X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The List for the 2018-19 Season: Episode 1

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Doing a Habitat for Humanity build. The Anti-list
    Rolling up and seeing a sod truck and a dump truck just delivering your work for the day. The List
    Burning 5,500 calories doing landscaping. The Anti-list
    Waking up the next morning. Oh my god The List

I hated sod days back in my landscaping years.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Yeah according to Fitbit, fwiw, this was the most energy I’ve burned in a day since I started wearing a tracker.

I don’t know how people do this every day.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yeah according to Fitbit, fwiw, this was the most energy I’ve burned in a day since I started wearing a tracker.

You get used to it. By mid-summer it wouldn't be much of an extra physical effort to lay the sod - only about 40lbs per roll. The problem was making sure each roll was abutting the ones next to it, and then cutting in the small areas - knives go dull quick and deep cuts on fingers aren't rare.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

My oldest & family are living with us in between houses. They have a 2 year old.

Baby Shark makes The List.
          Last edited by joecct; 10-31-2018, 02:16 PM.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

No open treadmills so having to use an elliptical and remembering the hard way those do not use the same muscle groups is on The List.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I helped move Jup (GPL) this year. Hauling boxes, etc. He was wondering the same thing. I simply said, "This is what I do every day. Load 20-25 lb boxes (avg) onto a pallet, 300-350 times. That's my day." You get used to it. Helps your figure, too. There are times I cannot sit still for a bit, simply because I'm used to expending that energy.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                I helped move Jup (GPL) this year. Hauling boxes, etc. He was wondering the same thing. I simply said, "This is what I do every day. Load 20-25 lb boxes (avg) onto a pallet, 300-350 times. That's my day." You get used to it. Helps your figure, too. There are times I cannot sit still for a bit, simply because I'm used to expending that energy.
                lilnsl loads meat off pallets all day. He has the most amazing musculature. He thinks nothing of it now but when he started he was sore as can be.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Baby Shark makes The List.
                  Johny Johny?
                  Yes papa?
                  Spreading earworms?
                  No papa.
                  Telling lies?
                  No papa.
                  Open your mouth.
                  MAKE IT STOP.
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

It's not only conditioning. It's so easy to do heavy work inefficiently, even the most basic stuff. You learn ways not to fight what you are lifting or moving, and when it's repetitive, all that adds up.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      lilnsl loads meat off pallets all day. He has the most amazing musculature. He thinks nothing of it now but when he started he was sore as can be.
                      My brother did construction for the Army Corp of Engineers one summer and it is amazing the musculature that changes and develops. He was in his late teens/early 20s at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                        My brother did construction for the Army Corp of Engineers one summer and it is amazing the musculature that changes and develops. He was in his late teens/early 20s at the time.
                        Obv ewe has met me, knows me. I'm (c) melmac a "skinny-arse Mick."

This is the best explanation, although the character is IIRC Welsh:
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN7r7nk0-zc
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Work told me this is the plan:

"If it's to be, it's up to me."

Basically, if I am to come out, it has to be on me. HR can support and clean up, but I need to show some leadership here. As for bathrooms, just tell them when I decide to use the women's room.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Coworker runs around, telling everyone our place of employment is bad and encourages them to leave. The fact he's not following his own advice is on The List. If it's that bad, dude, retire already.

Marathon training with a new attitude is on the Anti-List. No longer about the data, it's about having fun and seeing what I can really do.

Having a new-ish car finally is on the Anti-List. Persephone is a white Chrysler Town & Country, and it's the sweetest ride I've ever had.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

People yelling at me, alleging that I'm doing my job wrong, when they have no idea what they're doing or what they're talking about goes on The List. We provide technical support to your team, and you don't know how to update a hyperlink within a Word doc for the updated application location, that does not mean my team did its job wrong. (That doesn't mean we did it correctly either, but at least we're not wrong about which you're attacking us.)

Comment

Not being able to sleep past 5:30A when I can sleep way later is on the List. So aggravating.
                                Listening to someone sniff...sniff...sniff...., repeat, repeat, repeat- incessantly is on the List. Blow your gorramn nose! Every week comes for dinner and I listen to this. Like a little pebble in my shoe. By the time they leave I am ready to stab someone in the eye with a fork.
                                On the anti-List getting what I need to get done early enough I can relax this evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X