Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIT 2010-11: What do Tigers dream of?

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
    A couple oddities I've noticed:

1) They're starting the construction in October and ending in April. That seems a bit backwards; wouldn't it make more sense to start it after hockey's done for the year and have it finished before it starts up again?

Powers &8^]
    They probably dont want construction during brick city. The biggest factor in starting so late would probably be the Global Village project running late. It looks like they may get the last few bricks laid as alums and such are walking on them. Thant and RIT deciding to rip up a good chunk of campus to do random little things over summer.
    Last edited by Loki; 09-28-2010, 12:34 PM.
    "I couldn't be more impressed with the student body . They had fun and had many chants but they lacked venom."

Comment

>>>>> RIT 2010-11: What do Tigers dream of? <<<<<

Komey,

You forgot the >>>>> <<<<< bracketing of the thread title. Now it takes me forever to find the Tigers Thread.

Lots of offensive firepower coming back and coming in. Scoring goals shouldn't be a worry at this point. Like everyone else my worry is the D and the goalie.

I'll venture a guess that Watson and Madalora share duties until one of the establishes dominance. Both bring good resumes with them. Madalora a backup on a championship USHL team, and Watson as a frontline goalie in the BCHL. Statistically he was top 5 over the season with 2.27 gaa in a offense minded league.

We should have some preliminary answers by the end of October. Just remember the lessons of last year. It's not how you play in October or November. It's how you play in March that makes history.
      John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
      AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
      AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
      NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
      NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
      NCAA DII - 1983
      NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Newsworthy In the "First Tiger in the NHL" race, it looks like Chris Tanev will be starting the season with the Canucks' AHL affiliate, the Manitoba Moose:

http://www.news1130.com/sports/artic...-reduce-roster

DeMike will be with the Caps' Hershey Bears:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/cap...ted-train.html

Steve Pinizzotto may or may not end up with the Bears but, as of this post, I am unable to find any mention of him being assigned to Hershey, so I'm assuming he's still in the Caps training camp. He even got in a fisticuff with the Predators' Kelsey Wilson this past Saturday in preseason play.
        The Rochester Institute of Technology
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RITAbe View Post
          Newsworthy In the "First Tiger in the NHL" race, it looks like Chris Tanev will be starting the season with the Canucks' AHL affiliate, the Manitoba Moose:

http://www.news1130.com/sports/artic...-reduce-roster

DeMike will be with the Caps' Hershey Bears:

Steve Pinizzotto may or may not end up with the Bears but, as of this post, I am unable to find any mention of him being assigned to Hershey, so I'm assuming he's still in the Caps training camp. He even got in a fisticuff with the Predators' Kelsey Wilson this past Saturday in preseason play.
          Technically, they are only competing in the Moose / Bears camps so far. The AHL camps contain a lot of guys filling the rosters until the season starts and the final cuts from the NHL teams come down. A fair number of them end up in the ECHL. I would imagine Tanev has a good shot to stay up in Manitoba, while DeMichiel's road may be a bit tougher with the Caps so loaded at goaltender... but you never know.
          Can't we all just get along?
          Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

2) Handicapped stalls in the locker rooms' rest rooms?
            Powers &8^]
            May be an ADA law...
            Also, they may host sled-hockey games / tournaments at some point.
            Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by RITAbe View Post

Pinizotto is listed in Group C, and will probably be in Hershey. Probably needs to try to be a physical presence inorder to stick with the Caps. Discussion in the Caps/Bears blogs has given him an outside/long shot.
              John Nabors

NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
              NCAA DII - 1983

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                They probably dont want construction during brick city.
                Brick City is right at the start of hockey season. If they aimed to have construction done before hockey season (and I'm talking about the 11-12 season here), it'd be done before Brick City.

As it is, they're going to be starting construction around Brick City time and continuing it throughout the hockey season. The big question, then, is when they're going to find time to knock down walls and connect the new construction to the existing locker rooms.

Powers &8^]

Comment

I Think the work will finish after the season is over. The project is scheduled to finish in April and as all projects at RIT it will finish late.

Brick City is right at the start of hockey season. If they aimed to have construction done before hockey season (and I'm talking about the 11-12 season here), it'd be done before Brick City.

As it is, they're going to be starting construction around Brick City time and continuing it throughout the hockey season. The big question, then, is when they're going to find time to knock down walls and connect the new construction to the existing locker rooms.

Powers &8^]
                  Warning: I'm Loud and Obnoxious at Hockey Games!

"With the lights out in the arena moments before players skated onto the
                  ice, Cornell supporters began a 'Let's Go Red' chant that was tersely
                  drowned out by RIT fans in the boisterous crowd of 5,142." The Ithaca Journal.

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                    Pinizotto is listed in Group C, and will probably be in Hershey. Probably needs to try to be a physical presence inorder to stick with the Caps. Discussion in the Caps/Bears blogs has given him an outside/long shot.
                    Along those same lines, our old pal Carl Hudson has failed his physical and will NOT be joining the Amerks in camp. As the commenter said, maybe if he played cleaner, he wouldn't have hurt himself.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...p-minus-Hudson

Comment

Can someone explain the rationale for spending $3.5 million on locker rooms? Why not just save the money and put it towards a new arena. We need more seats, bathrooms, bigger ice, etc...
                      RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by RITTechie View Post
                        Along those same lines, our old pal Carl Hudson has failed his physical and will NOT be joining the Amerks in camp. As the commenter said, maybe if he played cleaner, he wouldn't have hurt himself.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...p-minus-Hudson
                        Interesting, huh? I read all about that on the Amerks threads. Seems like there's something odd going on there. He claims two doctors have cleared him to play while the Panthers say he needs surgery that they aren't on the hook for because it happened while he was at Canisius. It's too bad, too. He actually brought a desperately needed physical presence (albeit maybe not the cleanest) to a previously weak Amerks defense. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mania View Post
                          Can someone explain the rationale for spending $3.5 million on locker rooms? Why not just save the money and put it towards a new arena. We need more seats, bathrooms, bigger ice, etc...
                          I've been wondering the same thing.
                          If they're talking to any potential donors for the new arena, aren't they going to turn to RIT and ask: "Why do I have to pony up another 3.5 million that YOU just spent renovating an arena you had no intention of staying in?"
                          Maybe they're not looking at a new arena as much as we'd all hope and like to think they are.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                            I've been wondering the same thing.
                            If they're talking to any potential donors for the new arena, aren't they going to turn to RIT and ask: "Why do I have to pony up another 3.5 million that YOU just spent renovating an arena you had no intention of staying in?"
                            Maybe they're not looking at a new arena as much as we'd all hope and like to think they are.
                            I had the same question when this was originally announced last winter. Why invest money in a facility that you want to replace. Based on the discussion at that time, the addition is being paid for out of RIT funds, not special fundraising efforts. Also, it is not just for use by Hockey. That fact alone made it a lot more sensible to me.
                            John Nabors

NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                            NCAA DII - 1983

Comment

Originally posted by Mania View Post
                              My understanding is that these facilities are being built with the future in mind. Basically the way it was explained to me from someone in athletics is that they designed the locker rooms such that when (if) the hockey teams ever leave Ritter Arena the new facilities will be used by the RIT Soccer Teams and other teams using the Fields near D-lot.
                              RIT Tiger Hockey
                              Cinderella is dancing again!

Comment

Originally posted by dpm105 View Post
                                My understanding is that these facilities are being built with the future in mind. Basically the way it was explained to me from someone in athletics is that they designed the locker rooms such that when (if) the hockey teams ever leave Ritter Arena the new facilities will be used by the RIT Soccer Teams and other teams using the Fields near D-lot.
                                ...perhaps during an all-out DI push? One has to wonder.
                                KBranch

Comment

Working...
                                X