WCHA Conference: The 2019-20 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA Conference: The 2019-20 Season

Bemidji has some talent, knuckled out a win against Wisco at home last year. I agree, they will need stellar goaltending to make any noise this year. OSU players are on edge, as soon as they start losing it will be a free fall. UMD has too much firepower to not take 3rd, even with Roggie out. If Rooney shows up this year I say they pass the goofheads for second, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciscokid View Post
      Bemidji has some talent, knuckled out a win against Wisco at home last year. I agree, they will need stellar goaltending to make any noise this year. OSU players are on edge, as soon as they start losing it will be a free fall. UMD has too much firepower to not take 3rd, even with Roggie out. If Rooney shows up this year I say they pass the goofheads for second, at least.
      OK, now that is an interesting viewpoint. I kinda buy the Muzzy theory. MJ and Frosty are steady as they got types, my perception of Muzzy is she's a bit of a fireball.

Rooney definitely showed last year that a goalie does not make a team. It had to be weird mentally that she went from playing on the biggest possible stage with only a focus on hockey to back being a student athlete playing with and against college hockey players again instead of professionals.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Watt is like getting no love at all. It's like she played in the CHA or something.

I don't like the 3 on 3. It's not real hockey. I say 20 minutes of 5 on 5 then call it a draw.
        LOL, that's what you have been saying for the past two years

look on the bright side of the 3 on 3, at least it might prevent the SO

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
          LOL, that's what you have been saying for the past two years

look on the bright side of the 3 on 3, at least it might prevent the SO
          EZAC and Hockey Eazy conferences > CHA.

Good point on the 3 on 3....I would love to see UW or UM play a wwcha bottom feeder 3 on 3. I doubt the bottom feeder even tries to carry the puck out of their D zone for fear of getting torched on the re-entry. They'll just 4 goalie it up and hope not to get scored on.

Comment

EZAC and Hockey Eazy conferences > CHA.

Good point on the 3 on 3....I would love to see UW or UM play a wwcha bottom feeder 3 on 3. I doubt the bottom feeder even tries to carry the puck out of their D zone for fear of getting torched on the re-entry. They'll just 4 goalie it up and hope not to get scored on.
            The Gophers have traditionally struggled winning the extra point when it's boiled down to a shootout. I have to think that, with all of their (promising) offensive talent, coupled with a more experienced D-core, the new 3 on 3 OT will help them come out on top in most of those overtime games. The key to winning those extra 3 on 3 OT periods seems to be being able to generate and capitalizing on those 2 on 1 breaks, without leaving themselves vulnerable when the 2 on 1 offensive chance fizzles.
            Last edited by D2D; 09-18-2019, 09:12 PM.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

120 Women's WCHA Games Live On FloHockey
              https://www.flohockey.tv/articles/65...m_medium=email

Looks like both of the Minnesota/Colgate games this weekend will be streamed.
              https://www.flohockey.tv/events/6534...ockey/schedule

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                Bemidji might surprise this year. Solid core of veteran players and some scoring punch. Can they compete with UMD and OSU for the 3rd spot?
                Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
                If Bemidji's goaltending is stellar, they'll have a chance to surprise for third place. As always they'll start with a defensive mindset and hope to force low scoring games in which either team has great chance going into the final minutes.
                Originally posted by Ciscokid View Post
                Bemidji has some talent, knuckled out a win against Wisco at home last year. I agree, they will need stellar goaltending to make any noise this year.
                Based off the first couple of periods vs Providence, Brittni Mowat is still missed in Bemidji.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Watching the Ohio State video stream of the game today, Wisconsin was playing somebody name Kelsey Campbell in goal. I'm hoping that's Kristen's younger sister, who has many years of eligibility remaining, because she was really good!

--------------

Also, has the WCHA flipped the uniform colors; who wears white and who wears other? Last week at home, Wisconsin wore red and then today at Ohio, Wisconsin wore their white 'motion W' jerseys. Opposite of what it 'should' be.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    Based off the first couple of periods vs Providence, Brittni Mowat is still missed in Bemidji.
                    Goaltending is struggling at the same time the offense isn’t scoring and that’s not a good combo. Add in a few early-season injuries to key players and it’s a tough start to the season.

Comment

No surprise which player was named the league's "Forward of the Week".

http://www.wcha.com/women/articles/2...f-the-week.php

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        No surprise which player was named the league's "Forward of the Week".

http://www.wcha.com/women/articles/2...f-the-week.php
                        These awards are so stupid, one could make a case for any number of F, D or G each week. It's just a nice rah rah participation ribbon. I'm shocked they have started a Sr, Jr, So and Fr of the week as well.

Comment

These awards are so stupid, one could make a case for any number of F, D or G each week.
                          It would have been far more credible if you'd said that two weeks ago when three of the winners were Badgers.

Comment

It would have been far more credible if you'd said that two weeks ago when three of the winners were Badgers.
                            I thought it was dumb then too, I just didn't have the thought to post it. I have no idea who the players of the week are this week. Are you telling me they AREN'T Badgers!? I don't pay much attention to all the wwcha rah rah promos.

Comment

I thought it was dumb then too...
                              Are the choices arbitrary at times? Yes. Does it seem like the awards are often based on raw numbers without taking into account the caliber of the opponent? Sure. But at least they're making an attempt to give some kids a little recognition, something that is sadly lacking for most of them. By the time Frank Kaminsky or Jonathan Taylor leaves Madison, seemingly every sports reporter in the country has gushed about them. Is it so bad for there to be a vehicle where at least the league office sends out an announcement saying some women's WCHA players had a nice weekend?

Comment

Are the choices arbitrary at times? Yes. Does it seem like the awards are often based on raw numbers without taking into account the caliber of the opponent? Sure.
                                That's why I don't like them. And in reality, they try and spread the love around from watt I recall in the past. Do they players really care anyway? That award doesn't do a thing for them in the big picture and they are probably not numb to reality that if a Mav gets one over a UW, UM or OSU player it was a bit of a spread the love around call more than anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X