Farabee 1 year
    Mittelstadt 1 year
    Keller 1 year
    Jost 1 year
    Eichel 1 year
    Larkin 1 year
    Kunin 2 years (Pick 15)
    Schwartz 2 years (Pick 14)
    How many of these guys made an impact in their first two years in the show?
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      None are as "diminutive" (as I have heard others say) as Caufield. He gets 3 years. Turcotte seems like a sure fired 1 year guy. Holloway will probably be a 2 year guy, maybe 3.
      I'd be more surprised if Cole Caufield plays three years at UW than I would be if he's one-and-done. He's not like a better Besse; he's a top prospect. Alex DeBrincat played a full NHL season in his draft+2 year. Gaudreau did stay at BC for a 3rd year, but I think that's even further from Caufield's situation. (To be honest, I can't remember if Gaudreau was perceived as a flight risk after his sophormore year, but I would think so.)

Caufield already has more high-level experience than either of those two did when they were drafted, and he's more highly rated than those two were at the same age. (That's not to say "they" are saying he projects to be higher than real-life Gaudreau knowing what we know now -- I'm just comparing how pro clubs saw these players at this point in the process.)

What actually ends up happening this season and what the guy wants to do matter most, but in playing the guessing game, I'm not betting on C Caufield being a 3 year player.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
        I'd be more surprised if Cole Caufield plays three years at UW than I would be if he's one-and-done. He's not like a better Besse; he's a top prospect. Alex DeBrincat played a full NHL season in his draft+2 year. Gaudreau did stay at BC for a 3rd year, but I think that's even further from Caufield's situation. (To be honest, I can't remember if Gaudreau was perceived as a flight risk after his sophormore year, but I would think so.)

Caufield already has more high-level experience than either of those two did when they were drafted, and he's more highly rated than those two were at the same age. (That's not to say "they" are saying he projects to be higher than real-life Gaudreau knowing what we know now -- I'm just comparing how pro clubs saw these players at this point in the process.)

What actually ends up happening this season and what the guy wants to do matter most, but in playing the guessing game, I'm not betting on C Caufield being a 3 year player.
        The 3 years is just based on how "tiny" everyone says he is. If UW gets 2 I'll be really happy.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

If you get seven years combined out of those three you should be happy. Anything more is a bonus. Anything less I could see being frustrated.

Comment

Holloway's rights traded to Winnipeg in the WHL. They will be doing a full court press for the next couple months to change his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
              Holloway's rights traded to Winnipeg in the WHL. They will be doing a full court press for the next couple months to change his mind.
              He reiterated his commitment to UW per TdM, not that it's a slam dunk or anything.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

"The Colorado Avalanche are thrilled to select...from the US-NDTP & the University of Wisconsin.......Alex Turcotte!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=barWV7RWkq0

Blackhawks....you better not ****ing touch him!
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Chi town here he comes

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                    Chi town here he comes
                    Bo, I'm actually expecting that. Local kid, Blackhawks fan, Patrick Kane is his man....Cinderella story kind of like Edzo in 1984.
                    I DO see the Blackhawks getting better with young Jeremy Colliton, but as an Avs fan, it sucks for me!

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Unless there's something we don't know about Alex physically, which I don't think there is, Chicago would be dumb to pass on him. IMO he's easily the 3rd best player in the draft, even though I see mocks with him in Detroit or even further down. He's a #1 C that does everything for you. You can't put a high enough value on that kind of player. Guys like Bergeron and Pavelski that do it all, they're pretty hard to come by, and not surprisingly, their teams have done pretty well behind them in today's game.

We'll find out soon, plus we'll see just how much value the scouts have finally put on King Cole. I was a skeptic a year ago but he sold me this last year. Kid is unbelievable. LA should definitely pull the trigger on him.
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                        Unless there's something we don't know about Alex physically, which I don't think there is, Chicago would be dumb to pass on him. IMO he's easily the 3rd best player in the draft, even though I see mocks with him in Detroit or even further down. He's a #1 C that does everything for you. You can't put a high enough value on that kind of player. Guys like Bergeron and Pavelski that do it all, they're pretty hard to come by, and not surprisingly, their teams have done pretty well behind them in today's game.

We'll find out soon, plus we'll see just how much value the scouts have finally put on King Cole. I was a skeptic a year ago but he sold me this last year. Kid is unbelievable. LA should definitely pull the trigger on him.
                        I guess Colorado needed a big defenseman more than a top center. Too bad Turcotte is heading for one of the worst franchises in the NHL. ****.

Apparently some of these franchises have not learned that size doesn't matter these days.
                        Last edited by MadCityRich; 06-21-2019, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Rich is it good or bad as a badger fan he went to the Kings?
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                            Rich is it good or bad as a badger fan he went to the Kings?
                            They're rebuilding with a new coach. That might point towards starting young with some veterans mixed in. I wanted to see Alex in CO because #1, Im an Avs fan and #2, they're loaded up front and might have waited for him to develop and grow.

ALL BETS are on the table now....I don't like it as a Badgers fan.

Comment

I kind of like it because I gotta believe Luc Robitaille is going to trust his old King's teammate, Tony Granato, with his guy as much or more than anybody else.
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                I kind of like it because I gotta believe Luc Robitaille is going to trust his old King's teammate, Tony Granato, with his guy as much or more than anybody else.
                                That's possible Wisco, but it's a business. Luc might not give a ****.

With this upcoming trade, I hope Caufield doesn't end up in AZ.

EDIT: Nope! Maybe he'll be close to home in Saint-Paul.

EDIT: Nope! Caufield is dropping like a rock in thin air.
                                He was ranked as high as #8 and he's still sitting.

#14 Philly is on the clock. Will he go there? #15 Montréal? #16 My Avalanche?
                                Last edited by MadCityRich; 06-21-2019, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X