNH adds Pierson back to the mix then just like that they’re much deeper offensively than they were entering the weekend.

They really must have that (at least 26 and 16 - while they wait on 11) entering the upcoming, five-game stretch - where 5-0 is really a need now (Mack, Mack, Army, Yale, Brown) - before the schedule gets notably more difficult...
                        Cats should be able to beat Army and Brown, as Bentley shut out both of them. Oh, wait....... :-)

Comment

Tempering the enthusiasm, Princeton ain't that good.

On the other hand... Eric MacAdams!
                          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                            Tempering the enthusiasm, Princeton ain't that good.

On the other hand... Eric MacAdams!
                            ...and we almost lost to em but I digress 🤣 But I think we were playing down to them and once we found our stride we did what we had to do. Anyone know owhat section Army shoots twice already thinking ahead to that one!!! And ditto on MacAdams glad he wasn't hurt.
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

...and we almost lost to em but I digress 🤣 But I think we were playing down to them and once we found our stride we did what we had to do. Anyone know owhat section Army shoots twice already thinking ahead to that one!!! And ditto on MacAdams glad he wasn't hurt.
                              Anyone driving over to Tate Arena?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                Anyone driving over to Tate Arena?
                                We are hence the q and know of several other making the trip too!
                                Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-01-2019, 04:34 PM.
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X