Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    via the twitter...Oswego named #1 Broadcast Journalism school in the land,country that is,as/ collegemagazine.com......The crew at WTOP sure does a GREAT job...Congrats all around
    Cannons are being loaded in Syracuse.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Cannons are being loaded in Syracuse.
      and hopefully in Maine

Comment

Not sure when it was up but we have a "2019-2020 returning Roster" posted...8 dmen 14 forwards 3 netminders.....Ok addition... 25 players returning... probably...That said probably 4-6 coming in come the end of August....FYI 14 seniors for the upcoming season

Comment

Looked like D'Orazio & McArthur the only non-seniors who aren't returning. Makes sense with age + playing time last year.

D'Orazio is an interesting case because the coaching staff was so high on him during his freshman year. He scored 71 points during his final year in juniors (Was highest scoring player in OJHL that year to not go Div. 1) and the staff put him on the first line and PP units during his first handful of games. Just didn't translate to the next level.

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
          Not sure when it was up but we have a "2019-2020 returning Roster" posted...8 dmen 14 forwards 3 netminders.....Ok addition... 25 players returning... probably...That said probably 4-6 coming in come the end of August....FYI 14 seniors for the upcoming season

Comment

so with Potsdam schedule out we can assume that Whiteout Weekend is November 8th and 9th with Platty getting a rare Friday night tilt...I can only hope travel volleyball for my daughter does NOT interfer this year

Comment

Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
              Looked like D'Orazio & McArthur the only non-seniors who aren't returning. Makes sense with age + playing time last year.

D'Orazio is an interesting case because the coaching staff was so high on him during his freshman year. He scored 71 points during his final year in juniors (Was highest scoring player in OJHL that year to not go Div. 1) and the staff put him on the first line and PP units during his first handful of games. Just didn't translate to the next level.
              yea it happens,never know what jr's #'s will translate,I think Bruce had 30+ goals b4 Oz and didn't pan out,same with Clerc from this past yr ,he went to Potsdam had 4 goals in 8 games...never know.
              Last edited by bakdraft21; 06-07-2019, 08:04 AM.

Comment

same with Clerc from this past yr ,he went to Potsdam had 4 goals in 8 games...never know.
                He made an immediate impact on Potsdam.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  He made an immediate impact on Potsdam.
                  happy to hear

Comment

When did Coach Digby move to the Womens team?

Comment

Originally posted by oswegohockey12 View Post
                      Well, that's interesting...
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by oswegohockey12 View Post
                        Heard about this but not sure on the particulars...

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                          Well, that's interesting...
                          Well that's an understatement.
                          Oswego State 1980 Grad
                          (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Around a month til the students come back to campus and I believe the players will be back a little earlier as the team has a big European trip....I know we don't have many spot on the roster but man Coach Gosek is playing it close to the vest,have yet to see any Oswego recruits listed anywhere......Best of luck overseas Lakers...

Comment

Around a month til the students come back to campus and I believe the players will be back a little earlier as the team has a big European trip....I know we don't have many spot on the roster but man Coach Gosek is playing it close to the vest,have yet to see any Oswego recruits listed anywhere......Best of luck overseas Lakers...
                              I've no horse in this race, but I agree with you that it's quite odd that upon a cursory review of the commitment lists of the usual junior league suspects, not one Oswego recruit can be found! Which to me says that the few open spots will be filled by D1 or D3 transfers and bubble D1 players who are reluctant to announce until every last D1 option has been exhausted. (I note that the scoring leader in the NCDC just announced his commitment to Norwich.) Not a bad place for Oswego to be in I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                                I've no horse in this race, but I agree with you that it's quite odd that upon a cursory review of the commitment lists of the usual junior league suspects, not one Oswego recruit can be found! Which to me says that the few open spots will be filled by D1 or D3 transfers and bubble D1 players who are reluctant to announce until every last D1 option has been exhausted. (I note that the scoring leader in the NCDC just announced his commitment to Norwich.) Not a bad place for Oswego to be in I suppose.
                                That's what I was thinking but was to lazy to write it,you nailed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X