The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Okay, between my dad, my aunt, and my dad's church, we bought another year in the house. Good. However, it's just kicking the can down the road...
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
      The plan is to stay at Sam's while applying elsewhere. I have a few places in mind, but I don't plan on quitting Sam's to bank on these other places, if that makes sense.
      Not that anybody here needs the actual figures, but have you done the full math to figure out how the increased pay and decreased hours would impact your overall paycheck? If your net pay remains relatively stable, this might provide you the opportunity to find a job in addition to your current one. It all comes down to the details.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I'm going to put the job search aside for now. The Sam's Club membership coach found me in the lot, told me my name came up on recommendations for a vacant membership desk position, so we had an interview today.

The new position would come with more consistent hours and higher pay.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

I'm going to put the job search aside for now. The Sam's Club membership coach found me in the lot, told me my name came up on recommendations for a vacant membership desk position, so we had an interview today.

Nice! Congrats! And if you get it you'll get to be inside, though after roughing out the winter you've probably been looking forward to being out in the sun for spring and summer.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Maybe the membership coach reads this forum and they were scared of losing you . Seriously, congratulations. I'm sure it means that you've been doing a good job and they want to keep you.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              Nice! Congrats! And if you get it you'll get to be inside, though after roughing out the winter you've probably been looking forward to being out in the sun for spring and summer.
              And it would mean getting away from the cart train. I would have to learn how to sell Plus (advanced) memberships and the store credit card though.

Comment

hope it works out

Comment

A positive result: Dr. Mrs. Kepler was diagnosed with MS last summer. She was prescribed a medication and this week got her second set of MRI results back, establishing how she's responding. There's been no significant change. Her neurologist says this was the best possible result (you don't get better -- the idea is to stop it in its tracks) and if it holds she won't suffer additional deterioration (well, except we all grow old).
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    A positive result: Dr. Mrs. Kepler was diagnosed with MS last summer. She was prescribed a medication and this week got her second set of MRI results back, establishing how she's responding. There's been no significant change. Her neurologist says this was the best possible result (you don't get better -- the idea is to stop it in its tracks) and if it holds she won't suffer additional deterioration (well, except we all grow old).
                    Great to hear. My son-in-law has the progressive MS version. No remission, just a constant deterioration. It sucks.
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                      Great to hear. My son-in-law has the progressive MS version. No remission, just a constant deterioration. It sucks.
                      What have they tried? My wife is on Aubagio (teriflunomide). It's an oral and IINM is fairly new. Our insurance covers most of it and it's such a profit center that the manufacturer picks up the rest, so we pay nothing. By pure chance we lucked in to one of the best MS-expert neurologists in the DC area, and she is on top of the current research and prescribed it (and then stood off the insurer when they tried to weasel out).

It seems like MS is a highly individualized disease, so obviously your son-in-law may not respond, but with my wife at least it seems to have been 100% effective.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Great to hear! I'll be saying a prayer or two to my non-existent God for her for things to continue to go well.
                        Originally posted by Priceless
                        Good to see you're so reasonable.
                        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                        Very well, said.
                        Originally posted by Rover
                        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          hope it works out
                          I think it will. One thing about Sam's is that if you do your work quietly and effectively, they do notice you.

Fantastic news!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                            Great to hear! I'll be saying a prayer or two to my non-existent God for her for things to continue to go well.
                            I appreciate that. Personally, I am going to sacrifice my first-born son.
                            Cornell University

Comment

I appreciate that. Personally, I am going to sacrifice my first-born son.
                              Before you do that, go outside and check your bushes. There might be a ram you can offer up instead.

Comment

Before you do that, go outside and check your bushes. There might be a ram you can offer up instead.
                                We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Now get the lead out, son... God's not going to propitiate Himself.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X