This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: One Person's Trash...

Who is Dave Chappelle and why do I care?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      He was the Achoo in Robin Hood Men in Tights
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        The dude that got run over by the plane in Con Air
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Here? In Sherwood Forrest?!?
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            Kep, I did a little more reading into Chappelle's more recent specials, including this one. They've included disgusting, bigoted, anti-trans attempts at "humor." If calling him a bigot makes me an "SJW," so ****ing be it.
            This may be a function of my individual perspective (supportive of lbgtq persons but not one myself), but after I watched Sticks and Stones three or four nights ago I was left with the feeling that lgbtq persons have a friend in Dave Chappelle. I remember this, because Mrs. burd, who was also offended at some of his jokes, and I discussed that question.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              This may be a function of my individual perspective (supportive of lbgtq persons but not one myself), but after I watched Sticks and Stones three or four nights ago I was left with the feeling that lgbtq persons have a friend in Dave Chappelle. I remember this, because Mrs. burd, who was also offended at some of his jokes, and I discussed that question.
              He basically said what MT said a month or so back...that lgbtq are all fighting for the same thing they just dont work together. The "Ls" dont like the "Gs"...they both hate the "Bs" and everyone seems to resent the "Ts".
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

He basically said what MT said a month or so back...that lgbtq are all fighting for the same thing they just dont work together. The "Ls" dont like the "Gs"...they both hate the "Bs" and everyone seems to resent the "Ts".
                And in doing that, I think his intent was to show they are no different from you or me in that we are all labelers who have difficulty relating to others who are different to some degree. I'm not very familiar with Chappelle's work, so I might very well be wrong.

Comment

"White men can't jump."

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    And in doing that, I think his intent was to show they are no different from you or me in that we are all labelers who have difficulty relating to others who are different to some degree. I'm not very familiar with Chappelle's work, so I might very well be wrong.
                    That is an interesting take, never thought of it like that, but you could be right. Chappelle just dissects every thing to its base, and puts it in humor form. I agree that the majority all lump the LGBT movement together into one big group, but that is probably not the case.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Detour off chapelle if that’s allowed.
                      On becoming a god in central Florida sure is interesting. Dunst is really really good. And I’ve finally seen a version of Alexander skarsgard that I would not bang.

Comment

I should mention I did finish the first season of American Gods. The tv series is a whole new level of detail of being graphic, compared to the book. That is saying something. However, I am absolutely enthralled with all the characters and the story once again. If this were streaming instead of just on disc, I'd have burned through anything that was offered.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Solid suggestion on STICKS & STONES.

That set was a deep dissection of the US looking in the mirror at this point in time. It wasn't wet yourself, out of breath laughter. It was several "ha ha" moments abruptly followed by "oh sh*t! He has a point" moments. If you want to know where we stand as a society right now, watch this and then have a serious discussion about what makes the jokes happen. It's eye opening
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

That set was a deep dissection of the US looking in the mirror at this point in time. It wasn't wet yourself, out of breath laughter. It was several "ha ha" moments abruptly followed by "oh sh*t! He has a point" moments. If you want to know where we stand as a society right now, watch this and then have a serious discussion about what makes the jokes happen. It's eye opening
                            This part. All the yes.

And agreed on having a discussion. That it what makes me love this special.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Agreed. It was a intelligent piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Detour off chapelle if that’s allowed.
                                On becoming a god in central Florida sure is interesting. Dunst is really really good. And I’ve finally seen a version of Alexander skarsgard that I would not bang.
                                I really like Kirsten Dunst (Mary Jane Watson, *swoon*) and want to see this series, but not sure if I want to jump into it yet.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X