Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brexit - Should I stay or should I go??

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    If a no-deal Brexit occurs, which most think unlikely, the British economy is expected to tank ~9-10% this year. Their economy is so entwined in the global economy that it would wind it say throughout the world and send other economies spiraling. It's not wise to be so blasé about this situation.

The *good * scenarios, a Brexit with a deal, expects to shrink the British economy by ~3-4%.
    Stiggin' it!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Brexit vote today failed.

Good bye, British economy. It was nice knowing you.
      Conservatives are pathologically stupid
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Brexit vote today failed.

Good bye, British economy. It was nice knowing you.
        Ouch.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

May keeps saying if her deal is rejected Parliament risks "no Brexit." Does she mean "No deal Brexit" or that there will be no Brexit at all? She can always say the 2016 vote was just an advisory question and was never legally binding, then send a letter to the EU saying the UK wants to cancel Article 50.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            May keeps saying if her deal is rejected Parliament risks "no Brexit." Does she mean "No deal Brexit" or that there will be no Brexit at all? She can always say the 2016 vote was just an advisory question and was never legally binding, then send a letter to the EU saying the UK wants to cancel Article 50.
            No deal. Pack your bags and leave. 23 skiddoo.

The UK and the EU will have customs/visas/immigration, etc., just like we do with Canada.

May they live in interesting times.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Good bye, British economy.
              ...to own the libs.

These are the sorts of democratic failures that lead to the rise of actual fascism. Not overnight, but within the next decade or two, the risk just greatly increased. If the British economy gets hit that badly this year, imagine how bad it will get during the next global recession.

Hell, it could trigger the next global recession.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                No deal. Pack your bags and leave. 23 skiddoo.

The UK and the EU will have customs/visas/immigration, etc., just like we do with Canada.

May they live in interesting times.
                And bombs in Belfast. And eventually London.

ETA: Not eventually. It's already happening.

Investigators are looking for a possible unexploded letter bomb after an Irish terror group said it had sent five packages to targets across Britain last week, three of which were discovered in London and one in Glasgow.

In a claim of responsibility, a group calling itself the IRA said it was behind the packages and added that a fifth letter containing an improvised explosive device had been addressed to an unnamed army recruitment centre.

The Guardian understands investigators believe the group is actually the one known to the police and security services as the New IRA, which has previously focused its activities on the Derry area, where it bombed a court building in January.
                Last edited by ticapnews; 03-12-2019, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  And bombs in Belfast. And eventually London.

ETA: Not eventually. It's already happening.
                  Been happening...just not been reported as broadly as before
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    It will survive. Just Brussels and Strasbourg will have no say over Her Majesty's subjects ever again while they are on English soil.
                    Didnt take many economics classes did ya...
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      Except the EU doesnt have to accept her declaration...and most likely wont.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Except the EU doesnt have to accept her declaration...and most likely wont.
                        I thought the EU had already formally told them "no backsies"?
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          I thought the EU had already formally told them "no backsies"?
                          They have but they could change their mind too if they want I thought. (to be fair most of my info comes from Jon Oliver)

All this because a bunch of idiots voted for Brexit because they didnt understand what it was and didnt think it woud pass. Congrats morons.

And joe I know you wont watch it but iif you want to know why this is going to destroy the British economy and why this decision is stupid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh0ac5HUpDU
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyVz5vgqBhE
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaBQfSAVt0s
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            They have but they could change their mind too if they want I thought. (to be fair most of my info comes from Jon Oliver)

All this because a bunch of idiots voted for Brexit because they didnt understand what it was and didnt think it woud pass. Congrats morons.

And joe I know you wont watch it but iif you want to know why this is going to destroy the British economy and why this decision is stupid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh0ac5HUpDU
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyVz5vgqBhE
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaBQfSAVt0s
                            Lord Buckethead!!

Mookie thanks you
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Brexit is proof positive that conservatives are fuk ups the world over. Have a more inept and impotent group of people ever existed in world history? Yikes. Chump, Farage, Berlusconi, Netanyahu, Le Pen, etc etc. Its just a bunch of clueless old shi ts living in fantasyland.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Brexit is proof positive that conservatives are fuk ups the world over. Have a more inept and impotent group of people ever existed in world history? Yikes. Chump, Farage, Berlusconi, Netanyahu, Le Pen, etc etc. Its just a bunch of clueless old shi ts living in fantasyland.
                                Mao and Pol Pot were lefties and murderously bad, too -- Pol Pot being the answer to the Jeopardy question What If You Gave Rousseau The Power Of Life And Death? Robespierre wasn't as bad as Burke and the Brits painted him, but I think we can safely call that a failed experiment, too.

As for the Infamous Commie Soviets, Stalin was a reactionary thug and hence had deep conservative street cred. He certainly was just adopting the tool to hand and the tool happened to be a regime founded on left principles, then warped into an unrecognizable kleptocracy. Lenin was a lefty (and a success); Stalin was a psycho (and a failure).
                                Last edited by Kepler; 03-13-2019, 09:51 AM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X